You experience of taking uber from WDW to US

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am pricing out our options for a future extended family trip to WDW with a couple US days (7 of us total).
I was think of staying at WDW for the entire trip (about 10 days) because the cost of US is more because i can use my DVC points.

I'm still weighing those options considering the benefit of the US express pass (almost too good to pass up, but that depends on crowd calendars).

I looked at rental cars and to just get a van for 2 days to get us back and forth it would be well over $200 plus parking fees.

Have you used Uber to go between WDW and US? If so -- how much does it cost round trip/each way? I am guessing i would have the option to get 2 vehicles or one van for our family of 7.

I am guessing that Uber would be less expensive than a rental car. A rental car doesn't even make sense seeing we would only have it for 2 days and we might actually want to space out our US days.

Let me know any tips you have on this.

Last week we had 6 people and we did the luxary van rental with a driver from Mears. Our driver picked us up right outside POR (we felt important he was standing there with our name lol). It was $50 for one way so $100 total to get back and forth. Might seem a little pricey still but when we priced out the rental car and parking, plus the hassle of getting the rental car, we felt it was worth it

Uber for 3 people from Beach Club to Hard Rock was around $15 I do know it was less than the $20 free first ride, because I was technically not charged anything. We did 2 full round trips. My first trip was free for sign up, then I referred my wife and she got a free ride, then I got a free ride for referral. So out of the 4 rides I only paid for 1 and it was still under $20. We will be doing it again in 12 days. We like you are DVC members so we always just keep our room at Disney just empty for the night we stay @ universal, and just pack an overnight bag. With a 1 night stay @ UNiversal you get the express pass for check in and check out days. Well worth it

Whats used more over in Orlando? Uber or Lyft?

I've used Uber in the reverse of your trip (Universal to Disney) and it was super easy. Cost was $15ish one way and $17ish the other way. You can also "play the game" with new users and referrals that would give some free or discounted rides.

That being said, keep an open mind as far as staying at Universal. The Universal's perks for staying on-site may make it worth it.

I too am interested in using Uber but will need Uber XL bc we are a family of 6. We are staying at UO and will need to get over to MK to attend the Xmas Party and back. Trying to figure out how much it might run

Install the Uber app or go their website (https://www.uber.com/ride/). There is a "fare estimate" function that should tell you.

I used Uber to get from Cabana Bay to MK for the Halloween party (on Halloween) and it was super convenient. Ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary and it is a short walk to the MK from there. At the end of the night, walk back to the Contemporary lobby and do the reverse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter