You can now view your Hotel Charges/Balance in MDE

Strange how it's not consistent. For what it's worth I can't see charges in the web site either or make payments. I've only paid 1 night so far in the initial deposit.

I too cannot see it. Online check in begins in 125 days for me. Maybe I'm just too far out?

We booked through Disney, not a 3rd party/TA. We have a room only reservation and our balance is paid.

Just to let everyone know, I am here at AKL right now. The updating of room charges is almost instant in the app. I went down to the Mara this morning to get a cup of coffee. By the time I was back in my room the charge was listed. Only issue I can see is that all the charges I made are listed that my DH made them. This will prove very convenient for me later. LOL

I have 2 room only reservations for my trip in 2 weeks. My CheapTickets ASM reservation has nothing, while my TA booked AKL has the per-night charges and my payments.
I'd guess the difference is there is no balance due on your ASM reservation. If they are like Orbitz you pay in full at booking. Where the reservation with the TA is like one with Disney where you did one night down. Just guessing

Saw on another thread you can now also see your dining credit balance for those on dining plans. We don't do the dining plans, but I can see how this would be very useful for some folks.

I can't even find this on my MDE...can someone please tell me more specifically where it is? Thanks so much

Good deal, Disney! I will call out Disney when I think they are in the wrong, IMHO, but I will also give them credit when they excel. And this is a great example of that!

Anyone with the app on an android? My latest version is 4.7, I see some people have 4.8. Is this not available yet for android platforms?

I have a reservation through a TA. I have updated all my devices to the newest release of the app. I don't see any billing information for my stay. I can do online checkin in 7 days maybe it will show up then. I hope so, because it sounds like a great thing to be able to see and I don't always get the final bill emailed to me.

I don't see a balance, maybe because I'm paid off. I do see a spot now labeled dining plan - it tells me to check back when I've arrived to see my available dining plan meals and snacks so I think we are good to go!

I can't even find this on my MDE...can someone please tell me more specifically where it is? Thanks so much
Click on your Icon, then See All Plans, then your Resort. There is a heading for View Charges to see the details. Should be there

And above PP may be on to the difference. Be within 60 days AND you need to have completed online check.
I have several upcoming stays and haven't done online check in on a couple of them (for no particular reason). I can't see the View Charges on the ones where I haven't done online check in but I can see it on the ones where I have.

Click on your Icon, then See All Plans, then your Resort. There is a heading for View Charges to see the details. Should be there
And above PP may be on to the difference, it may only show once you are within 60 days, not sure. I have several upcoming stays but all are within 60 days
I updated the app and checked my reservation, but the View Charges option isn't there yet. We booked our trip with a TA, we have a room only reservation, and we are 63 days out. I would guess that we will be able to see the View Charges option once we check in. It will be a nice feature to have. :)

I don't see a balance, maybe because I'm paid off. I do see a spot now labeled dining plan - it tells me to check back when I've arrived to see my available dining plan meals and snacks so I think we are good to go!
I have a couple 1 night stays so it's paid in full. I can still see View Charges on the one where I completed online check in. I can't on the one where I haven't completed online check in.

I've updated the app and don't see any balance due. There is a balance due and we usually pay it when we get there since it's RO. We've already done online check in.

Nevermind, I just found it! :)

I have the most recent iPhone update, I have less than 60 days till I arrive, and I see nothing about view charges in mde. I also have only paid the initial 1 night charge. So there definitely is an outstanding balance.

I have the most recent iPhone update, I have less than 60 days till I arrive, and I see nothing about view charges in mde. I also have only paid the initial 1 night charge. So there definitely is an outstanding balance.
I am also experiencing this. Have you done online check-in? I'm wondering if that might be the problem. I'd like to do online check-in, but it is forcing me to create a PIN for each person. I don't remember this happening before. I don't want my kids to have a PIN. I could just enter some random numbers, but why should I have to do that? Parents should be given an option to skip assigning a PIN for a child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter