YMP Code and Expedia Room Only Rates

Oh yeah, clear as mud...
I would be careful, How much is the base ticket ? $56 a day? Is there anyway to give these away or keep them as unused and then upgrade them after your AP expires? Maybe?

I just spoke with two expedia reps regarding my reservation of room and free dining. I wanted to confirm that I didn't have to buy park passes. They, of course, didn't know and called Disney while I was on hold FOREVER!

They came back after forever and confirmed that I would be getting the Disney Dining package for everyone in the party for the duration of my stay and that the reservation was fine as it stands. No need to purchase anything else.

I got the reps name and file number just for reference but I feel much much better now.

Is it possible the difference in the price $200 was for trip insurance? I know I priced it up once and that was basically the difference in price - CRO always quotes with the insurance and Expedia does not.

Hey guys, just went to expedia and found this on the hotel features link. It clearly says you must buy a MYW base ticket with park hopper for the special.

Promotions

Take a magical vacation...and get the Disney Dining Plan included
Book a stay of three nights or more at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel, add Disney’s Magic Your Way Base Ticket with Park Hopper® Option, and get the Disney Dining Plan included. Save on your tickets and also get up to $50 worth of dining, per person, per day.
Disney Dining Plan* includes:

1 Table Service meal, 1 Counter Service meal, and 1 Snack, per person, per day
Choice of more than 100 restaurants
Convenient access: Dining credits automatically deducted as you use them
*One Table Service meal may be exchanged for one Character Dining Experience. Two Table Service meals may be exchanged for either one Signature Dining Experience at a fine-dining restaurant or one Disney Dinner Show.

Valid for travel between Aug. 21, 2005 and Oct. 4, 2005.
Travel must be booked by July 1, 2005 to qualify.

For Theme Park ticket details, see Featured Activities & Services when booking your trip.

wow, thank you plutofreak! (wonder why i did not see that?! LOL!)

now, can you book hotel/park tickets w/out booking airfare or car rental?

okay just went back to expedia and pretended to book a trip from August 30- Sept. 6. I was staying at the all star for $76 a night. After you choose your hotel, It ask you what kind of ticket you want, I choose the 7 day base with park hopping. my grand total was $1097.09

Billing and delivery information

1 Review the charges

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel: Disney's All-Star Music Resort, Lake Buena Vista more details

Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check-in: Tue Aug-30-2005 Check-out: Tue Sep-6-2005 Nights: 7
Total room cost: $532.00
Taxes & service fees: $12.87/night

Reservation details:
Guests: 2 adults
Standard room - value-includes dining
Requested options: 1 KING BED
8/30 - 9/5: $76.00/night
Taxes & service fees: $12.87/night

Change this lodging Change a traveler
Lodging total: $622.09

Activities & Services: Lake Buena Vista more details

Walt Disney World 7-Day Base with Park Hopper Ticket + Dining Plan: 2 Adults
Walt Disney World® Magical Express Service: 2 Travelers

Total cost: $449.20
Taxes and fees: $25.80

Tue 30-Aug-05 -- Tue 6-Sep-05
Walt Disney World 7-Day Base with Park Hopper Ticket + Dining Plan 2 Adults: $449.20
Tax: $25.80

Tue 30-Aug-05 -- Tue 6-Sep-05
Walt Disney World® Magical Express Service 2 Travelers: $0.00

Change these Activities & Services Change a traveler
Subtotal: $475.00

Total*: $1,097.09

* This total includes selected items, taxes, and fees.

There's the breakdown, any question just write back

gigi1313 said:
wow, thank you plutofreak! (wonder why i did not see that?! LOL!)

now, can you book hotel/park tickets w/out booking airfare or car rental?

Have you booked your trip yet or are you still checking out Expedia. Just wanted to see what you came up with

I haven't booked a trip, I just thought the offer was to good to be true, Free dining with no ticket. so I went as far as I could in the booking process without actually booking. I tried it once again with no tickets and I wasn't able to get the Dining. Just be careful read everything, Also if using expedia they will bring you to a page of options to choose from like tickets, dinner shows around orlando stuff like that. Sometimes the boxes are automatically marked when you get to the page and if you don't pay attention you will be paying for something you don't want. For instance, a 7 day MYW ticket was marked already so just be careful

Plutofreak- I did the same thing, yes, it did automatically check in the passes and my quote went from one thousand to over two thousand dollars with the passes. At this time, it seems that they have corrected any mistake they may have been making yesterday. Now, when you un-check the passes, the dining drops off too, and the only thing it shows you getting is the room and luggage service.

Everyone, just be sure to tripple check your ressies....

i booked my trip thru my travel agent (www.magicalmemoriestravel.com) yesterday morning... i was too anxious and nervous to wait! LOL! (although if expedia saved me a bundle, i'd have her book it thru them!)

one thing i did notice when i mock-booked thru expedia is that a 1 day ticket was not available... the lowest was three, but that could be because my trip is 8 nights?

Your agent wouldn't be able to book it through Expedia as then she would lose her commission. Expedia wouldn't pay her to book it

This was a mistake on Expedia's part, and is being rectified now. I have been told that folks who did get this deal will actually hear from Expedia within 24 hours. They will be told that they have to add tickets in order to get the deal. Did anyone actually book this, and hear back from Expedia?

Francine

Booked room and free dining without park tickets. Haven't heard from Expedia yet. Will keep you informed.

BTW, I was still able to book the room with the free dining without tickets (I just unchecked the ticket box at checkout) 5 minutes ago on Expedia. Didn't go through with it but I just wanted to check if it would let me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter