You all must think I'm crazy!!!!

pixietwin

Mouseketeer
We've had our trip planned for about 10 months. We'll be leaving Feb 10 thru the 15th. I've had many many things going on this past year, health problems of my own and DH. House stuff, you all know how it is. The last time I was at WDW was in 1993 before there even was an AK. Good thing is that my step dad has prepaid for our stay at SOG and is going to buy all of our 6 day passes. DH and I just need to pay for our own food, which is awesome and really really nice of him and my mom.

Anyway, I bought a Passporters 2008 book about a month ago and started making ADR last week. I had no idea so much has changed, last time we went, we never ate at Disney restaurants because we thought it would cost too much but now I've learned that the prices aren't too bad. We didn't even know there were nighttime parades or fireworks! I started scanning this site about 2-3 weeks ago and had no idea how much prep work can/should go into the planning. I know we can't do it all, but my mom is really impressed with all the ADR I've made so far and the stuff I've learned from this forum. I am so glad you guys are all here to post tips and facts, answer questions and more.

I was just talking to her on the phone the other day (they live in FL and I'm in TN) and she was saying how we all used to think you just showed up and tried to walk into restuarants to get seated, etc...and how we wondered who misses the fireworks and nighttime stuff because they just don't know! Or maybe we were just stupid. Back then, maybe they didn't have EMH or things like that. Anway, the crazy thing is that this trip hasn't happened yet and I'm already jonesing to plan the NEXT ONE! I'm so excited! I just don't want it to be over too fast. This trip is probably the last one I'll get to take with my mom to WDW and on that end, we both know that it's a special trip and to make the most of it.

along with the disboards, I buy the latest edition of Birnbaum's Guide to WaltDisneyWorld. Besides being the premier reference of "anything and everything you'd ever want to know about WDW", it becomes a great written record of that year's annual trip:thumbsup2 I remember when the EPCOT lagoon was a huge hole and they had the old Jaws shark as an attraction:laughing: It's neat to look through past Birnbaums' and relive what has changed. :wizard: This trip it will be out with the MGM Studios and in with the Hollywood Studios:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter