You guys make me nervous!

jewell

Mouseketeer
Okay, you guys are so laid back, and I'm SO not --wish I were though. I read 'don't plan your trip to US, you don't need to. So, does that mean when I'm there in the middle of June (staying on site) that I don't have to make any reservations to Mythos and Lombards??? I can just walk right up to the restaurant around noon and get in? I'm such an obessive planner when I go must places (especially Disney), it's hard for me to get into a different frame of mind. Help me guys!!!! :crazy2:

Okay, you guys are so laid back, and I'm SO not --wish I were though. I read 'don't plan your trip to US, you don't need to. So, does that mean when I'm there in the middle of June (staying on site) that I don't have to make any reservations to Mythos and Lombards??? I can just walk right up to the restaurant around noon and get in? I'm such an obessive planner when I go must places (especially Disney), it's hard for me to get into a different frame of mind. Help me guys!!!! :crazy2:

You can get in with a wait. :goodvibes
Better off to make reservations at the beginning of the day at guest services at the front of the park when you enter or if you're staying onsite at the hotel.

You can get in with a wait. :goodvibes
Better off to make reservations at the beginning of the day at guest services at the front of the park when you enter or if you're staying onsite at the hotel.

Thanks! :) I didn't know you could make reservations at the hotel! Is there a place I call or do I go to the front desk?

I'm trying not to be more relaxed about this vacation, but it's hard for me! :p We went to Disney in May of 2004, I went with my hubby, son, sister and her two girls and my 72 year old mother! I planned for that trip hours a day for months on end, and I must say it was a wonderful trip with just about everything being perfect. My mom died 15 months later :sad: , but the memories from that trip is just so wonderful, Disney treated my Mom so special, they really impressed me. I just wish she were alive today so she could go to US with us, I know she would have loved it too!

Thanks! :) I didn't know you could make reservations at the hotel! Is there a place I call or do I go to the front desk?

I'm trying not to be more relaxed about this vacation, but it's hard for me! :p We went to Disney in May of 2004, I went with my hubby, son, sister and her two girls and my 72 year old mother! I planned for that trip hours a day for months on end, and I must say it was a wonderful trip with just about everything being perfect. My mom died 15 months later :sad: , but the memories from that trip is just so wonderful, Disney treated my Mom so special, they really impressed me. I just wish she were alive today so she could go to US with us, I know she would have loved it too!

Sorry for your loss.

Make them at concierge desk.

Once your reservations are made, then go and enjoy a real vacation. The crowds are not as unmanageable as Disney, rides are more up-to-date. AND if you are staying onsite FOTL (express) you can ride to your hearts content, go back to the pool,relax, eat and then return for more.

There are a lot of attractions in a smaller area than Disney; so, you don't waste time running between rides or wasting your time with Disney's version of fast passes. Enjoy the #1 theme park restaurant, Mythos, in the world. RELAX:goodvibes

And I just thought of this: Uni's "city" is right there, you don't have to catch a bus there to enjoy more great restaurants.

Not everyone here is "laid back" about planning. Lots of folks here go often to the parks and know this stuff inside and out, so they are very laid back about things. Which is truly ok with Universal parks, especially if you are staying onsite. For those of us who don't travel there as often, and are obsessive planners for most things, check out my trip report and you will see obsessive planning at it's finest. . . . . I will say, however, that even with all the months and months of planning and obsessing, we still did things by the seat of our pants. We knew we HAD to do certain park on certain dates simply because of expiration dates on some great tickets we had purchased, but the Universal days, we just knew we would be at Universal and would do whatever we felt like doing that day.

Here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1790619

Generally speaking...June is not terribly busy but if you are staying onsite, the crowd levels shouldn't be a problem. You can make reservations for dining at the hotel or get priority seating with your room keys that morning. Just remember...Universal is not as big as Disney so there isn't as much planning involved. Read some of the trip reports to get a feel of what others usually do.

minniejack thanks, the loss of my Mom was SO hard on me, she was a wonderful mother and a great friend, but at least now I can talk about her and think about her with a smile on my face instead of tears.

wwesing, thanks I'm going to go read that trip report! Glad to see someone else is like me!

You are right- the good thing about Universal is that it's smaller than Disney. We haven't been there since May 2000, I'm SO excited about this trip. :hyper: I just want it to be perfect!

minniejack thanks, the loss of my Mom was SO hard on me, she was a wonderful mother and a great friend, but at least now I can talk about her and think about her with a smile on my face instead of tears.

wwesing, thanks I'm going to go read that trip report! Glad to see someone else is like me!

You are right- the good thing about Universal is that it's smaller than Disney. We haven't been there since May 2000, I'm SO excited about this trip. :hyper: I just want it to be perfect!

jewell just like the other posters I am so sorry to hear your loss and it reminds me of the first time we went to Universal and my FIL took us and we lost him six months later and it was heart breaking and MIL will not go back but as for us it reminds us of a joyful time with him and especially me cause they wouldn't ride the hulk with him so I did and he told me it ment more to him than I would ever know.
So Universal hold special memories for me as well and as Metro and others have mentioned Universal is a much more relaxing place and not as big as Disney and not much planing is needed cause the only thing I plan is where onsite I want to stay and plane tickets and transportation to and from airport and the rest I just go with the flow .
Just remeber to have fun :thumbsup2

Jewell, I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Losing someone you love is always painful. I wish you happiness for your future.

I think you might be happier if you called in advance and made the ressies for those places. You can do that. I am not sure if they take them 4 weeks or 2 weeks out. Try calling for making the ressies.

It is not difficult to wait and make the ressies the day before or the day of your plans to eat there. As long it is not a holiday time period, you should not have any issues of getting a ressies the day you will eat there.

Since this is your first time for Universal and you want everything to be smooth, make the ressies soon so you have one less thing to deal with.
that is what i would do.

Mythos usually closes at 3:00 in the afternoon. They do stay open later on specific days. Plan on Mythos for lunch and not dinner then.

the one thing i plan in advance is when to see the shows.
I always catch Horror Make Up Show on each visit.

Try to eat earlier than noon so you can avoid lines at the counter service places. You know, like they do at disney by scheduling your times to avoid the lunch rush.
You'll find less lines for rides at the noon hour since more are eating at that time.

Not everyone here is "laid back" about planning. Lots of folks here go often to the parks and know this stuff inside and out, so they are very laid back about things. Which is truly ok with Universal parks, especially if you are staying onsite. For those of us who don't travel there as often, and are obsessive planners for most things, check out my trip report and you will see obsessive planning at it's finest. . . . . I will say, however, that even with all the months and months of planning and obsessing, we still did things by the seat of our pants. We knew we HAD to do certain park on certain dates simply because of expiration dates on some great tickets we had purchased, but the Universal days, we just knew we would be at Universal and would do whatever we felt like doing that day.

Here is a link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1790619

So Wendy, are you planning to finish your trippie now? :laughing:
I'm still waiting for the finale of it....

I always catch Horror Make Up Show on each visit.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Until we read about Horror Make up Show on these boards, I never wanted to see it. I'm so glad we saw it--it was fun.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 We will definitely see it again on return trips.

FYI, if you were thinking of trying one of the Emeril's restaurants at Universal, they do take reservations online via opentable.com. Emeri's website can link you there too. I just made reservations for both for my June trip.

ky07, that was a very touching story, thank-you for sharing. Something very important I learned from my Mom, live life to it's fullest because life is too short! That is why we are taking this vacation, hubby's job is fine right now, but with the economy--you just never know. :confused3 But I won't live my life thinking about 'what if'! We are going on vacation and having a great time, just wish June wasn't four months away!!!!

To everyone else, thank-you SO much for your help! :thumbsup2 Seriously, guys you have been so helpful! I'll be posting a bunch more questions before my trip I'm sure! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter