YAWN........eclipse

I am in Atlanta at 95% or so. Yes it got somewhat darker, like you were viewing the world through tinted windows. I was expecting something more dramatic. There were people on roof tops that were looking at it for two hours. I looked up several times, including at the "peak" time. It was fine, but nothing totally amazing. I think being in 100% would make all the difference.

Yeah...don't get it. We had like 96 or 98% totality here in NC. It only got a tad dark like sunglasses in it tinted windows but not enough for street lights to come on.. Didn't have glasses so watched in selfie mode on cellphone but all we could see was a big bright round sun. Made some box and tinfoil viewers but saw nothing with those...:confused3. Took a quick peek at sun with regular sunglasses and saw the sun with a crescent moon in front of it. Meh!

97% here. It was cloudy but then an hour before, the clouds cleared and we could see it. I thought it was cool. Where my son is it was raining and cloudy and he didn't see a thing.

Zilch here with completely overcast skies. Just watched the NASA feed.

In Northern Ohio so it wasn't near much (I think 85% where I'm at??) but it was neat to see. One girl I work with brought in glasses and the cloud coverage moved just in time for the peak so it was neat seeing it. For the 2024 one our zip code is in the totality zone so that will be an experience (although no where rushing it because that's one week for DD's 16th birthday!!! - can't think that age!)

80% here in mid Michigan so was out in the front yard with my special box........and also, my umbrella as we did have a nifty little downpour at about 40% but when the sun came out after that it was awesome to witness. :goodvibes :sunny:

We were only going to see about 75% anyway, but we had fog! We have summer morning fog often but weren't expecting to be socked in today. It got a little darker, like a storm was coming, but that was it. The sun came out about the time it was complete here.

Ho-hum

NE FL. Right on the 75/90% line.
We were clear from the start until 7 minutes before totality. Then a massive swirling cloud moved in and blocked everything. :( Still overcast now. We got about 80% dark, but I'm not sure how much of that was impacted by the clouds.

I was so excited too.

We were about 50% here, but I think it's amazing! I had glasses and it was so cool to see the moon move across the sun. Outside it seemed like it was an overcast day- not dark at all, but not sunny like it had been earlier. I just love celestial events. I mean, what did you do today? I watched the moon move across the face of the sun!

Monday, April 8, 2024: We will be smack dab in the path of totality and I am PSYCHED!! (Hopefully, I'll remember where my glasses are, LOL!)

The difference between even just a sliver and totality was huge. The difference in light between a sliver (98% or so) and totality was more than the difference between full sun and 98%. I'm grateful we only had to go to our back yard.
I agree. We were lucky to see it from my mom's backyard in East Tennessee. There was an enormous difference in the darkness and atmosphere at totality and when just a sliver of the sun was visible. We were a pretty jaded group but everyone agreed totality was more than we expected!

70% here and I thought it was fascinating. I don't remember ever seeing a solar eclipse so I geeked out. Dh stayed home from work, we got our glasses on and had a little party on the deck.

I'm so glad my partner insisted on driving an hour north to get us in the middle of the totality--I had thought that being over 99% would be enough, but it was really dramatic when it went from a smidge of son showing to none at all. Amazing. Traffic was fine up as we took back roads. Worse on the way back, but still very, very worth it. We parked and viewed it out in the country, and a rooster got very confused.

Saw the pictures of the moon. As really heard it was something else. Just not interested in that stuff but to each their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter