(X) Atkins Chocolate Cake

disneyeveryyear

DIS Veteran
For those on the WISH chat last night who wanted the low-carb chocolate cake recipe - here it is:

8 Atkins Endulge Chocolate Candy Bars, coarsely chopped (my friend used 3 of the Atkins and 5 of the DeLite dark chocolate [made from Belgium chocolate] bars)
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon instant decaffeinated espresso powder (optional)
1 tablespoon hot water (optional with espresso powder)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, at room temperature

1.Heat oven to 325ºF. Grease an 8” round baking pan and line with parchment paper.
2.Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler; Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Mix espresso powder and water; stir into chocolate. Stir in vanilla extract. Set mixture aside to cool.
3.With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat eggs 6 minutes, until they fall in thick ribbons when beater is lifted. Stir one-third of the eggs into the chocolate mixture. In two additions, fold in remaining eggs. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top.
4.Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near middle of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs and cake is evenly raised. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5.To remove cake, run a knife around edge of pan. Dip bottom of pan into hot water for 1 minute, then turn cake out onto cutting board. Turn right side up onto a serving platter. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.

By the way - 8 servings at 2.5 carbs each.

Friend said it is wonderful - I have stuff to try it tonight.

So, how did this turn out for you?

It seems like the cake would be more fudgy than fluffy. Is that how it was? It sounds delicious! I can't wait to serve my family cake again!

I'll answer my own question. This is just like a souffle. OMG!!! Is it ever delicious!

I used Carbolite chocolate bars instead of Atkins. Carbolite has zero net g carbs per serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter