Yak and Yeti?

cheerbaybee

Mouseketeer
My family loves to eat at Yak and Yeti for lunch. It's a perfect escape from the heat. ( if its hot). This year we will be bringing someone that's never been to Disney!!! This person will eat asian foods ( chinese ,Japanese, etc) but does not eat rice. That's any type of rice!! Has anyone ever been able to substitute the rice for noodles or the mashed potatoes that comes with another meal?

If not I think we will be forced to change our reservation. If I remember the portions the rice was the main component.

Thanks in advance!

We eat at Yak and Yeti often and I do not think we've ever had rice there. I say that because they have a ton of options without rice. While I would presume you could do substitutions I would not change my plans when there are plenty of non-rice options out there.

Last edited:

In my experience, I have been able to substitute the starch item on my entrees, specifically from mashed potatoes to rice. I see no reason they would not do the opposite. They have always been very accommodating.

Pretty much any full service can and will substitute one side for another unless the "side" is an integral part of the entree. So you should have no issue.

The chicken lo mein is delicious, and if you ask, they will make beef lo mein (my old favourite from QS Y&Y).

My family loves to eat at Yak and Yeti for lunch. It's a perfect escape from the heat. ( if its hot). This year we will be bringing someone that's never been to Disney!!! This person will eat asian foods ( chinese ,Japanese, etc) but does not eat rice. That's any type of rice!! Has anyone ever been able to substitute the rice for noodles or the mashed potatoes that comes with another meal?

If not I think we will be forced to change our reservation. If I remember the portions the rice was the main component.

Thanks in advance!

I have to laugh, that's like someone says they eats Italian food but won't eat pasta. LOL!! I'm hoping to get to try Yak and Yeti this year for our trip. I'm sure Disney can accommodate your friend.

Last time I was there the Korean BBQ ribs I ordered came with a side of fries. So there are definitely alternative sides to rice.

I have to laugh, that's like someone says they eats Italian food but won't eat pasta. LOL!! I'm hoping to get to try Yak and Yeti this year for our trip. I'm sure Disney can accommodate your friend.

You have no idea. Its something about the texture 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. They have been this way for as long as I known them.

My experience with this on two different visits was different. One time they let me get plain noodles instead of rice at no extra charge. But on another visit, they said I would have to pay $11 extra to get noodles instead of rice, because they have garlic noodles as a separate side item on the menu. This is even though I just wanted plain noodles and not garlic noodles.

My experience with this on two different visits was different. One time they let me get plain noodles instead of rice at no extra charge. But on another visit, they said I would have to pay $11 extra to get noodles instead of rice, because they have garlic noodles as a separate side item on the menu. This is even though I just wanted plain noodles and not garlic noodles.

Wow!! $11 upcharge is kind of pricey. It's almost the price of an entree. Maybe it might be best to ask before we sit.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if your trip has already happened, but the service staff at Yak & Yeti is very accommodating, but check the menus on the the My Disney Experience App to see if your guest can find an entree that appeals to them, the app is super handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter