Year of a million dreams 2008

I didn't read through the entire list, but WOW!

Those Grand Prizes are quite spectacular...

Who wouldn't want Castaway Cay to themselves?! :cool2:

We won't be heading back to WDW until Decemebr 2008. Here's hoping Uncle Walt saves something for me! :cloud9:

Hmm, maybe I'll get a chance next year to win something. So far we have been to WDW about 30 days since the YOMD started. We haven't even seen the dream squad giving out "dreams" to anyone. We have 20 more days planned thru April of 2008, maybe 2008 is our lucky year! :cloud9:

Hmm, maybe I'll get a chance next year to win something. So far we have been to WDW about 30 days since the YOMD started. We haven't even seen the dream squad giving out "dreams" to anyone. We have 20 more days planned thru April of 2008, maybe 2008 is our lucky year! :cloud9:

:tink:

WOW! Spending that many days at WDW is a DREAM COME TRUE!!!!

On our past trip we got Dream Fastpasses at Animal Kingdom and my FIL got free ice cream at OKW. In Dec. 2006 we got nothing. :lmao:
They are around you just need to be in the right place at the right time so to speak....

We were there in Jan. 07 for 7 days... never won anything either. We were very close... we were getting off the Great Movie Ride and I saw the dream squad with duffle bags and got excited... but they shooed us off the ride and it seems the folks getting on were going to win something. :( Oh well... I was happy to hear that we can try again in Jan. 08.

But, while we were there, we were told that the choosing of winners is completely random. A CM told us they go by a list of "Ride X at X time" - this is when they hand out prizes. For the big prizes, I was told they will even say things like "Seat X, on ride X and X time". So - trying to look like a "cute" family didn't cut it for us! :rotfl: I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. I will try again this January!

Oh my- this would be a dream come true:
15p4c3n.jpg

Dis you check out the catalog

when we were there in December we saw LOTS of mickey ears and dream fastpasses. and the kid in line directly behind my DD on dumbo got a special "pilot certificate" but we got nada. the one day we were enjoying breakfast at a small cafe table off of main street right after the park opened a Dream Squad member approached my DD and I and starting chatting with us. she was so nice (and I was thinking we were actually going to be chosen for something) but it wasnt too be. we leave on Friday for 4 days and go back in January for another 5 so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

We've been twice this year, and nada, nothing. Saw them out there. DD even traded pins with one. Oh well, going at New Years and Easter, maybe 2008 will be better for us.

within the next year we will be there at least 25 days....i would love to win something...anything would be nice.:flower3:

My cousin just went in September and told me she and her family (DH and 3 kids) got 2 "prizes" and barely missed out on a third. They were upgraded to a Castle/Water view at the Polynesian at check in - which the check in person said was their Year of a Million Dreams prize. (they were thrilled!) They got selected at Magic Kingdom as a special family and got a private meeting with Mickey Mouse - special room, pictures, everything. She said she and her husband were giddy! The kids (ages 7,6 and 5) were in heaven as it was their first trip to WDW! Then they barely missed out on dream fast passes at Animal Kingdom. The dream squad person only had 4 left and they were a family of 5. :( She said she begged and pleaded, but they needed a family of 4. But, she understood and she said the lines were minimal anyway.

So - the dream squad is out there. I just hope I can find them in January! Or that they find me.

Thanks for a link to the catalog. Alot of the prizes seem to be for four people. So should I leave DH home or one of the kids;)

While not quite as fancy, we felt as though we hit the jackpot last June:thumbsup2YOAMD Fastpass lanyards @ Epcot & then @ the MK:banana: :woohoo:

jjohnson,
We only have one kid coming in January - so I will have to grab another kid when we are there to be a family of 4! :)

:smickey: The dream catalog is awesome!! Thanks for the info. We won Fastpass badges at Animal Kingdom during our trip in May 2007 - we felt like royalty! It was soooo great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter