YIKES No Reservations Being taken for dining

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
I just called the 407# to see how far in advance I could make my reservations for the parks and for citywalk in Sept. The gentleman I spoke to said they are not taking reservations for any parties of less than 10 at the park or citywalk rests. He said this is due to company takeovers, which he explained is when someone will buy the rest out for the night..has anyone else run into this problem?

This is news to me. They're taking priority seating ressies now.

Could it have something to do with the specific dates of your visit? It may be that they have indeed sold an unusually large number of private parties.

If you come to UO often enough sooner or later you'll find a restaurant, a section of the park, or even an entire park closed for several hours for a private event.

Kelly,

Thanks for responding. I called just last night, and I never even mentioned my dates when the man told me this. I then told him I was not visiting until Sept, and asked when I should try back. He said this is policy and will remain that way, so there is no need to try back.

Leigh: I called a number listed on the "dining information" thread and was able to get reservations for later this month. I had the same experience you did the first time I called. Tried back again and was able to make the reservations. I think the second time I called it was the guest services line. Don't remember the number, but I found it on this board under "dining information" I think. Made reservations for Margaritaville and Mythos. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

I will try again. To be honest we are going in the middle of Sept and staying onsite, so if it is anything like WDW that time of year I prob wont even need reservations for anywhere but Emerils which I already have. Thanks again!

If you're staying on site have the hotel concierge make the reservations for you. I used the Club level concierge at HRH to make same day reservations at Tchoup Chop and got them, even though I thought my chances would be extremely slim.

Try calling 407-363-8000 and press 0.

They can take dining reservations for you!

(They usually go 60-90 days in advance for booking).

Thanks!

I called Mythos direct lastweek and made a reservation for next month! There wasn't any problem at all.

Just called again and now they told me 30 days in advance...I am sending an email to US telling them if someone can not tell me the policy I will be happy to transfer all of my hotel reservations and dining reservations of to WDW where I know how things work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter