you can always learn something new at Disney

Dean1953

DIS Veteran
I've been a DVC member since last October and a blue card member since November. We spent 3 weeks at the Parks around Christmas and didn't notice this but have been at the Parks since June 4 and scanning the MB on entry to the Park, the color would go a burgundy color a second before turning green. I just attributed this to the system deciding whether to turn the color blue (which I occasionally get) or green. Today, the CM running the entry point told me that it turns burgundy only for DVC members, then welcomed me home. I'm a pretty avid reader here but had never seen that mentioned and want to share the information.

It has been reported that each owner needs to set up their own access to the DVC member website for the DVC flag to be attached to their account which causes the color change.

:earsboy: Bill

Mystery solved for DH! I’m going to log into his MDE account (which he has yet to touch, I set up for him lol).

It’s been a running joke, that Mickey doesn’t love him. He will be so surprised when his finally turned purple!

Thanks

Last year I only turned purple at Epcot! The other parks I was the usual blue! Did get a welcome home each time I entered Epcot.

Very hit or miss, both DH and I. We drive in to front of Epcot, then go out and back in at International Gateway same day. Some days we both get purple, some days just one of us gets purple, some days neither. Or green initially at Entrance and purple at International Gateway. It’s a toss up!

Have to mention what a mess I created when I linked DH’s MDE signin to our DVC accounts yesterday:faint:

Wound up locking myself out entirely (with my different email). Thankfully, MS was able to put me on hold & get it fixed. Phew

I was at the World June 3-10. Entered the parks over ten times, got purple twice.

It does not happen every time, but we both have gotten the DVC color!

I figured it out after a few times of being welcomed home when I scanned my band. It's usually twirls purple but sometimes green.

I felt a thrill when mine turned purple the first time and the CM said "Welcome Home"! We had just purchased CCV the day before and I was so excited.:yay:

The first time we noticed it was when my turned purple. We didn't think much of it, until we noticed that mine always turned purple at EP and sometimes at MK. I didn't really notice it at AK since I always seem to have trouble with the finger scan and that was my focus there.

I mentioned to my husband that DVC must like me better since I'm the only one who books the resorts. He believed me for awhile until it happened for him at EP.

I'm not sure why it does it sometimes for some and all the time for others, and still others never get it. I don't know if it has anything to do with having DVC APs or not. However, I did notice it more when we did have DVC APs....perhaps just coincidence. :confused3

On our last trip, mine turned purple almost all the time while my husband's did it half the time. I do notice it's more prevalent now that before. Perhaps it's because I'm specifically looking for it now.

For some reason it doesn't always work, but when it does go magenta, many of the cast members will say Welcome Home. Which seems a little weird to me when I am going into a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter