You down with O.O.P? Yeah you know me! March 11-15, 2017 Updated 4/7 Final Day-COMPLETED

Hi there Natalie! Wow, great report, you are a phenomenal writer, very entertaining. We go at the tail end of August and I am already debating what to select out of those luscious dessert cases in various eateries.....such a sweet tooth. Can I ask, what was your favorite treat/food/snack, what have you? It's been since 1998 (yes, FOREVER-ago) that I have been to Walt Disney World----can't even wait for my husband and little boy to see it :) Thanks again for the report, I feel like I want to go back and reread it, ha.

Also, if I may: You look great! I just read your first TR dining review, too. Can you share any makeup/hair products you bring to Disney? Like I said above, we go at the end of August and I am trying to collect products to bring. I'm not trying to be a supermodel or diva, however I would like to look alright for fun pictures, etc. Thank you for any advice and tips!!

Hi there Natalie! Wow, great report, you are a phenomenal writer, very entertaining. We go at the tail end of August and I am already debating what to select out of those luscious dessert cases in various eateries.....such a sweet tooth. Can I ask, what was your favorite treat/food/snack, what have you? It's been since 1998 (yes, FOREVER-ago) that I have been to Walt Disney World----can't even wait for my husband and little boy to see it :) Thanks again for the report, I feel like I want to go back and reread it, ha.

Thank you so much!! That's really sweet of you to say :love: My favorite sweet treats are dole whips, cronuts in Epcot and pretty much everything from Les Halles in France. Not all cupcakes are created equal in Disney, but I've always had pretty good luck at Boardwalk Bakery.

Also, if I may: You look great! I just read your first TR dining review, too. Can you share any makeup/hair products you bring to Disney? Like I said above, we go at the end of August and I am trying to collect products to bring. I'm not trying to be a supermodel or diva, however I would like to look alright for fun pictures, etc. Thank you for any advice and tips!!

You MAY! lol! So you're heading to WDW next month, right? It's going to be HOT. My suggestion is to get a nice BB cream with an SPF. It's basically a tinted moisturizer. Clinique has a good one that has enough coverage but also feels really light. I pair that with Clinique bronzer and a little bit of waterproof mascara. In the summer I also use Urban Decay setting spray that works pretty well.

Ulta has a really wide selection of travel sized shampoo, conditioners and styling treatments. I have fine hair, so I like Alterna Bamboo volumizing products. During the day at the parks I tend to just throw my hair up and go....but I do like to shower and get changed for dinner and I'll put a bit more effort in!

Have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm plotting my next trip as we speak. It's been about 6mo and I'm already itching to go back!

Hi! Oh thanks for the nice replies, so nice to "meet" you. Yes, we are heading down August 27--September 2 (YAY!!!!). How did you find August to be when you were there? Let's see, I have just about the same coloring as you, which is why I am very interested in your beauty routine :) I have fine hair myself and reallllly hate it up, but I'm thinking with the August heat, that's the way to go. THANK YOU for the product suggestions, you are beyond awesome. Oh yes, I also can't wait to try Les Halles for those beautiful treats! I'm going to have to be rolled out of the parks, I just know it, ha. One more question: what mascara do you go with?? I pretty much have the same color eyes as you too, and am always looking for the "right" colors to put on them ;--)
Ok, thank you once more for being so nice and helpful! You have great TR's, they are making me soooooo ready to be down there. 32 days and counting, LOL.

Hi! Oh thanks for the nice replies, so nice to "meet" you. Yes, we are heading down August 27--September 2 (YAY!!!!). How did you find August to be when you were there? Let's see, I have just about the same coloring as you, which is why I am very interested in your beauty routine :) I have fine hair myself and reallllly hate it up, but I'm thinking with the August heat, that's the way to go. THANK YOU for the product suggestions, you are beyond awesome. Oh yes, I also can't wait to try Les Halles for those beautiful treats! I'm going to have to be rolled out of the parks, I just know it, ha. One more question: what mascara do you go with?? I pretty much have the same color eyes as you too, and am always looking for the "right" colors to put on them ;--)
Ok, thank you once more for being so nice and helpful! You have great TR's, they are making me soooooo ready to be down there. 32 days and counting, LOL.

I love Disney and makeup, so I am HAPPY to help :)

August was really really hot is all I remember. We went in the beginning of the month, so it was also pretty crowded. Every day we had a thunderstorm between 2-4. But with 2 little kids, we would always head back around then for afternoon naps and happy hour in the room. I heard that the end of August is a great time to go because the crowd levels are negligible. I always said I can handle crowds if it's not hot, and I can handle the heat if it's not crowded. Unfortunately, March was FREEZING and crowded lol. But we still managed to have a great time. I'm thinking we would go at the end of August 2018, so you'll have to do a TR to let us know how it was!

I use Buxom waterproof mascara and kitten eyeshadow by Stila. It's just a nice, shimmery (without being glittery) pink and it stays on all day. I used to use Voluminous by loreal, but then mysteriously it started bothering my eyes, so I had to switch. Buxom is pretty good alternative.

Oh THANK YOU a million times for your quick response. Yes, I will attempt a TR after it's all said and done, I'm hoping to be as entertaining as you---you should quit your day job and be a writer :)
Ok, Buxom and Stila, got it! I will have to visit my local ULTA for sure.
Yes, I've heard late August should be ok, crowd-wise. Hopefully not too horribly hot. We are coming from Minnesota, and it does get pretty humid and hot in the summer here. Awww too bad March was freezing :( You just have a beautiful family (Grandparents included!), such a fun time.
Can I impose with one more question? What kind/brand of shoes do you bring for yourself and your kids?? The shoe issue is a big one, I ultimately just want everyone to have comfy feet, so important!! I also am a fan of their Pottery Barn bags, how sweet.
Oh last one: Have your kids ever done the Jedi Training Academy at HS? My little boy is SO excited to do this, hopefully it all pans out....
THANK YOU AGAIN Natalie for your help, you are an angel. By the way, I'm Dana a big (as you can see in the avatar) Alice In Wonderland fan! I LOVED your Alice pictures, she seemed so sweet. Fun to see her with your Alice!!

Oh THANK YOU a million times for your quick response. Yes, I will attempt a TR after it's all said and done, I'm hoping to be as entertaining as you---you should quit your day job and be a writer :)
Ok, Buxom and Stila, got it! I will have to visit my local ULTA for sure.
Yes, I've heard late August should be ok, crowd-wise. Hopefully not too horribly hot. We are coming from Minnesota, and it does get pretty humid and hot in the summer here. Awww too bad March was freezing :( You just have a beautiful family (Grandparents included!), such a fun time.
Can I impose with one more question? What kind/brand of shoes do you bring for yourself and your kids?? The shoe issue is a big one, I ultimately just want everyone to have comfy feet, so important!! I also am a fan of their Pottery Barn bags, how sweet.
Oh last one: Have your kids ever done the Jedi Training Academy at HS? My little boy is SO excited to do this, hopefully it all pans out....
THANK YOU AGAIN Natalie for your help, you are an angel. By the way, I'm Dana a big (as you can see in the avatar) Alice In Wonderland fan! I LOVED your Alice pictures, she seemed so sweet. Fun to see her with your Alice!!

Nice to virtually meet you Dana! I've learned so much from people on this board while planning for trips, so I'm happy to pay it foward. Also, work is super boring today, so chatting about Disney snacks and makeup has been a welcome distraction! If I could just sit around and write about Disney all day that would be awesome...but Mamma needs a paycheck lol.

I've always had the best luck with Keen Sandals for the whole family. Nobody has ever complained of blisters while wearing them. We also pack a pair of sneakers for everyone just in case.

I've never done Jedi Training. But my friend did in Feb and she basically went first thing after rope drop over to the sign up booth. She ended up with like, an 11am time. She loved it.

The weather will be hot, but everything is air conditioned. You'll be fine! Just take breaks and drink lots of water (and Mai Tais)

Hi Natalie! YES, this place is just a wealth of info, is it not? Again, thanks for your help and advice, it's all appreciated. Ha ha, you would make a great Disney travel consultant! I say, quit that day job ;--)
Ok: I was going to check into Keen Sandals, I've heard others rave about them too.
Jedi Training is indeed high on the list. I'm glad your friend had a great experience with this!
Yep, hot weather ahead. We should be ok, we will take things slow & easy with breaks----and Mai Tais, per your advice, ha. Your cucumber drink didn't look too shabby either, LOL.
THANK YOU again and I do look forward to more posts from you! Like I say, your writing style is really addicting, your sense of fun just shines through. Hope your day is good Natalie!!!
Dana

Enjoyed your report. Your family is lovely. Thanks for all the food and drink pics. Yum! Your perspective on allowing your kids to use their tablets while dining at Crew's Cup certainly changed my perspective on things. Sometimes parents AND kids need to decompress ...

I just read through your whole report! I think we were there the same week and it was COLD some of the days! Thanks for sharing!

Again, I have to say that this report is one of my favorites, so fun to read through!! Natalie, you have to do more fun trips ;--) That peanut butter cookie is making me hungry and is definitely a MUST for me in a few weeks!

Just finished up the last few installments of your review. That peanut butter cookie looks and sounds amazing! Love your son laying on Ariel, hahaha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter