Yikes! 7-month window. What to do!

timC

DVC Member at BWV
I've been real good about planning our vacations 2 and sometimes 3 trips out... then booking them at the 11-month window. We've never had to deal with waitlists, and our plans are normally stay pretty solid. :3dglasses

For our traditional June trip, next year we have a BCV/HHI vacation planned, and now we're past our 7mth window and really should book ASAP. :wizard:

Problem: We're now undecided about this plan. Might do a non-DVC vacation next summer, or might have to move our vacation to later in the summer because of a big project at work. :badpc:

I'm stuck. I'm thinking I should got ahead and book my original plan anyway, so at least I have something... but I'm not confident that plan will stick. :confused:

((UPDATE: Yes. I will be using regular 2005 points. no banked/borrowed points))

Suggestions?

As long as you will not be using banked or borrowed points, I would go ahead and book it. It gets tricky if borrowed points are involved, because they will expire at the end of your use year if you cancel the trip. I understand HH can be difficult to get in the summer.

DebbieB said:
As long as you will not be using banked or borrowed points, I would go ahead and book it. It gets tricky if borrowed points are involved, because they will expire at the end of your use year if you cancel the trip. I understand HH can be difficult to get in the summer.
ITA -- Book it now with your most-likely-to-do scenario and take it from there. Only if, though, you are not using banked or borrowed points.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks...

I might go ahead and book a straight/simple 7day, BCV 2br. This may make it easier to rent out, as another alternative if disaster strikes.

And, I'll probably go with PHP passes rather than AP. If we have to cancel, we're probably not going to money's worth out of an AP.

Book anything you can and might use using the "current" use years points. You can always cancel part or all later if you need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter