Yet another Universal vs Disney thread...

The thing that really gets me is all this "magic" talk. When someone posts that Universal doesn't have "magic", I would like to know exactly what they are talking about. I mean...I go to Disney all the time and don't feel engulfed by this "magic" they all seem to talk about and believe me, I've done every attraction over there. Both resorts have their own atmosphere but I wouldn't call it "magic". Rather, I would call it Romper Room on crack for the most part. There is nothing "magical" about having to dodge the commando parents who drive strollers like a NASCAR racer! I like Disney as much as the next person and I think they have a good product but I just don't get the whole "magic" thing.

Maybe someday I'll find out what this "magic" is. :confused3

There is nothing "magical" about having to dodge the commando parents who drive strollers like a NASCAR racer!

Ain't that the truth!! I missed the memo that said strollers have the right of way at all times, because there are a lot of people who think that.

The thing that really gets me is all this "magic" talk. When someone posts that Universal doesn't have "magic", I would like to know exactly what they are talking about. I mean...I go to Disney all the time and don't feel engulfed by this "magic" they all seem to talk about and believe me, I've done every attraction over there. Both resorts have their own atmosphere but I wouldn't call it "magic". Rather, I would call it Romper Room on crack for the most part. There is nothing "magical" about having to dodge the commando parents who drive strollers like a NASCAR racer! I like Disney as much as the next person and I think they have a good product but I just don't get the whole "magic" thing.

Maybe someday I'll find out what this "magic" is. :confused3

I don't feel the "magic" either.:confused3

I don't get the "magic" thing either...... but if "magic" means bumping into crowds of people all day long and standing in long lines all day, well, THEN i feel the "magic"..... :rolleyes:

I def. get the Disney magic:love: my happy place...

U has it's own special charm for us (we get to sleep in:rotfl: and leave our commando boots in the suitcase --- PRICELESS:banana: ).

To heck with "magic" at either disney or UO.....I just spent another day at Discovery Cove....floating around all day staring at fish, sting rays, and kissing dolphins and not having to wait in line for any of it....all the while drinking gallons of free beer, and eating tasty free food (okay not free, but its included)....now that magic.:thumbsup2

we have mummy dust.............we don't need magic..........

3.gif
4.gif
3.gif

4.gif
3.gif

4.gif

1.gif

came back to say, i have been avoiding those disney, nah nah nay threads vs universal.................

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink

came back to say, i have been avoiding those disney, nah nah nay threads vs universal.................

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink

:lmao: "neigh" sayers

pretty fireworks:cool1:

i've never been to SW, let alone DC (i'm cheeeeep).;) Not sure if i want to kiss a dolphin (had my share of toads):banana:

The thing that really gets me is all this "magic" talk. When someone posts that Universal doesn't have "magic", I would like to know exactly what they are talking about. I mean...I go to Disney all the time and don't feel engulfed by this "magic" they all seem to talk about and believe me, I've done every attraction over there. Both resorts have their own atmosphere but I wouldn't call it "magic".

I've always wondered about this myself...I've always figured to the WDW-only crowd 'magic' means having big-headed mice, pantless ducks, and princesses crammed so far down your throat they're falling out your hoop :confused3

To me, the 'magic' is the excitement I get out of being on vacation and I get that at both WDW & USO :thumbsup2

My favorite quotes today that made me almost wet myself:

I would call it Romper Room on crack for the most part. There is nothing "magical" about having to dodge the commando parents who drive strollers like a NASCAR racer! I like Disney as much as the next person and I think they have a good product but I just don't get the whole "magic" thing.

&

I've always figured to the WDW-only crowd 'magic' means having big-headed mice, pantless ducks, and princesses crammed so far down your throat they're falling out your hoop

I have to agree on the magic thing. Although I love both Universal and Disney, I find Universal far more relaxing and enjoyable, and more suiting to my needs. And, on top of that, I made a solo trip to Disney last time and got some pretty rude comments from both visitors and workers - at Universal, I felt way more at ease being a solo traveller, especially with the single rider lines (LOVED THEM). Truth be told, I wouldn't care if BF and me went to Disney on our next trip, but there are some things about Disney that I would like for him to experience. But to compare the two is like comparing an apple to an orange....you have to truly taste them both to understand their differences. Without eating one, how can you make a just comparison???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter