You Know You're in WDW when...The Everyday Adventures Of The Purple Van June 23, 2009

jdvm

Purple Van Driver
You know you're at WDW when you see the Hollywood Studios Tower of Terror sign in the median of World Drive. The 3-D elevator shakes violently with broken cables dangling, there are strobe lights tracing its fall from the top and there's a flashing red "4" indicating the number of drops on the attraction.

VFPVTOT1.jpg

There are lots of landmarks that let you know you're back in Disney but this is one of my favorites.

And, if you drive by it a lot, as some of us do in the purple van, you can also use it as a clock. The elevator starts shaking every morning at 8:15.

john

My boys love that "sign"! (OK, I do, too!)

Your "Adventures" are great....you could combine them into one *Ongoing Saga of the Purple Van* :thumbsup2 that way subscribers to the thread would always get the updated adventure! I'd hate to miss one ;)

Thanks John! I sure appreciate your efforts though have to say that Tower of Terror is one attraction that 'been there, done that' and don't care to do it again.

DH and I love seeing this as we enter WDW, we always look at each other and say "We're home now".

Can't wait until I see that sign again in person. Thanks for the taste of Disney John!

Thanks John for the photo and the info on the clock aspect of this landmark:lmao:

OK, RLRDA, great idea...now can you tell me why didn't I think of that???
"because you're a boy" is not an acceptable answer, by the way. Starting today, I'll use the same thread!
thx again!
j

OK, RLRDA, great idea...now can you tell me why didn't I think of that???
"because you're a boy" is not an acceptable answer, by the way. Starting today, I'll use the same thread!
thx again!
j

I'm glad I came up with a useful idea :idea: ! Looking forward to the new "Everyday Adventures" thread!!:thumbsup2

P.S.- Having 3 DSs - I would never say "because you're a boy" - in my house boys rule :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter