Yes I would like a free birthday dessert...A Dining Trip Report *Updated 6/19 Be Our Guest* COMPLETE

Well your trip is just about over, but I finally found your report. Loving all the food. Your V&A experience looks especially amazing. I'd love to eat there sometime but I can't get the hubby to commit.
It was an amazing meal, you need to talk him into it one day.

Loving all your reviews! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip!
Thank you :)

I'm enjoying your report so far! :)

I'm pretty sure that the other side of that window in Yachtsman is Crew's Cup Lounge since it's right next door & I've been there a handful of times now & have seen the little window w/the meat display in it.

I'm enjoying your report so far! :)

I'm pretty sure that the other side of that window in Yachtsman is Crew's Cup Lounge since it's right next door & I've been there a handful of times now & have seen the little window w/the meat display in it.
Thanks! It's good to have this mystery solved :)

Love your review. Happy Belated Birthday!
Thank you :) It's like I'm getting to celebrate it all over again with this dining report.

MAY 26TH - FRIDAY
BE OUR GUEST
The last day of our trip had finally arrived. It was a little sad knowing this would be the last time we would be at the Boardwalk and that in a few hours we would be leaving Disney for a while. On the bright side we were not leaving until way later in the afternoon and had lots of fun activities ahead. Even though check out is 11am, we wanted to get over to the Magic Kingdom early to get in as many rides as possible. We got up at 7am and was out of the room by 8am. We left our luggage with Bell Services and went down to the boardwalk to get some breakfast.

This is when I learned going at a prime time to the Bakery is a bad idea. The line was out the door and my hopes of getting over to Magic Kingdom soon were dashed. After waiting in line we both decided on the Breakfast Sandwich that comes with egg, cheese, and bacon. It also comes with a side of pineapple.

IMG_9696_zpsayrzolad.jpg

IMG_9697_zpsrgqhjmvs.jpg

I really like this breakfast sandwich, but I think I liked the one over at the Grand Floridian a little bit more. It might be just because I love croissants. But this sandwich was pretty filling and as soon as we were done we headed over to the buses. We decided driving didn't make much sense for Magic Kingdom since you have to park at the TTC and then take a boat or monorail after that. A bus showed up after about fifteen minutes and we were the last two people to squeeze onto the packed bus. I'm not really a fan of the buses and having to stand the entire drive over to Magic Kingdom wasn't pleasant. I thought I was going to fall into people's laps every time the bus came to a sudden stop.

IMG_9721_zpsjolfbmbu.jpg

Once at the Magic Kingdom I decided I needed some coffee. I love that starbucks is on Main Street and got my usual caramel macchiato, I had mixed it together before I thought to take picture. I like having the castle in the background.

IMG_9775_zpsu9ovcjh4.jpg

I love this picture I took of the castle. It was a rare moment when the bridge through the castle was actually open so we were walking under it when I snapped this. I think it looks professional :)

I made two of our three fast passes for before our lunch at Be Our Guest and Peter Pan after. It was a really hot day and there was not a single cloud in the sky. Space Mountain had broken down for a bit (which we had a fast pass for) and had over a two hour wait when we went over to it. It looked like they were only letting people with fast passes ride and no one from the stand by line. Then we rode the mine train and it got stuck. I thought this was fun - probably because it was only for a couple minutes. When we finished there was still 45 minutes until our 1:40pm reservation and all the wait times except the Little Mermaid ride were way too long to wait. So we ended up riding this three times in a row. It only had a 10 minute wait while every other ride in the park was well over an hour! We were still early, but I think my boyfriend would have killed me if I made him ride the Little Mermaid one more time. We went over to check in and they let us go in early. Yay!

IMG_9742_zpsfjnnnu9w.jpg

You can see the cloudless sky in the picture above. Also lots of people standing around the entrance to Be Our Guest. I always feel so special getting to walk down that bridge since I know how hard this reservation is to get.

IMG_9747_zpsa2e1pyfm.jpg

On the bridge I snapped some photos. I like the little creek they have going under the bridge.

IMG_9748_zpswtbrvskf.jpg

The sad little statues that line the bridge.

IMG_9749_zpsjumifube.jpg

They gave us this rose when we checked in. We had pre-ordered our food and the cashier took the rose before we sat. She said they would find us by our magic bands.

IMG_9750_zpskkgis8sx.jpg

The entrance no one gets to enter without a reservation.

IMG_9751_zpsu5qkmtmr.jpg

Since it was lunch time they told us we could go pick out where we wanted to sit. I chose the table next to the magical windows that have snow falling on a mountainside. It's so pretty and gives you a view of the whole ballroom.

IMG_9752_zpsgvybjvgm.jpg

I think 1:40pm is considered an off time to go have lunch so it wasn't really crowded when we got there. The one thing I loved was that we were inside with air conditioning and we could just relax. Our next fast pass wasn't until 3pm so we had some time to just rest.

IMG_9753_zpsahbx8cmx.jpg

IMG_9756_zpsfzcsvuvh.jpg

IMG_9757_zpsyh0welki.jpg

Lots of pictures of the room. I think this building was so well designed. It's so pretty.

Onto the food:

IMG_9763_zpswln8lokw.jpg

I ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich. Carved Turkey Sandwich served warm on a Baguette with Dijon Mayonnaise and Pommes Frites. I really liked this, it was delicious and not too heavy for lunch. I would definitely order this again. I also liked that it came with ketchup on the plate. The only thing I didn't like was it came with a tomato and there was no way to ask for no tomato without removing all the extra items on the sandwich. (I hate tomatoes) so I just picked it off after. You might be able to remove it at the register, but I forgot to ask. When pre-ordering you are a little limited in what you can do. And although we didn't need to, I know many like to split checks. If you are pre-ordering here you are not able to do that. Either you will need to order once you get there and wait in the long line, or work something out ahead of time. Getting a gift card with all the money on it is a good idea so everyone can contribute.

IMG_9764_zps7bh7h5cb.jpg

My boyfriend ordered the French Dip Sandwich. From the website: Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites *This item may contain raw or undercooked ingredients. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.

He really liked this and finished it off rather quickly. We also ordered two sodas, but no dessert. This was the only meal of the trip with no free birthday dessert or any dessert of any kind. I kind of wished I had ordered a cupcake, but thirty days before our trip I just wasn't craving one when I made this order lol.

We lingered a long time at our table before leaving. We were exhausted from the heat and I needed to sit. Since our next fast pass wasn't until 3 we had a lot of time to kill. I over estimated the amount of time we would spend at meals when making our fast passes. It wasn't crowded though so we felt no pressure to leave which was great. Once we were fully rested we did a little exploring of the other rooms.

IMG_9779_zpslmua7zxs.jpg

We went into the west wing. I don't think we'd ever choose to eat here. It's a lot darker and there is thunder noises every couple minutes. A lot of people also walk through here taking pictures which I'm sure could get annoying. I tried to get a picture of the prince changing into the Beast, but I missed it.

IMG_9780_zpsfymqcq1g.jpg

The magical rose. I have a crystal replica of this at home that I bought in Germany at Epcot.

IMG_9782_zps0pvad8dq.jpg

This mural amuses me. The Beast's pants are nude colored, which is not how they are drawn in the movie. Not sure who decided this looked good, but now that I've noticed I can never unsee it.

IMG_9785_zpsibsvksel.jpg

Before leaving I finally got my mickey ice cream. Since our last trip in September where I forgot to get one I've been meaning to eat one at Magic Kingdom. It was delicious on this hot day and a great way to end the trip.

This was an amazing week celebrating my birthday and I'm really happy to share it with all of you. :) I'm not sure I could pick a favorite place we ate at, but there are a bunch that we want to return to in the future.

Since I now have an annual pass we are making the most of it by going back for many many weekend trips. I might do a dining trip report for all those mini trips. Our first one is August 18 (which I made fast passes for today yay!)

Thank you for going on this journey with me.

THE END

I really enjoyed living vicariously through your reviews and photos. What a wonderful birthday celebration! Thanks so much for sharing this trip with us. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the near future. Have fun in August!

Your reviews are great - I've enjoyed reading your reviews! Thank you for sharing your trip!

Thanks for all the great reviews, I enjoyed reading. I'm sorry your CG was not pleasant at all, terrible manager!

I also love the turkey sandwich at BOG.

I love BOG! And sitting right there by the windows is the best--on my first WDW trip we scored a last minute dinner reservation, just my husband and me, and they sat us right there by the windows. It was magical. :)

Thanks for sharing your reviews--I've enjoyed reading them (and seeing the pictures)!

Your reviews are great - I've enjoyed reading your reviews! Thank you for sharing your trip!
Thank you for reading :)

Thanks for all the great reviews, I enjoyed reading. I'm sorry your CG was not pleasant at all, terrible manager!

I also love the turkey sandwich at BOG.
It was unfortunate to have such a bad experience there, but we had so many other great ones to make up for it. That sandwich was delicious!

I love BOG! And sitting right there by the windows is the best--on my first WDW trip we scored a last minute dinner reservation, just my husband and me, and they sat us right there by the windows. It was magical. :)

Thanks for sharing your reviews--I've enjoyed reading them (and seeing the pictures)!
You're lucky to have gotten sat next to the windows, it really makes the place feel magical with the snow falling outside. Especially when it's really 100 degrees outside lol. Thanks for reading :) I love including a lot of pictures I think that makes the reviews pop more.

Glad you went on on a good food note. Thanks for sharing all your adventures

I fell so far behind but now I'm caught up! With the exception of a couple missteps it seems like you had a great trip all-around. We've been to Yachtsman once and loved it; I've wanted to go back but unfortunately just haven't gotten there again yet. Monsieur Paul's has never even been on my radar but your meal sounds so delicious! I think I need to revisit the menu and see if it's somewhere DH and I would like to try.
Oh and yes, the BW Bakery gets super busy in the morning :rolleyes: On our BW stays DH would go down to get some pastries and coffee while I got myself and the boys ready, and we'd be pretty much done by the time he got back!
I enjoyed your report; thank you sharing :goodvibes

I fell so far behind but now I'm caught up! With the exception of a couple missteps it seems like you had a great trip all-around. We've been to Yachtsman once and loved it; I've wanted to go back but unfortunately just haven't gotten there again yet. Monsieur Paul's has never even been on my radar but your meal sounds so delicious! I think I need to revisit the menu and see if it's somewhere DH and I would like to try.
Oh and yes, the BW Bakery gets super busy in the morning :rolleyes: On our BW stays DH would go down to get some pastries and coffee while I got myself and the boys ready, and we'd be pretty much done by the time he got back!
I enjoyed your report; thank you sharing :goodvibes
Thanks for reading along :) I'm also glad you were able to catch up before photobucket did some weird update that is now messing with all my pictures showing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts