You can still spread the Disney magic with fastpasses

mafpi

Mouseketeer
So yesterday we had a group of 12 go to Disneyland. We all had maxpasses. We had 4 leave really early. I had all their tickets linked to my account. So I continued to grap 12 fastpasses per ride. Then when we went to redeem them, I would go to the end of the standby line, look for a family of 4 and asked them if they wanted to get on now, that I had extra fastpasses. At first they looked confused which quickly changed to a smile. They were so happy and appeciative and got to know a few families. It made our group happy to know they made other people happy. I did this for 7 rides. And we ghot paid back at the end of the night. We wanted to go on Roger Rabbit, but we didnt have enough fastpasses, (a story I wont explain here). The CM said no worries, go ahead and go. Then my son lost his airpods at security, and they were turned in and he got them back at the end of the night. So even with digital fastpasses tied to your tickets, we can still make a families day more Disney magical.

Although you don’t get to “see” the magic, you also make someone’s day when you cancel your unused FPs (which you can do through the app even if you don’t have Maxpass).

Somewhere, someone is excited to refresh and see them pop up! Just make sure you cancel before the window opens.

I mentioned this when we started using maxpass, how great it was to physically hand over your paper fastpass to people when you were leaving and knew you were not going to use them. I get that you can cancel them and someone does get to pick them up, but there was something about that experience.

That is great that you were able to extend your 4 extra fastpasses over 7 rides - I would think that would make it a great experience for everyone!

Although you don’t get to “see” the magic, you also make someone’s day when you cancel your unused FPs (which you can do through the app even if you don’t have Maxpass).

Somewhere, someone is excited to refresh and see them pop up! Just make sure you cancel before the window opens.
While I see your point and understand what you are saying I will disagree with you on this point. When you buy maxpass their is a certain expectation with it. While someone is happy to see fastpasses, it is fulfilling an expectation. Doing what I di showed the family I gave to and my family the experience of people showing kindness. While experiencing expectations is good, experiencing kindness from and to random people is better and hopefully people will pay it forward.

While I see your point and understand what you are saying I will disagree with you on this point. When you buy maxpass their is a certain expectation with it. While someone is happy to see fastpasses, it is fulfilling an expectation. Doing what I need showed the family I gave to and my family the experience of people showing kindness. While experiencing expectations is good, experiencing kindness from and to random people is better and hopefully people will pay it forward.
Eh, every time I pick up a cancelled FP (which happens a LOT), I’m grateful to whoever cancelled it! I also make a point of showing my daughter when we cancel ours, and we say things like, “Oooo, someone’s excited to ride RSR with our FPs right now! Just like we were excited to grab those GOTG cancellations earlier!” 🤷‍♀️

Obviously it’s less tangible than physically handing someone the old paper FPs or *walking them through with you... but it can still be nice depending how you frame it.

Last edited:
Eh, every time I pick up a cancelled FP (which happens a LOT), I’m grateful to whoever cancelled it! I also make a point of showing my daughter when we cancel ours, and we say things like, “Oooo, someone’s excited to ride RSR with our FPs right now! Just like we were excited to grab those GOTG cancellations earlier!” 🤷‍♀️

Obviously it’s less tangible than physically handing someone the old paper FPs or waking them through with you... but it can still be nice depending how you frame it.
Yes, you are correct. Their are diffrent ways of showing kindness and teaching your kids about kindness. Thanks for what you do. I have enjoyed dropped fastpasses

I have to admit while I used to love giving out my physical fast passes, I've never given away my digital ones... we always just go right back on again with any unused ones since we are right there! I did actually one time try to scan in our fast passes for Grizzly Rapids for a couple of boys I overheard that wanted to go again but realized they didn't have time for the line (needed to meet back up with other family members) but they told me they had been told they weren't allowed to do that by CMs in the past... glad to hear otherwise!

This is so true. My friend was super excited he got to ride Guardians again after I managed to pick up a cancelled fastpass yesterday.

I have to admit while I used to love giving out my physical fast passes, I've never given away my digital ones... we always just go right back on again with any unused ones since we are right there! I did actually one time try to scan in our fast passes for Grizzly Rapids for a couple of boys I overheard that wanted to go again but realized they didn't have time for the line (needed to meet back up with other family members) but they told me they had been told they weren't allowed to do that by CMs in the past... glad to hear otherwise!
You can’t outright say/make it obvious that you’re scanning in people who aren’t in your group because that can turn into a monetized situation -like how people used to sell their wheelchair privileges. They don’t want me going into the park and booking FPs and then charging people for my FPs.

Since the CMs can’t see who you’re scanning in, if you have 8 FPs on your phone, you can scan in any 8 people you want. But if you make it obvious that you’re standing there scanning in FPs for other people who aren’t in your group, that’s an issue. It’s unfortunate, but I understand why.

Ahhh, okay, that definitely explains it. Thank you so much for the detailed response and clarification on how that works!

I did it once in front of a CM, and they didnt say anything.

I did it once in front of a CM, and they didnt say anything.

I'm usually the scanner in my group so one time when we were in a big rush and there were large groups of people all around us, my peeps were just so used to my proficiency that they just immediately went on ahead in line to get out of the way of the masses as I was approaching the scanner but unfortunately my app locked up and they had gone on too far ahead to call back and get their tickets so I just pretend waved my phone in front of the scanner in a panic staring guiltily right at the cm watching me and told them I had a group of 8 and they didn't say a word... I, on the other hand, had a whole lot to say to everyone in my group when I caught up to them, ha!

Obviously it’s less tangible than physically handing someone the old paper FPs or *walking them through with you... but it can still be nice depending how you frame it.
Whenever I cancel a FP on the app that we can’t use, I always say out loud “Pixie Dust” because I am happy that someone else will get to pick up the FP and use it, even if it is digitally instead of in person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter