Xrays/ Camera Safety

DISNEYGATOR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Jumps on bandwago
I know that Xray machines in the airports that scan checked baggage can expose and ruin film (both used and unused)...

My question is, does DCL use Xray machines to scan checked bags?

Will the xray machine scanning carry-ons hurt my film? How should I pack my film... both to carry on, and to carry off the ship?

Any suggestions? Am I just being paranoid? I mean obviously there is a way to get it on and off... just wondering the best method! I am a scrapbooker, so I am bring a lot of disposible cameras.. (I prefer them when on vacation, since they take good picks, don't have to worry about camera breaking, and I can get a variety, APS, waterproof, etc).

Anyway... how should I bring all these cameras on board!

After losing ALL of our pictures from a vacation to "Airline Luggage Limbo", we always pack 1 carry-on with all of our cameras & film. Be sure to tell the people at the security x-ray area what it is - most of the newer x-ray equipment won't harm film though.

DisneyGator, I'm a scrapbooker too and I always carry my cameras, exposed and unexposed film in my carry on bag. I'm paranoid about the airlines losing my camera/film if I check in my bags but one time (not thinking) I checked my bag with my camera inside, at LAX, where I know they have the new xray machines. As soon as I got home, I had my film developed and my pictures turned out fine...what a relief. Don't know about the ship but to be safe, I would put my cameras in my carry on.
Have a great trip.

Deb

dont worry.we just came back from disney cruise and we had our camera and films taken thru the xray sooooo many times.nothing happen.xrays are safe for all films up to 1000 speed.we even had our pictures developed on the ship just to make sure that we will still have the pictures,and every single picture look great.so do not worry and have a happy sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter