You First Rewards

bausemer

Earning My Ears
When Universal Studios onsite hotels were first built Lowes offered a rewards program. The program consisted of Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels with all different levels of benefits. So all of us whom stayed multiple times at these resorts earned a lot of reward benefits. Needless to say all that went away when they converted their computer systems over about two years ago. So all of us whom were at the gold and platinum benefit level have to start over from scratch. Which I think is highly unfair and unethical for Lowe's to do. They should have at least transferred the levels and benefits onto the new You First rewards program.

If anyone else is in the same boat I'd like to know.

I did not lose anything on YouFirst program

My credits did not change and my status level was the same

I only remember a couple of peeps saying the change effected them

Maybe it could have been the change of time period caused that?

Used to be July 1st was the credit start period when it was switched to January 1st for the yearly count

Unless you were a permanent platinum level, the points get reset to zero each year. If you don't use them within that year, they disappear.

Trying to wrap my head around a "stay". So, if I did a split at CBBR and Sapphire, I can get two qualifying stays out of it? I'm planning to do several split stays and resort switches in the coming year.

Trying to wrap my head around a "stay". So, if I did a split at CBBR and Sapphire, I can get two qualifying stays out of it? I'm planning to do several split stays and resort switches in the coming year.

That would be considered as one stay

You need to have either a 5 or 7 day time lapse before you check into another hotel to earn additional credit stays for youfirst

But if you have a 7 night stay, you earn 2 credits instead of 1

You need to have either a 5 or 7 day time lapse before you check into another hotel to earn additional credit stays for youfirst

Thanks for the clarification. Makes good sense.

Is that new? We've done two hotels in one stay and got credit for both and platinum benefit for both.

If you stay for 5 nights now, you get 2 credits instead of one.

Hard Rock and Cabana Bay do not qualify for youfirst benefits.

yes i said 5 or 7 night stays get 2 credits
did not have the site in front of me when i posted but knew it was one or the other.

they held to the policy of additional credits when i did not have the miniunum days between the bookings.

yes i said 5 or 7 night stays get 2 credits
did not have the site in front of me when i posted but knew it was one or the other.

they held to the policy of additional credits when i did not have the miniunum days between the bookings.

Darn. I liked getting double credits!!!!

May I ask, when you have enough points for a Room Upgrade (if one is available), do they upgrade the view or the room category? Thank you!!

Look at the loewshotels site

It will list the 3 levels and the number of stays required for each level
Blue
Gold
Platinum

All stay counts start over each January 1st

No past stays carries over into the next year

I don't remember exact info except platinum members get the free upgrade at time of booking

Gold can pay $50 to upgrade at rpr when booking standard to a king suite

Blue level which is after the two stays upgrade from standard to water view is free if rooms available

Pbh has different rooms for upgrades other than standard view to water view

They're particular about their upgrades. They will only upgrade you from a standard room. For example, you can't book a deluxe and get an upgrade to a suite.

They're particular about their upgrades. They will only upgrade you from a standard room. For example, you can't book a deluxe and get an upgrade to a suite.

Thanks to you and Macraven. I appreciate both of your time!

Hey there. Happened to be on their site this morning. If you scroll down to #11, it describes how they manage the point system. Seems you have to maintain them on a yearly basis or you drop down a level. Hope this helps you out...

https://www.loewshotels.com/m/youfirst/terms-conditions
Yeah this is how it is supposed to work since they updated the software few years back.
I'm pretty sure it was always supposed to work that way. but they did not maintain the system and people stayed at higher level for several years without even staying at a Loews for several years. I was platinum for quite a while

with the upgraded software many did get knocked down a level...but then the seemed to stop enforcing it again..and people stayed at the same level since

most of the loyalty program require you to re-qualify every year..and some grant lifetime status after meeting certain requirements - like 10 years at a level and a certain number of total stays/nights

so the short answer is I have no idea what they are doing and they could start enforcing the rules at any time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter