Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Yes November 11 :) I actually squeezed it into my weekend trip in June since I didn't want to wait that long to try the amazing food again.
Awesome. That is gonna be here before you know it!

We fly in Aug. 15 and out Aug. 27. For some reason I have it in my head that we might be there the same time??
For some reason your head may be right :-) We come in the 18th and leave the 26th. We'll definitely need to try and meet up.

Random post for anyone who uses/used Photobucket.

I stopped using it for my pictures for this last trip since they stopped third party hosting. I had a $20 paid account, that was paid through this month, but I didn't want to risk losing another set of photos. Well today I got notification that my account had automatically renewed for my $20 account and it appears to have kept my old plan (20GB of storage and 3rd party hosting) even though it doesn't exist anyone. Before I go back to using it I'm trying a random photo here in a prelude to our last day, but all of my old pictures look like they are still there. Anyone else have something like this happen or have any insight?

Hi Kari! Just stopping in with some exciting news!

I'm happy to report after a very long 4 year break (for many reasons) that my family will be staying at All Star Music from August 17-27, 2018.
I was never sure if this trip would ever happen, and it will be a little different than my other trips. I've never been to either of the All Stars. I have nothing against them, and they seem nice enough. But we settled into being a "moderate" family. The deluxe resorts look beautiful and I'm sure they are. But without being DVC, they are a bit hard on my wallet. The moderates gave us two sinks, queen beds, which for a family of four (three ladies), it was nice. Looking at another trip, I knew I had to take a different financial approach. I'm not where I was four years ago. This trip there will be no Universal, no shopping spree, fewer days overall. When the free dining came out, I started thinking about it. I nearly missed it all, the rooms are so limited for free dining. By the time I got the vacation days approved and looked at prices, the only thing left in free dining was preferred rooms at ASMu. But I'm sure it will be great.

It looks like my countdown ticker is very similar to your countdown ticker. Hmmm.....:)

Hi Kari! Just stopping in with some exciting news!

I'm happy to report after a very long 4 year break (for many reasons) that my family will be staying at All Star Music from August 17-27, 2018.
I was never sure if this trip would ever happen, and it will be a little different than my other trips. I've never been to either of the All Stars. I have nothing against them, and they seem nice enough. But we settled into being a "moderate" family. The deluxe resorts look beautiful and I'm sure they are. But without being DVC, they are a bit hard on my wallet. The moderates gave us two sinks, queen beds, which for a family of four (three ladies), it was nice. Looking at another trip, I knew I had to take a different financial approach. I'm not where I was four years ago. This trip there will be no Universal, no shopping spree, fewer days overall. When the free dining came out, I started thinking about it. I nearly missed it all, the rooms are so limited for free dining. By the time I got the vacation days approved and looked at prices, the only thing left in free dining was preferred rooms at ASMu. But I'm sure it will be great.

It looks like my countdown ticker is very similar to your countdown ticker. Hmmm.....:)
Hi Jeff!!!!! Awesome news for you and your family. We've never done the All Stars either, but have done PoP a few times and definitely enjoyed it (especially my wallet). Its' definitely about being in Disney, not where you are staying. We're lucky that we qualify for military rates and discounts, which is the only way we can even think about doing a deluxe resort.

Our dates pretty much are the same :-) Our friends are coming down from Savannah to meet us for the first few days and we're staying at Boardwalk, then we're transferring over to Beach Club for the rest of the week.

Tipsy to the Bitter End

On our last day :sad: we finished packing up, gave a final aaarrrgh to our pirate room, and then caught an internal bus at Caribbean Beach to get us up to custom house. Bag drop was uneventful, but it was a bit of a pain to have to get back on another internal bus to get to a bus stop to actually get a bus.

Unfortunately the pain didn't stop there as we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom. Finally it came and we had the chattiest driver we've ever experienced. She proclaimed herself the rescue bus and then proceeded to talk over the loudspeaker at length about Hurricane Irma and how she worked for 3 straight days "rescuing" people. Well she was so into her story, she made a wrong turn and had us en route to a Kingdom, just a magical one instead of the animalistic variety. Apparently everyone else was so enthralled with her story no one but me noticed. Once there was finally a break in her endless chatter I yelled you're going the wrong way and she finally realized it. We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:

Once in the right Kingdom we braved the wilds of the Safari,

saw some giraffes neck deep in a make-out sesh,

learned it was indeed tough to be a bug, before getting our avatar on.

Around this time it looked like the skies were going to open up at any minute and we were getting hangry. We were going to try Satuli Canteen, but the lines were really long so we decided to chance it and head towards one of our favorites, Yak n Yeti.

Unfortunately we weren't the only ones with this idea and the lobby was packed. I eventually made it up to the check in desk, but couldn't find my Landrys card. I thought Jason had it but he didn't either. Thankfully they were able to look it up and the 90 minute wait became just 10 for us. Thank you Landry's! Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3

Once seated it of course wasn't long before we had some adult beverages in front of us.

That's a Kirin Ichiban for me and a Safari Amber for J. Couldn't skip out on some last day tipsiness.

We also started with our perennial favorites, the Pork Egg Rolls with a chili plum dipping sauce

For anyone who hasn't had these before they are egg roll perfection. Hot, crispy, and the pork filling is divine.

For our entree's Casey wasn't feeling my choice so she went with the kids mini corn dogs with fried rice.

She does eat like an actual child every once in a while :-)

Jason went with an item off of their specials menu, the Sriracha Fish Tacos
7d661ae1-232c-414b-9120-eb62de0f38ee.jpg
[/URL]
These were fabulous. The fish was fried perfectly and the sriracha sauce had some great heat. His only complaint was there wasn't enough moisture, but our very good waiter brought him some more sauce.

I couldn't break with tradition and went with one of my favorite items on property, the Ahi Tuna Nachos

This is Sushi grade Ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze and it is simply ahi-mazing! The wontons are fried to a perfection, the tuna is fresh and plentiful, and it all pairs wonderfully with the spicy and sweet sauces. What I wouldn't give to have some right now. I would love to try something else on their menu at some point, but I can never bear the thought of not having these beauties.

Once again we didn't leave room for the cream cheese wontons, but we were satisfied nonetheless. Yak n Yeti is a must do for us every trip and we thankfully never leave disappointed.

After lunch we conquered the Yeti and Casey took her first ever spin on a Primeval Whirl.

I sat this out cause we most certainly didn't need a different kind of whirl.

After that it was time to head out so we could be responsible adults and get the bus back to Caribbean Beach so we could head to the airport. Of course that is what we should have done. But this is a tipsy dining report, so ya know instead we elected to do this.

We couldn't bear to leave without a last trip to our favorite Nomad Lounge for our last bit of Disney tipsiness.

I got my favorite Annapurna Zing with Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. This is unquestionably my favorite drink on property. Slightly sweet, nice and ginny, and a splash of ginger all put me in a very good place. I was sad to see the price went up $4 because they added a silly light up flower. Hopeful you can get it cheaper without.

Jason also went with his favorite, the Tempting Tigress with Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice.

Sorry ladies, he is taken. This one had also gone up a few dollars in price.

Casey went with the kiddo version of tipsy, SUGAR.

These are the churros with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauce. She let us take a bite and they were really good. There were more cinnamonny than a typical churro and the strawberry sauce had a nice, unexpected spicy kick to it.

While we could have sat there for hours, we did have a plane to catch so we eventually ubered back to our pirates lair to catch the bus to the airport. We were of course not happy to be leaving, but we were pleased with our tipsy pirate adventures.

Up next, I'll wrap this up. Until then, Yo Ho!

That Landry’s card is worth its weight in gold!! Such a nice way to make a decision spur of the moment at AK.

I had those fish tacos from the special menu and I really enjoyed them as well

Looks like a wonderful tipsy trip was had by all!

Enjoyed your report as always!

The 2 hour bus journey is gross. I hate that! We had some bad bus luck this past trip too but I like drinking too much to drive myself and MK sucks to drive to.

Glad you got your awesome nachos from Yak and Yeti! Those do look tasty! Love how you had to get a last minute drink before your flight home! Seems like a good food day to finish your trip!

learned it was indeed tough to be a bug, before getting our avatar on.
What did you think of Flight of Passage? I'm looking forward to seeing Pandora. I will be all new to me!

These are the churros with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauce. She let us take a bite and they were really good. There were more cinnamonny than a typical churro and the strawberry sauce had a nice, unexpected spicy kick to it.
I know some people who would like those. Definitely have to keep Nomad Lounge in mind, maybe I can bribe my ladies into going there with the churros while I have one of those awesome cocktails.

You have just helped further convince me to get a Landry's card for Yak & Yeti. We do not have any local restaurants that are Landry's, but it seems worth it for Disney alone.

We are planning to try both Yak n Yeti and Nomad Lounge on our anniversary trip. Both cocktails are now on my list.

when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:
Yikes! 2 hours resort to park is ridiculous!

Around this time it looked like the skies were going to open up at any minute and we were getting hangry. We were going to try Satuli Canteen, but the lines were really long so we decided to chance it and head towards one of our favorites, Yak n Yeti.
Mmmmm, Yak and Yeti!

Jason went with an item off of their specials menu, the Sriracha Fish Tacos
Those look fantastic!

This is Sushi grade Ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze and it is simply ahi-mazing! The wontons are fried to a perfection, the tuna is fresh and plentiful, and it all pairs wonderfully with the spicy and sweet sauces. What I wouldn't give to have some right now. I would love to try something else on their menu at some point, but I can never bear the thought of not having these beauties.
I wished I liked tuna because they look amazing. My niece might enjoy them though.

Once again we didn't leave room for the cream cheese wontons, but we were satisfied nonetheless. Yak n Yeti is a must do for us every trip and we thankfully never leave disappointed.
It is always a great meal! I am so looking forward to eating there again this summer.

We couldn't bear to leave without a last trip to our favorite Nomad Lounge for our last bit of Disney tipsiness.
Nothing like Nomad Lounge!

I got my favorite Annapurna Zing with Bombay Sapphire East Gin, Passion Fruit Purée, Mint, Simple Syrup, and Lime Juice topped with Ginger Beer. This is unquestionably my favorite drink on property. Slightly sweet, nice and ginny, and a splash of ginger all put me in a very good place. I was sad to see the price went up $4 because they added a silly light up flower. Hopeful you can get it cheaper without.
I really enjoyed the Annapurna Zing when i tried it last summer(thanks to your recommendation) but $13 does seem a bit excessive. Especially for us poor Canadians whose dollar is worth 0.78 to every US dollar. It makes Disney prices even more Disneyish.

Those look great! We will definitely have to try these too!

We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room
:scared1: And on your last day, no less?! :sad2:

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA.
Whoops! :laughing:

She does eat like an actual child every once in a while
I was actually going to ask if you accidentally took a picture of another child's meal :laughing:

it is simply ahi-mazing!
:rotfl:

I hear that.

Ooooh, I kinda love that glass - very rocky :laughing:

Thanks so much for sharing another amazingly tipsy adventure with us. Looking forward to the wrap-up. :thumbsup2 One of my fave parts will continue to be "Ya Hot Club." Gonna look for that next week ;)

Well she was so into her story, she made a wrong turn and had us en route to a Kingdom, just a magical one instead of the animalistic variety. Apparently everyone else was so enthralled with her story no one but me noticed.

Thank goodness one of you was paying attention! Do I see some bus driving in your future, perhaps?
we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:

Yikes! That's awful…what a waste of precious time!

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3

:rotfl2: I SO wish you'd have found it while standing at the reception desk!

After lunch we conquered the Yeti and Casey took her first ever spin on a Primeval Whirl.

Smart :thumbsup2 I went on that once and will never go again :sick:

Jason also went with his favorite, the Tempting Tigress with Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice.

Sorry ladies, he is taken.

Tipsy to the Bitter End
I wouldn't expect anything less!

but it was a bit of a pain to have to get back on another internal bus to get to a bus stop to actually get a bus.
Sounds like it.

Unfortunately the pain didn't stop there as we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom.
Geez!

Well she was so into her story, she made a wrong turn and had us en route to a Kingdom, just a magical one instead of the animalistic variety.
Wow!

I yelled you're going the wrong way
Good for you!!

when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:
Oh my!

:rotfl2:

Thankfully they were able to look it up and the 90 minute wait became just 10 for us. Thank you Landry's!
This is awesome and I know I need to get one of these but I haven't yet.

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3

This is Sushi grade Ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze and it is simply ahi-mazing! The wontons are fried to a perfection, the tuna is fresh and plentiful, and it all pairs wonderfully with the spicy and sweet sauces.
This really looks and sounds good. Maybe I need to give Yak & Yeti another try.

I call it Primeval Hurl for a reason. No thank you!

I need to make a point to stop here soon!

"Tipsy Until the Bitter End" :rotfl: I LOVE it and would do the same. Ugh on the worst bus ride ever. That would have annoyed me to no end. It's hysterical that you had to point it out to her that you were going the wrong way. Was she going to pull up to the MK, open the doors and let everyone out? Thank goodness for those poor unsuspecting tourists that you were aboard!

Looks like a fun day at AK. It's really become my favorite place (next to World Showcase, of course). Yak and Yeti looks delicious and the Landry's card is definitely a life saver. Those nachos are totally on my list for a future trip. Ah, Nomad Lounge. I could easily camp out there for a day. I wonder if they'd think it odd if I showed up with a book and just parked myself there for a while with a steady stream of drinks and snacks.

Boo to magical express. It's just the worst feeling to be leaving. I've gotten teary on many a bus trip to the airport. But happily, you'll be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!