Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Once there was finally a break in her endless chatter I yelled you're going the wrong way and she finally realized it.
Oye! I would have been really annoyed. We had a driver once loop from Fort Wilderness, pick us up a Wilderness Lodge then go BACK to Fort Wilderness. The people next to us had gotten on at Fort Wilderness and said the guy was lost. And sure enough the guy eventually stopped the bus got out and looked to see what his bus said he should be going to. Oye!

saw some giraffes neck deep in a make-out sesh,
Ha! Is that how giraffes make out? :confused3

She does eat like an actual child every once in a while :-)
Glad to see she eats like a kid sometimes... It seems like a strange combination...

I couldn't break with tradition and went with one of my favorite items on property, the Ahi Tuna Nachos
I feel like if I had gotten this when we went, I would have been WAY more happy with our visit to Yak & Yeti.

It does look pretty with the lotus flower in it...

097cc87b-6c54-4a43-9e0a-f6462d9074d2.jpg
Always so sad....At least you have a trip planned and sooner than later at this point!

Great way to end your trip!!!! We have Yak and Yeti ressies in October. It's become a fav of ours at AK. It's always consistently good!!!! I still need to try Nomad's Lounge, but then again, I still haven't made it to Pandora...

We loved Yak & Yeti for the first time recently, I will give all the details in my report of course. Your reports were among our inspirations to give it a try!

You won’t believe that we didn’t make it to Nomad Lounge at all this trip. :blush: I wanted to try your favorite drink, I will put it on my list for next trip. Now I know how to get a replacement lotus flower for Asher though. He left his on and the battery died.

Casey went with the kiddo version of tipsy, SUGAR.

These are the churros with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauce. She let us take a bite and they were really good. There were more cinnamonny than a typical churro and the strawberry sauce had a nice, unexpected spicy kick to it.

We just had these and they were so good!

What did you think of Flight of Passage? I'm looking forward to seeing Pandora. I will be all new to me!
We loved it. Definitely the most advanced ride we've ever been on. I hated Avatar so I panned Pandora since they announced it, but I gotta admit they did a tremendous job.

I know some people who would like those. Definitely have to keep Nomad Lounge in mind, maybe I can bribe my ladies into going there with the churros while I have one of those awesome cocktails.
You should definitely plan on stopping by. Especially in August its a great place to escape the eat. They have great small plates to share and even have some fun non-alcoholic options for the under 21 set

You have just helped further convince me to get a Landry's card for Yak & Yeti. We do not have any local restaurants that are Landry's, but it seems worth it for Disney alone.
We don't have any local ones either but it makes it worth it just for Disney. Its only $25 to join and you get that $25 back in a gift card right away then get another $25 every year on your birthday.

We are planning to try both Yak n Yeti and Nomad Lounge on our anniversary trip. Both cocktails are now on my list.
You can't go wrong with either. Nomads definitely has my heart, but those tuna nachos leave my stomach wanting every time.

2 hours to get to a park from leaving your hotel room??!! NO. Just. No. Craziness!!!
It was insanely frustrating !

Yikes! 2 hours resort to park is ridiculous!
Not just ridiculous, beyond ridiculous

I wished I liked tuna because they look amazing. My niece might enjoy them though.
They are definitely not for someone who doesn't like tuna, but also be careful for your niece because they are definitely spicy from the wasabi

I really enjoyed the Annapurna Zing when i tried it last summer(thanks to your recommendation) but $13 does seem a bit excessive. Especially for us poor Canadians whose dollar is worth 0.78 to every US dollar. It makes Disney prices even more Disneyish.
I was shocked how much the raised their prices and that is just based on plain old american money. I always said they were a great deal, well clearly Disney heard me and over compensated for it.

:scared1: And on your last day, no less?! :sad2:
:scared1: Indeed!!!

I was actually going to ask if you accidentally took a picture of another child's meal :laughing:
She does channel her inner 7 year old on occasion. God help me she loves kraft mac n cheese, spaghettios, and of course PB&J, but for the most part she's just gotta roll with whatever we eat.

Thanks so much for sharing another amazingly tipsy adventure with us. Looking forward to the wrap-up. :thumbsup2 One of my fave parts will continue to be "Ya Hot Club." Gonna look for that next week ;)
Be sure to send me a photo from Ya Hot Club looking Ya Hot :-) One of my mothers day presents today was a yacht/beach club candle and I called it Ya Hot club when I opened it. Jason still has no idea what I was talking about :P

Thank goodness one of you was paying attention! Do I see some bus driving in your future, perhaps?
For the sake of WDW, no one would want that. I'm still not sure how I maneuver the boat that is my SUV around most days. But I do have an amazing sense of direction, I'm just much better in the back seat :-)

:rotfl2: I SO wish you'd have found it while standing at the reception desk!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Now that would have been good. Though I'm actually shocked I didn't find it there as my bra tends to be my go to place to store most things. :-)

This is awesome and I know I need to get one of these but I haven't yet.
We've had our Landry's card for a few years now and its definitely more than paid for itself. We only ever use it in Disney, but its still well worth it.

This really looks and sounds good. Maybe I need to give Yak & Yeti another try.
You most definitely should. I find their apps are what they do best, but we've had some good entrees too. And of course you can't beat the Cream Cheese wontons.

I call it Primeval Hurl for a reason. No thank you!
Great name!!! May I never find out :-)

"Tipsy Until the Bitter End" :rotfl: I LOVE it and would do the same.
Gotta make the most of vacation :drinking1

Ugh on the worst bus ride ever. That would have annoyed me to no end. It's hysterical that you had to point it out to her that you were going the wrong way. Was she going to pull up to the MK, open the doors and let everyone out? Thank goodness for those poor unsuspecting tourists that you were aboard!
She was honestly so into her story that I do think she just had Kingdom in her head and would have delivered us to MK none the wiser. I have no idea how no one else on the bus (which was packed to the brim BTW) seemed to notice.

Looks like a fun day at AK. It's really become my favorite place (next to World Showcase, of course).
AK is unquestionably my favorite park. I enjoy WS for obvious reasons, but the beauty, eclecticness and creativity to AK is really in a world of its own.

Ah, Nomad Lounge. I could easily camp out there for a day. I wonder if they'd think it odd if I showed up with a book and just parked myself there for a while with a steady stream of drinks and snacks.
Not as long as I was with you :-) It truly is the perfect place to just chill and be in the parks. You almost forget about the insanity that is right out the door.

Oye! I would have been really annoyed. We had a driver once loop from Fort Wilderness, pick us up a Wilderness Lodge then go BACK to Fort Wilderness. The people next to us had gotten on at Fort Wilderness and said the guy was lost. And sure enough the guy eventually stopped the bus got out and looked to see what his bus said he should be going to. Oye!
This was only the second really bad experience we had. Another time we were picked up at DS and going to POFQ. The driver went to POR first and did all those stops and then just started to head back to DS. I had to stop that guy too. We ended up turning around in Old Key West :-)

Glad to see she eats like a kid sometimes... It seems like a strange combination...
Yep, even when she eats like a kid she picks strange combos. That's my girl :P

I feel like if I had gotten this when we went, I would have been WAY more happy with our visit to Yak & Yeti.
We've found it best to stick to the apps and you won't be disappointed.

It does look pretty with the lotus flower in it...
Pretty, yes. $5 more pretty, no :P

Great way to end your trip!!!! We have Yak and Yeti ressies in October. It's become a fav of ours at AK. It's always consistently good!!!! I still need to try Nomad's Lounge, but then again, I still haven't made it to Pandora...
How have you not made it to Nomads as much as you've been done there? You and Joe would definitely love it. Chillin and drinkin in the middle of AK is a thing of beauty.

We loved Yak & Yeti for the first time recently, I will give all the details in my report of course. Your reports were among our inspirations to give it a try!
I can't wait to read all about it!

You won’t believe that we didn’t make it to Nomad Lounge at all this trip. :blush: I wanted to try your favorite drink, I will put it on my list for next trip. Now I know how to get a replacement lotus flower for Asher though. He left his on and the battery died.
I do not believe it and presuming you are telling the truth you must change that on your next trip. It is unquestionably my favorite place in AK and may be my favorite place in all of the world.

We just had these and they were so good!
Glad to know they weren't a one off. Are you still down there or are you home now????

Great dining reviews. You have such a great sense of humor, Kari!

We will be at Yak & Yeti soon. I got a bunch of Landry’s reward gift cards due to house repair emergencies. The egg rolls were never on my radar—till now. IDK if I ever noticed them on the menu, but I love a good classic egg roll. :)

I love that you ended your trip in style and stayed tipsy!
Brilliant last day minus the directionless driver :crazy2:
I'm more than a little sad to see the end of your report so hurry up and get back to the tipsiest place on the planet so you can write another one! PLEEEEEASE!!!!
Until you do I'll simply raise my glass of Bombay Sapphire and fevertree light to you and say Slainte (cheers).
Thanks for taking us along :)

I am going to Yak & Yeti on our next trip *just* for those ahi tuna nachos, so I'm glad to hear you love them so much. :)

How have you not made it to Nomads as much as you've been done there? You and Joe would definitely love it. Chillin and drinkin in the middle of AK is a thing of beauty.

We haven't even been to Pandora yet, BUT that will definitely happen during October's trip!!!! I'm all for some drinkin' in the middle of AK!!!!

What an amazing trip! I've been reading along, but mostly lurking and not commenting. I did want to say that I know you used to drop my spirit animal off at one of the child care places and have an "adult's night" on your trips but those places are no more. Well, I mentioned that when I was down at Disney for the Princess half while I was hanging with several of my former students who now work there, one of whom is a certified baby sitter. She would be happy to take Casey on an adventure when you are down there if you still want a date night. I know this is weird because - strangers on the internet and all - but she is a certified baby sitter with Seeking Sitters AND has a BFA in stage management so she is used to handling things as they come up AND she has an annual pass so she and Casey could play in the park or close to where you are dining. Anyway - I"m sure you will never do this but I wanted to throw it out there.

Great dining reviews. You have such a great sense of humor, Kari!

We will be at Yak & Yeti soon. I got a bunch of Landry’s reward gift cards due to house repair emergencies. The egg rolls were never on my radar—till now. IDK if I ever noticed them on the menu, but I love a good classic egg roll. :)
Thanks Janice. Hope you all enjoy Yak n Yeti, though it doesn't sound like you came about the gift cards the easy way. Definitely be sure to get the egg rolls. They are certainly simple, but perfectly executed.
ALL of us should meet together :grouphug: !!!!!!!!!
That would be awesome!

I love that you ended your trip in style and stayed tipsy!
Brilliant last day minus the directionless driver :crazy2:
I'm more than a little sad to see the end of your report so hurry up and get back to the tipsiest place on the planet so you can write another one! PLEEEEEASE!!!!
Until you do I'll simply raise my glass of Bombay Sapphire and fevertree light to you and say Slainte (cheers).
Thanks for taking us along :)
And I'm having wine as I type this, so at least I'm consistent :-) Ill be sure to get to Disney just as soon as I can. We have a trip planned for August and we're still 3 months out. So in the meantime you and I will have to just keep it craic from across the pond and slainte it up :P

I am going to Yak & Yeti on our next trip *just* for those ahi tuna nachos, so I'm glad to hear you love them so much. :)
That is "just" enough reason to go. I'm not sure I could even miss a trip to Yak n Yeti at this point because those nachos are so dang good.

We haven't even been to Pandora yet, BUT that will definitely happen during October's trip!!!! I'm all for some drinkin' in the middle of AK!!!!
It's about dang time :drinking1

What an amazing trip! I've been reading along, but mostly lurking and not commenting. I did want to say that I know you used to drop my spirit animal off at one of the child care places and have an "adult's night" on your trips but those places are no more. Well, I mentioned that when I was down at Disney for the Princess half while I was hanging with several of my former students who now work there, one of whom is a certified baby sitter. She would be happy to take Casey on an adventure when you are down there if you still want a date night. I know this is weird because - strangers on the internet and all - but she is a certified baby sitter with Seeking Sitters AND has a BFA in stage management so she is used to handling things as they come up AND she has an annual pass so she and Casey could play in the park or close to where you are dining. Anyway - I"m sure you will never do this but I wanted to throw it out there.
Thanks for coming out of the darkness to chime in :-) I love to hear from everyone. And wow, thanks so much for the very kind offer. Right now I'm hopeful they extend the Pixar childcare they have at the Contemporary because Casey loves going to those. Finger crossed, because I think she likes that more than we enjoy our adult evenings.

Aaaaaarrrrrr, Cap'n! Thank you for allowing me to set sail with you and your First Mate and your Chief Boatswain's Mate. We deck hands and rigging monkeys thoroughly enjoyed the rampaging fun. In fact, as we had to cancel our May trip due to illness with the Galley hand, we have plundered, toured and eaten vicariously through the Cap'n's cruise! So, we loved every minute of it. Thank you, Cap'n. Aaaaaarrrrrr!

Unfortunately the pain didn't stop there as we waited over 40 minutes for a bus to Animal Kingdom. Finally it came and we had the chattiest driver we've ever experienced. She proclaimed herself the rescue bus and then proceeded to talk over the loudspeaker at length about Hurricane Irma and how she worked for 3 straight days "rescuing" people. Well she was so into her story, she made a wrong turn and had us en route to a Kingdom, just a magical one instead of the animalistic variety. Apparently everyone else was so enthralled with her story no one but me noticed. Once there was finally a break in her endless chatter I yelled you're going the wrong way and she finally realized it. We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room. :scared1:

Oh. My. Gawd.

No.

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl: I would definitely do this, and then forget.

This is Sushi grade Ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, and sweet soy glaze and it is simply ahi-mazing! The wontons are fried to a perfection, the tuna is fresh and plentiful, and it all pairs wonderfully with the spicy and sweet sauces.

This sounds amazing!!! I need to get this in Nathan's repertoire on our next visit for sure.

I sat this out cause we most certainly didn't need a different kind of whirl.

Oh my gosh, really though. Uggh.

These are the churros with vanilla and strawberry dipping sauce. She let us take a bite and they were really good. There were more cinnamonny than a typical churro and the strawberry sauce had a nice, unexpected spicy kick to it.

Mmmmm! I love these, and they happen to also be gluten free. Much churro love. :lovestruc

ALL of us should meet together :grouphug: !!!!!!!!!
That would be awesome!

Yes, yes, yes! We should definitely try to make that happen.

We ended up turning around in Epcot and when we finally got to Animal Kingdom more than 2 hours after we had left our room.

Man almighty, I would lose my mind!

Side note I found the card when we got back home that night in my BRA. Apparently I'd put it there for "safe keeping" :confused3

Well, why wouldn't you put it there? I've thought about getting that card and never have. Maybe sometime when DS is a little older and eats better than he does now.

We also started with our perennial favorites, the Pork Egg Rolls with a chili plum dipping sauce

For anyone who hasn't had these before they are egg roll perfection. Hot, crispy, and the pork filling is divine.

Those egg rolls are amaaaaaaaaaazing. It's funny, because I rarely have egg rolls when we order Chinese at home, but there...gotta have 'em!

After lunch we conquered the Yeti and Casey took her first ever spin on a Primeval Whirl.

I sat this out cause we most certainly didn't need a different kind of whirl.

I love that ride! Of course, until it's a half dozen rides in a row, spinning doesn't bother me. We have a while before DS is tall enough for that, though. Plus, AK is not on our agenda for this trip.

Sad that your trip report is over. But YAY to being in double digits for the next one! (87 for me!)

This looks amazing. I really want to go back here, but my Fiance hated it last time so I might have to wait awhile before I can go back. Yum! And how nice to skip the line with that card, wish more restaurants had that ability at Disney. Crazy stuff about your bus driver. I rarely pay attention while on the bus I probably wouldn't have noticed until we got to the wrong park.

Aaaaaarrrrrr, Cap'n! Thank you for allowing me to set sail with you and your First Mate and your Chief Boatswain's Mate. We deck hands and rigging monkeys thoroughly enjoyed the rampaging fun. In fact, as we had to cancel our May trip due to illness with the Galley hand, we have plundered, toured and eaten vicariously through the Cap'n's cruise! So, we loved every minute of it. Thank you, Cap'n. Aaaaaarrrrrr!
Aaaaarrrrrgggghh Matey!

Sorry to hear the Galley hand took ill. Hope it was the grog or rum and not the scurvy.

Thanks for sailin' along with me and me crew. Glad to hear your crew plundered right along with us.

Ahoy! pirate:pirate:pirate:

:rotfl::rotfl: I would definitely do this, and then forget.
I do this so often one would never think I'd forgot but sure enough I do. The worst is when I store my phone in there and they have to call the phone to find it. Its my little version of looking for glasses that are on your head :P

This sounds amazing!!! I need to get this in Nathan's repertoire on our next visit for sure.
You should most definitely take him there. I know you couldn't eaten the wontons, but the tuna alone is simply amazing.

Mmmmm! I love these, and they happen to also be gluten free. Much churro love. :lovestruc
I never would have guessed that churros are gluten free. Do they not have flour in them?

Man almighty, I would lose my mind!
I pretty much did, politely of course :-)

Well, why wouldn't you put it there? I've thought about getting that card and never have. Maybe sometime when DS is a little older and eats better than he does now.
For me I must say my bra gets utilized to hold things much more than even my pockets too. Which is why I don't know how I didn't look there to begin with :P

You should definitely get the card. Its essentially free and well worth have it on hand.

Those egg rolls are amaaaaaaaaaazing. It's funny, because I rarely have egg rolls when we order Chinese at home, but there...gotta have 'em!
You got that right. I'm the same way with egg rolls, when we order at home we have an authentic sichuan place so we usually just get their steamed buns and dumplings. I can pass on an egg roll, but no way I'd do that at Yak n Yeti.

I love that ride! Of course, until it's a half dozen rides in a row, spinning doesn't bother me. We have a while before DS is tall enough for that, though. Plus, AK is not on our agenda for this trip.
That ride is all you then. Oddly since I've had Casey my motion sickness isn't as bad as it once was but no chance I'm tempting fate on the whirl.

Sad that your trip report is over. But YAY to being in double digits for the next one! (87 for me!)
Woohoo for the double digit club. We hit 100 days last week so definitely down to 90 something by now.

This looks amazing. I really want to go back here, but my Fiance hated it last time so I might have to wait awhile before I can go back. Yum! And how nice to skip the line with that card, wish more restaurants had that ability at Disney. Crazy stuff about your bus driver. I rarely pay attention while on the bus I probably wouldn't have noticed until we got to the wrong park.
I can totally understand wanting to lay low on Yak N Yeti for a while. We had a bad experience at Brown Derby a few years back and Jason still wont' even consider going again.

I'm so glad i was paying attention to where the driver was going. I don't normally but I was so annoyed by her talking rather than focusing on driving I thankfully noticed.

The worst is when I store my phone in there and they have to call the phone to find it. Its my little version of looking for glasses that are on your head :P

:rotfl2:

I never would have guessed that churros are gluten free. Do they not have flour in them?

Nope! Not real flour anyway. It uses a gluten free flour blend. I think it's maybe the cup4cup GF flour brand, which actually has dairy in it, but no wheat. So tasty! Apparently it's really good if you mix the strawberry sauce and vanilla sauce, too. But I stuck to the strawberry because I try to keep my dairy intake low-ish. Love that place!

I also always order the non-alcoholic version of that drink you got. Such a good flavor combo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter