Yay!! We bought our flights!

travelwith4kids

Mouseketeer
We were waiting to see if there were wonderful sales for our dates at the expo on the weekend and we were disappointed to find that there werent. Flight centre quoted us $7800 for the 6 of us (BNE_LAX return) and although we didnt think it was too bad we came home thinking about it.
DH was a little worried that as the sales seemed to be on either side of our dates we wouldnt get any cheaper until very close to our travel and we didnt want to wait until a month before with 4 kids. DH got online and found the same flights as we were quoted with Flight Centre for $7200 so I went down to our local Escape Travel (I didnt really like the Flight Centre lady) and they matched them for us so we booked!!
It is slightly more then we were hoping to pay but now that it is done it feels so good to not worry and anticipate flight prices... and we are soooo excited that now it is REAL!! :yay::yay::yay:
Now I can book car, tickets etc and start making lists! I love lists lol.
I'm off to fill in passport applications :hyper:

Yay, Congratulations! Booking flights are the most exciting bit I think. It means you are *really* going on holidays!

Oooh Congrats!
We're still waiting to book our flights, that seems like its going to make it so much more real!

It feels really real now as its a definite! Before, even though we have alot of acomm booked we could just not end up going for whatever reason. Its SO for real now! I ordered a 28degrees credit card online last night (our bank charges us crazy fees for OS purchases) so that I can start buying tickets and stuff. The small child in me wants to go pack (for a sept trip :blush:)

It feels really real now as its a definite! Before, even though we have alot of acomm booked we could just not end up going for whatever reason. Its SO for real now! I ordered a 28degrees credit card online last night (our bank charges us crazy fees for OS purchases) so that I can start buying tickets and stuff. The small child in me wants to go pack (for a sept trip :blush:)

Congratulations on your flights. At least now you have your definite dates which makes it easier to plan and book. You also get to watch your bank balance go down. I know how you feel though. We booked our flights last week and it's real now. I've started buying tickets and stuff also. We're going late August and I have started packing. So it's not too early. :rotfl:

Congrats to you, its a great feeling having it all in place and ready to go! :) I wasn't impressed with the expo flights either. Its almost like they try to test you with a higher price before offering to match anything else. It is disappointing to go to such a place to only get what you would if you went into any other flight center. They quoted us more than what I found online........so I'm still waiting for the perfect price, hopefully it isn't too far away :genie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter