yikes

mumeof3

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip going to orlando without going to disney:{ this year we decided only because we have a timeshare and did not use it last year{because disney ran that great special last summer with free dining:cool1: }that we need to stay at our timeshare or we lose the week:headache: ,so we decided to only do Universal parks and sea world....has anyone done this?I am just feeling awkward about being next door to the Pooh and not going to see him....but my kids are not intrested in Disney{my oldest has his senior trip there this year}also we are trying to to spend alot of money and Universal has those great park prices.....please tell me if we are doing the right thing:confused3

I think you are doing the right thing. USO and Sea World are great parks. I love Disney too, but sometimes a change is a good thing. We are going to USO tomorrow and not going to Disney - do it all the time. You will have a great time!:thumbsup2

YES, YES, YES you are doing the right thing!!!!!!!!!!
My mom is a disney fanatic and we have been to WDW over 100 times with her. Our stays got less and less magical over time. This Christmas my husband , son and myself decided to do Universal instead. It was incredible!!! We loved everything about the place and are going back the end of this month and in March also. We actually had tickets to Mickeys Christmas party while we were there and only stayed a few hours. Got bored with it and missed Universal and our resort there (Royal Pacific.) We have stayed at every resort on Disney property and I have to say the Royal Pacific blows them all away. Go and have a great time!!

Yes you are doing the right thing. Parents get brainwashed into visiting only Disney every year. The kids go along with it at a young age because they don't know what else is out there. As the kids turn 8-10, Disney turns into kiddie rides with long lines. The parents keep going back year after year because they don't know any better. Then something amazing happens. They try Universal and "a whole new world" opens up.

The best advice is to spend a morning at each park. To get the full effect, you really need to stay on site, so go with an open mind. The best advice is to arrive the parking garage at 07:45am, tour a park, then leave. The crowds arrive at 11am. Do not arrive at 11am or you will have a bad time and write a negative trip report. If you arrive early at least the lines will be short. You probaby won't feel the "magic" because you are not staying onsite. You can still walk to the onsite hotels and check them out, so you can plan a visit for next year.

SWF is easier, they only have 2 coasters, and the rest is shows. All you have to do there, is arrive each show 30 minutes early, and eat lunch at 11:30am before the crowd packs the restaurants.

After visiting Universal and Sea World, you can drive over to Busch Gardens Tampa, and from there you schedule trips to Cedar Point. Disney is great and all that, but honestly, you only need to visit every 4 years once the kids grow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter