You know I'm a squirrel guy...

Congratulations Michael. My son Jordan worked 12 hour midnight shifts in an ER in Lexington for 5 years right out of college. At first it was a constant adrenaline rush that he loved. He just recently took a different job in a stand alone ER just outside of Lexington. What frazzled him were the frequent flyers wanting pain meds. He has been a different person since taking the other job that also has him working from 12 noon to midnight. Congrats again.........:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yeah, I'm not gonna miss the pain medication seeking folks at all. I'll miss the adrenaline though.
e84cf5cd501f6ab4b166ff0c03d4b9ee.jpg

Congrats Michael.

You'll get used to the clinic routine. If the new job is straight days, that may be the hardest adjustment. Although Stacy will likely appreciate the new hours. How'd you get a window? I run several departments and I don't have a window!

And don't think you are getting away from the drug seekers. Our clinics have just as much trouble.

j

Yeah, I'm not gonna miss the pain medication seeking folks at all. I'll miss the adrenaline though.
e84cf5cd501f6ab4b166ff0c03d4b9ee.jpg
Ah the joys of frequent fliers We had on pt that every time we took them dialysis we had standing bet of when the chest pains would start and would tell ER she needed Percocet

Taken from a 1968 University of Michigan Medical School Yearbook
Just-nuts-yearbook-lg.jpg

Apparently in Ann Arbor (not a UM fan by any means, but still cool) the squirrels run the show. If you got some free time here's an article to read.

http://michigantoday.umich.edu/just-nuts/
What happened Michael you get turned down for the free ride on a Squirrel Husbandry Scholarship

Congrats Michael! And a window! I hope the new gig is even better than you want it to be!
My sis is an RN in NICU (for more than 30 years) and she's so stressed out, not from the babies but the parents!

What frazzled him were the frequent flyers wanting pain meds.
I used to volunteer with our local ambulance as an EMT. My mom did as well (She was actually the Crew Chief). We were on call once a week (on a rotating schedule) and it was a 24 hour duty. We carried our Pagers (Minitor) so when the late night or early morning calls came in we'd have to respond.

Anyway, some of my favorites :rolleyes1 were what my mom liked to call the "LOL-Naps" (Pronounced Lull Nap). "Little Ole Lady - No Apparent Problem". Most of the time, they just wanted company, because often times, they would have no family in the area (or none that would visit) and would just get depressed and want company.

My other favorite ones are those that call 911 for a ride to the hospital for Dialysis. Our Volunteer rig was not one of those Ambulance services that does the non-emergent transport, rather we were for emergency calls. In the beginning it wasn't too bad, but as more and more would "Abuse" the service, we would make sure they had a stop at the ER. You knew when the calls were this type when you'd get them to the hospital and they would say, "I need to go to the 4th floor" (Where the Dialysis unit was) and the ER was on the 1st floor.

I could probably write a book on my escapades of being on the ambulance, vehicle rescue, and dive rescue. The downside is that probably on other EMS/Fire folks would ever read it (or at least understand it) as Emergency Services have a "Unique" group of folks. AWESOME, but Unique! :D

Well, at least I can "hope" some pigeons or crows might stop by.

IMAG0033.jpg

Nice. At least you can tell if it is light or dark or raining or not. Donna delights in calling me up to ask what the weather is like. I pull up the weather channel radar to see if it is raining or not.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter