Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

I'm SO hungry after reading the latest update! Moreso, I think I need a margarita... unfortunately it's 6:10am right now and I need to adult today... so coffee will have to do :cutie:

The Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast brisket had a great smoky flavor and I loved the creamy pimento cheese.

YUM YUM YUM YUM. YUUUM.

Steve may or may not have had a good laugh at my expense as I had a coughing fit and called for water upon eating it.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Speaking of which, I got the Pepper's Ghost with Ciroc Pineapple Vodka and Habanero Lime.

This drink has now made it on my Disney Planning spreadsheet :goodvibes

These certainly don't look all that appetizing but they hit the proverbial carb spot! This is also where Steve and Jason were attempting to eat the dumplings, while Ariane and I held them in our laps, and the conversation went south very quickly. #TipsyFriendship
Good thing Casey wasn't there!

img_4463-jpg.302121
Why are those cups so small!?! That is a crime!

img_0122-jpg.302124

Is that a ball in your hand or are you just happy to see me?
Love it!

My face said it all as this bad boy was SOUR!!!
I would probably love that! I love sour.

Steve may or may not have had a good laugh at my expense as I had a coughing fit and called for water upon eating it. Apparently he'd learned his lesson the day before :P W
That IS a good friend, knowing what is coming and still just letting it happen. Ha!

Speaking of which, I got the Pepper's Ghost with Ciroc Pineapple Vodka and Habanero Lime.
img_4483-jpg.302131
Also looks delish!

We eventually said goodbye to our fellow tipsy travelers and headed over to Beach Club to pick up our child. Casey had a blast with a visit from chip and dale, baking cookies, making crafts, playing games, and doing some sort of science experiment with a balloon she apparently named "Cankle,"
I feel like the closing of the kids clubs is just a reason why we need to be in Disney at the same time, Morgan will be 10, she can TOTALLY watch Casey and Gwen. What could go wrong?!

Do you remember Steve actually liked that??? He's gross.
Ha! That is love.
Oh, no... not another boring meet-up! :lmao:
Ha! You two really put all other dis-meets to shame!

:rotfl: I'm getting a good laugh over Jason and his tiny tiny drinks!
Well if you are laughing over that there are plenty of Jason and "tiny" drinks to come :-) I do love that they have tasting portions, but $4-5 for these tiny thimbles is getting a bit ridiculous. By the end of the trip Jasons only request was for "real" sized beer.

Baha this is wild! And no, I can't picture Steve in sanitation. :laughing:
For the record Steve does not actually work in sanitation, he just apparently asks fellow New Yorkers if they work there :P

Josh had this last year and he wasn't prepared for how spicy it was either, he didn't like it at all :rotfl:
I liked it, but for Disney this was CRAZY hot!!!! They tend to dull everything down so I was definitely caught off guard.

What a fun night at F&W! I was also surprised to hear they were getting rid of the kids clubs - I don’t have kids but seemed like a great idea to me! You were on quite a roll with appetizing photos there. :scared: :rotfl: Some things just don’t translate to film! Glad it all tasted good and so fun to have some partners in crime to hang out with. The handwich was definitely reminiscent of Hamburger Helper. Great idea to head to Abracadabar!
It was most definitely a fun night!!!! As my photo most clearly show :P

Oh my gosh, what a fun night!
YUP!!! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Oh, to be a fly on the wall that night! Looking good ladies!
Sounds like you had a blast.
I'm not sure a fly could even hang on our wall. The alcohol fumes may just take him down :P

What a super fun night! Plus a DIS friend meet up! Yay! Looks like a blast. Looking forward to hearing about your recovery breakfast :D
It was most definitely a super fun night!!!! Ariane has become a great friend so it was a awesome our trips coincided.

And in a bit of pre shadowing, our "recovery" breakfast might have involved some hair of the dog!

I thought of you guys when I saw they were getting rid of them. I'd much rather leave my kid there than with the babysitter or whatever they call them.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Food & Wine, and about 8 times more drinks than I would have! :rotfl:
We loved the kids clubs so I was shocked to hear they were getting rid of them. The were never packed but there were usually 15-20 kids when Casey was there. We'd definitely never do the babysitter thing. Why would I want my kid to be holed up in a hotel room all night instead of out, having fun, and socializing with other kids. Guess no more adult night for us.

Hi Kari! All that food and wine (beer too) looked amazing! I need to get me back to the Food and Wine Festiva:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1l sooooooooon! Its been quite a few years...
It was most definitely amazing. We've decided to go back in August and I'm hopeful F&W stars even earlier this year so we can try it!

Now that they are getting rid of the kids' clubs, I'll make you a deal. I'd be happy to join your little outings at Disney and party with Casey while you and the hubs have some alone time. I mean, I'm sure that Casey would end up babysitting me but I doubt we would end up in Disney jail EVERY time. So, I'll let you think about it but the offer is always open.
You've got a deal!!!!! I'm sure Disney jail could benefit from having Casey in the house. So mark your calendar, August 18th the next trip commences :P

Love following your food and beverage adventures! I'm usually a lurker... but not the creepy kind.
And JDub peach/mango wheat ale is delish- its perfect for a sweltering day boating and beaching. I'm usually a Stella girl, but I like to change it up with fun finds from the F&W festival (and it's my goal to try as many beers from TotalWine as humanly possible). Hahaha!
The handwich is totally Hamburger Helper- I said the same thing and it's best consumed under drunken conditions.
Welcome non-creepy lurker :P Seriously though, glad to see you comment. I obviously love talking Disney food and drink.

I think you and I are on the same Total Wine challenge though for me its the wine and not the beer. :P Poor Jason loves beer but he just gets whatever the grocery store has on sale, while I indulge all of my wine cravings at Total Wine.

Well clearly you four had absolutely NO fun. What a shame. :rotfl2: I especially appreciated the tipsy/blurry pictures - a true testament to the evening... I approve! :thumbsup2
Nope. No fun at all. And speaking of no fun, we have another dinner together where more tipsy and blurry-ness may have ensued :-)

When Cathy and I were there last week and walked by the Japan pavilion, I looked at the steps we sat on and remembered those dumplings fondly :D
They will forever be the dumpling steps :-) I expect a photo next month

You have to move when you read these words :dancer:
Not enough alcohol in me to move, but some definite singing going on....

Motown philly back again, doin' a little East Coast something. I don't really know the words. Not too hard Not too soft

Do you remember Steve actually liked that??? He's gross.
I do not remember that, but if he did than yes he is gross

I was so embarrassed when he asked that CM if he worked in sanitation! I mean, yes he was Italian and from the Bronx, but so is Steve :sad2: I'm glad Jason enjoyed the NY attitude!
Jason loved Steve!!! Between their crazy wives, working in the restaurant industry, and sanitation, he was hooked!

And a wonderful idea it was :thumbsup2 What was that server's name? He was a peach.
He was a peach, but no clue what his name was.

I'm SO hungry after reading the latest update! Moreso, I think I need a margarita... unfortunately it's 6:10am right now and I need to adult today... so coffee will have to do :cutie:
Just put a little tequila in the coffee and you'll have a cofferita. It's never too early :drinking1

This drink has now made it on my Disney Planning spreadsheet :goodvibes
Hope you enjoy. It's awesome!

Why are those cups so small!?! That is a crime!
I have no idea but it is definitely ridiculous. By the end of our week Jason refused any more thimbles and insisted on drinking adult sized beers!

I would probably love that! I love sour.
I generally love sour too, but this was just way too sweet and sour for me.

That IS a good friend, knowing what is coming and still just letting it happen. Ha!
Steve is oh so kind to me :P

I feel like the closing of the kids clubs is just a reason why we need to be in Disney at the same time, Morgan will be 10, she can TOTALLY watch Casey and Gwen. What could go wrong?!
Absolutely nothing can go wrong. That is perfect. Morgan is double digits and clearly that is responsible enough. Mark your calendar, August 18th, Morgan has her first baby sitting job :-)

Ha! You two really put all other dis-meets to shame!
Ah thanks, we certainly do have a fun time together :-)

Loving your reviews, especially brunch at the top.

We’ll be at Disney for my birthday this year, which just so happens to fall on a Sunday. Hmm. My son will be 6 then and is well behaved at restaurants, but I’ll also have a 15 month old. Somehow this does not feel like the ideal venue to bring her to. Darn.

Definitely adding tiffins to my list.

I'm baaaaaack! Hopefully I can catch up tonight.

he took this race easy and stopped to enjoy some of the characters.
Awesome characters!

She ended up doing this just about every day and proclaiming she loved pole dancing. We got more than a few looks from other parents. #SoProud
:rotfl2:

On the way in I had to finally break it to her that her beloved Great Movie ride was no more.
:sad:

hung out with a couple of mice....
dscf4405-jpg.289166
dscf4401-jpg.289168
Great photos!

We also subbed in onion rings for french fries. YUM!
img_4354-jpg.289172
OMG...these look so good. I am so hungry!

Overall, we really enjoyed SciFi.
I used to eat here a lot when I was younger going with my parents. But its been a long time. I *think* I'd like to try it again, but we've done H&V the last two years and will probably stick with it for awhile b/c we can do the PPO BF to get the boys in and signed up for Jedi Training without any wait. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't do dinner or lunch as well, so maybe we will check it out again soon.

did our first pressed pennies on the way out.
My boys LOVE this!

I got this for Casey before the trip and it was a huge hit. It even kept my little shopaholic out of a few stores.
img_4367-jpg.289175
We have like 3 of those coin wallets. I see more in our future!

We eventually made it back to the room and found out what Jason really meant when he said "nap"
img_4375-jpg.291410
Okay, so I must be slow on the uptake, but what exactly is he doing?

And not wanting to be left out, Casey had some lemonade.
img_4393-jpg.291414
Love the glamour!

Soon the whole reason we go to Sanaa, love Sanaa, and crave it eternally arrived: Bread Service!
Yummy! Not the same but I do plan to have some Brie and French Bread before I go to bed tonight....

Never fear, Casey and I drowned our sorrows in the cake pop and carrot cake cookie we picked up earlier at MGM.
img_4403-jpg.291424
I love the sass!

She also through in a turnover (which I believe was guava), fruit
Sounds yummy! I love the tropical fruits like guava, mango, papaya....

deviled egg for good measure.
Crazy story...I have the pickiest eater known to man (this would be my 6 yr old AJ). This kid won't eat pizza, or french fries, or most chicken nuggets. He takes peanut butter to go almost every day to school. But one of his favorite foods ever is deviled eggs! My mom makes them for him and he will eat them whenever he can! He also likes chicken salad...which seems weird to me too, only because of his pickiness.

she offered to pay for mine and Jason's meals :scared1: They explained they were leaving the next day and had several dining credits left and wanted to use them on us. To say I was flabbergasted was an understatement (to say I turned 50 shades of red is a more accurate depiction). Here we were at the meal we knew was our massive splurge of the trip and someone was offering to pay. We couldn't believe it.
Wow! How incredibly sweet!

we profusely thanked Emma and Nicki. This was pixie dust like I'd never experienced and the highlight of our trip. They are apparently only lurkers on here and wouldn't tell me their user name nor let me take a picture, so you'll have to take my word for it that it happened. I'm hoping this post will at least convince them to say a quick hello so I can again thank them for making our trip!
I'm so behind but did Emma and Nicki ever come out of lurkdom?

And I almost forgot the view we had the entire time.
img_4413-jpg.292988
Beautiful! I have eaten here once I think, for dinner. I would love to go back.

I hated the Avatar movie (its unaffectionately known as Dances with Wolves with aliens in our house)
:rotfl2:

On this trip we got to do the Navi River ride
We missed doing this because my guys vetoed our second night in AK.

This was a Triple Yeti Blast (A Layer of Mango, Lime, and Strawberry Margaritas) from Warung Outpost.
I need this in my life.

Here is our after effect.
img_0107-jpg.294754
Reminds me of us, a few times in June.

We ended up hopping in line to meet Goofy and Pluto to escape the rain and a drenched Casey put on her best dry girl face.
img_0111-jpg.294755
How did I not know of this meet and greet?

We eventually made our way back into Pandora, which was even more amazing at night.
Again, missed bc of the veto.

As everyone who has ridden it knows, Flight of Passage defies even the skeptics and is the best ride I've ever ridden. Soarin on steroids is how we summed it up.
Okay, so my husband says it is the best ride anywhere. I did not try it because I have problems with simulators. However, I love Soarin and am pretty much fine on it. So this is a must do in the future for me. I'll just drop some non-drowsy Dramamine or Bonine and make use of some Sea Bands I already bought for this purpose.

Unfortunately we had a 40 minute wait for a bus,
Ungodly. Though not unprecedented. This kind of nonsense was why we decided to drive to all the parks other than MK.

Loving your reviews, especially brunch at the top.

We’ll be at Disney for my birthday this year, which just so happens to fall on a Sunday. Hmm. My son will be 6 then and is well behaved at restaurants, but I’ll also have a 15 month old. Somehow this does not feel like the ideal venue to bring her to. Darn.

Definitely adding tiffins to my list.
Thanks so much.

Happy early Birthday! Brunch at the top sounds like the perfect place to celebrate to me, kids or not. It is a long meal, so just come prepared with something to keep the kiddos entertained and you'll be just fine. Hope you enjoy!

I'm baaaaaack! Hopefully I can catch up tonight.
Welcome back stranger!

I used to eat here a lot when I was younger going with my parents. But its been a long time. I *think* I'd like to try it again, but we've done H&V the last two years and will probably stick with it for awhile b/c we can do the PPO BF to get the boys in and signed up for Jedi Training without any wait. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't do dinner or lunch as well, so maybe we will check it out again soon.
We've only done Jedi training with Casey once but didn't have any issues, just got there a few minutes before opening and the wait wasn't too long.

You should definitely try SciFi at some point, I'm sure the boys would love it! Especially the milk shakes!

We have like 3 of those coin wallets. I see more in our future!
I don't think she even got hers half way filled so it will have another trip in it. I don't know what took us so long to get on this train, but it definitely made for "cheap" souvenirs.

Okay, so I must be slow on the uptake, but what exactly is he doing?
He's steering our bed/ship of course. What else would he be doing :P

Crazy story...I have the pickiest eater known to man (this would be my 6 yr old AJ). This kid won't eat pizza, or french fries, or most chicken nuggets. He takes peanut butter to go almost every day to school. But one of his favorite foods ever is deviled eggs! My mom makes them for him and he will eat them whenever he can! He also likes chicken salad...which seems weird to me too, only because of his pickiness.
That is crazy. I can see liking one of the things he won't eat, but deviled eggs :confused3 Sounds like he must have a love of mayo

I'm so behind but did Emma and Nicki ever come out of lurkdom?
They did!!!!

How did I not know of this meet and greet?
We'd never done it before because the line is always long, but its directly across from the triceratops spin thing. I'm not sure if they are both always here, but at least one is.

Okay, so my husband says it is the best ride anywhere. I did not try it because I have problems with simulators. However, I love Soarin and am pretty much fine on it. So this is a must do in the future for me. I'll just drop some non-drowsy Dramamine or Bonine and make use of some Sea Bands I already bought for this purpose.
You should definitely try it. Soarin' bothers me a bit too so I just close my eyes when it does. I had to do the same thing on FOP a few times, but it was so worth it.

Love love love the food and wine review. I can't wait for it this year. I heard about the kids clubs closing, that is too bad as I will never to put in Alexander in one.

Hair of the Plastic Dog

After our late night, Casey slept until 9:30 so we had some leftover carrot cake cookie and coffee while we waited for her to get up. We eventually made it out the door, but had a 35 minute wait for a bus! Where were we headed......Back to last nights scene of the crime for a little Hair of the Dog of course.

Between Casey sleeping and the long wait for the bus we'd already missed our Mission Space FP and were cutting it close to make our Soarin' FP so I sent Jason and Casey ahead through the no bag line, while I waited behind someone who had a cooler full of loose ice that had to be removed before it could be checked o_O I eventually made it in though and with only 3 minutes to spare in our 15 minute grace period I enjoyed a solo trip with Puddy.

From there we used a FP for The Land, which thankfully we had because the wait was 55 minutes!!!!
IMG_4485.jpg
Looking no worse for the wear after our long night, we were able to snag a 4th FP for Figment and then a 5th FP for Test Track for later in the day, so despite a rough start the FP gods were looking out for us.

At this point we were all getting hangry and Casey had her sights planted firmly on this guy.
IMG_4487.jpg
It was November and Christmas of course, so Pluto was the official 2017 Popcorn holder. You could refill this for like a $1 in any of the parks, but no chance we ever remembered to take it with us.

For us grown-ups we had more Food and Wine to conquer. First up we have the Cheese Studio.
.IMG_4492.jpg
Here we tried the Savory Caramelized Onion Tart and a glass of Gruner Veltliner.
IMG_4488.jpg
The tart ended up being my favorite item of the festival. First, the potion size was huge so it was a great value, but the crust was exceptionally flaky and the cheese creamy with just a slight onion flavor. The richness of the tart was cut through nicely by the arugula and balsamic, making this pretty dang close to perfect. The wine was also very good and had a nice mineral quality to it, I just hated that for $5 there was barely anything to it.

Next up we headed to Island of
the Caribbean where we enjoyed some Jamaica mon with a beef patty and some Carib lager.
IMG_4496.jpg
IMG_4493.jpg IMG_4495.jpg
The beef patty was a little dry and needed more mango salsa, but overall had a nice jerk flavor . The Carib was refreshing on a hot day, but I'm pretty sure I paid $4 for a whole 6 pack of it in the Bahamas instead of just the thimble.

From the Islands it was surprisingly a quick trip to get to the Pacific where we hit up Hawaii for a Kalua Pork Slider, some Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash, and a Maui Brewing Company Blonde Lager.
IMG_0125.jpg
The slider was my favorite item on our last trip to F&W all the way back in 2014, but it didn't quite live up to that again. The meat was good and had great flavor, but there was just way too much bun. I much preferred the spam hash, which was full of spicy peppers and offset nicely with the creamy mayo. The beer was also pretty good, but a bit too hoppy for me.

From there we caught a wave back to the mainland and the Farm Fresh booth. Here we tried the Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy.
IMG_4500.jpg
Not the most appetizing picture, but the chicken was surprisingly crispy and the cornbread had a great texture and flavor. Both were a bit dry though and we could have used more gravy to tie it all together.

We eventually journeyed further around the world and Jason picked up another Blonde Lager for the long haul. He was kind enough to model for me as he had picked up a few treasures along the way.

IMG_4505.jpg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
Hair of the Plastic Dog Continued

Bellies relatively full we wandered back to Japan where Casey got to try something for the first time: Pick a Pearl!

We had a bit of a wait so we amused ourselves in Mitsokoshi and found these gems.
IMG_0127.jpg
IMG_0126.jpg

Cat, I have no idea why you are suhsi but I want ten of you! Though I still have no idea why I didn't buy you. Love this crazy store.

Eventually it was time for Casey's pearl and she was thrilled.
IMG_4501.jpg IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg IMG_4504.jpg
She LOVED doing this and thanks to yet another great tip from Su-Lynn aka @chunkymonkey I had picked up the perfect cinderella's carriage pendant to put it in on Amazon for next to nothing. Child and parent happy!

We eventually made our way back to the front of the world showcase where we had some sweets on our mind. First we hit up the Almond Orchard booth for some Banana Almond Soft Serve Sundae.
IMG_4506.jpgIMG_4508.jpg
I don't think I would have ever sought out almond "ice cream" but this was surprisingly good. It was a bit icier than ice cream, but the berries and banana flavor paired really well together. And dare I say this may have been some semblance of healthy.

We then paid a stop to the Chocolate Studio where we tried the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle.
IMG_4509.jpg
This was definitely a "cool" piece and it was fun to watch them make it. It was a bit hard to eat, but it was fun who it went from frozen to fudge like inside your mouth. Definitely worth checking out!

Test Track ended up being down again, for the 2nd time this trip during our FP window, so we Soared around the world instead. Thirty after our adventures, Casey made a pit stop in Club Cool and we ventured into the Light Lab where we had our favorite beer of the festival, the Watermelon Gose. We even brought along our own model.
IMG_4512.jpg
Pluto fits in well with our Tipsy family!

Up next, its another tipsy note adventure....

Love love love the food and wine review. I can't wait for it this year. I heard about the kids clubs closing, that is too bad as I will never to put in Alexander in one.

Thanks Lori! We are going in late August, so I'm hopeful it starts early again so we can try the 2018 version for food and wine!

Once he got older, I'm sure Alexander would have loved the kids clubs. Major disappointed for us!

I'm kicking myself that I didn't get that onion tart! I was always not hungry enough when we got to that booth but I'm wishing I would have done it!

Cat Sushi! That is so cute!

Hopefully they have the Watermelon Gose next year! Shaun has really gotten into Gose since he started his new job. F&W Festival is going to be so different this year since he likes so much more stuff now!

Awesome FP+ luck once in the park! 55 minutes for Living with the Land is absurd!

All your F&W pics are bringing back great memories of the Festival!

We then paid a stop to the Chocolate Studio where we tried the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle.

Love this. Being bad food girl that I am, I always have my dessert before my lunch at F&W. Well worth a 'bad but I'm on vacation' first stop at Festival opening.

From there we used a FP for The Land, which thankfully we had because the wait was 55 minutes!!!!

Yep. One of the Dark Sides of FP+. Fun, quirky little bijou (my fancy pants word of the day) rides, that were never meant to be tiered headliners, now buried alive because guests have to pick something/anything. Sad.

Pluto fits in well with our Tipsy family!

You've found your mascot! Every family needs a tipsy Pluto ::yes::

Oh, how I love F&W! It’s a bit odd they haven’t announced the dates yet for this year. I wonder if that means changes are afoot. I thought I’d done a pretty good job of sampling but once again you tried several things that I am disappointed I didn’t try. I need to study better this year, LOL. And start saving. I totally agree with you on the pours. I certainly wouldn’t expect full glasses for a variety of reasons but for $5+, I think more than 2-3 sips would be nice. Pluto is so cute. I’m always tempted by the popcorn buckets but don’t know what I’d do with them at home - I need to think of a practical way to repurpose. Casey looks so pleased with her pick-a-pearl! I love how they redesigned the area with the screen so you can see the action. The Cinderella cage is perfection!

Absolutely nothing can go wrong. That is perfect. Morgan is double digits and clearly that is responsible enough. Mark your calendar, August 18th, Morgan has her first baby sitting job :-)
I wish I could convince Andy to go in August but sadly after our September trip. I am pretty sure he has sworn off the summer as a travel time. Right now I am playing my mums the word on the next vacation. Trying to wait Andy out. Make him be the first to mention it... kind of make it feel like it's HIS idea...

I still can't image that having that long of a wait!

It was November and Christmas of course, so Pluto was the official 2017 Popcorn holder. You could refill this for like a $1 in any of the parks, but no chance we ever remembered to take it with us.
Pluto is super cute! But I know we would never remember to bring our bucket with us each day, pluto or regular.

img_4504-jpg.303042

She LOVED doing this and thanks to yet another great tip from Su-Lynn aka @chunkymonkey I had picked up the perfect cinderella's carriage pendant to put it in on Amazon for next to nothing. Child and parent happy!
I love this idea! I am going to try and remember to do this as a Tinkerbell gift next time! Do you remember how much the pic a pearl is?

img_4508-jpg.303044

I don't think I would have ever sought out almond "ice cream" but this was surprisingly good. It was a bit icier than ice cream, but the berries and banana flavor paired really well together. And dare I say this may have been some semblance of healthy.
That actually kind of sounds good. At least it is something different. Not many places can you get Almond Ice Cream.

our favorite beer of the festival, the Watermelon Gose. We even brought along our own model.
img_4512-jpg.303046
Ha! He does look like he is modeling your drinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter