You must check out the talking fountain!

Last week it was the deep voiced fountain, I like the helium voiced fountain better.

My teen daughters have spent many a happy hour talking to (and getting soaked by) the fountain. It always mimics their British accents which they find hilarious.

When IOA first opened, the Mystic Fountain was just a little something "extra" that wasn't called out in any special way.

But it proved to be so popular that it was raised to the official status of "major attraction" with it's own little blurb on the park maps.

It just shows how a little imagination and creativity can pack as much wallop and create as much enjoyment as tens of millions of dollars worth of high-tech gadgetry.

Imagine if the Trike Encounter had been treated like the Fountain, instead of tauting it as an attraction with a queue and all. It would likely be as popular as the Fountain, with people considering it a great discovery, instead of a waste of time. Inversly, imagine if they had housed and queued Fountain. Would people enjoy it as much if they had to wait even ten minutes to see it.

-Kevin

Originally posted by DocBosch
Imagine if the Trike Encounter had been treated like the Fountain

Good Point. But what makes the Fountain so good is that it talks back, makes jokes, plays music (YMCA), and soaks the people.

The Trike Encounter would work out the open if people could walk up, pet it, and take pictures. Of coarse, they'd have to keep kids from climbing on the head, maybe if it was up high looking down, or that area had a rail around it.

Originally posted by robvia
The Trike Encounter would work out the open if people could walk up, pet it, and take pictures. Of coarse, they'd have to keep kids from climbing on the head,

They could just keep the "vet" attendants who do the presentations already. I figure they need atleast one person to run the Fountain, so to do an out in the open Trike Enc. would require the one "vet" and the people who operate the trike (if any).

The reason why Trike Enc. always has such a long line is because it has a line in the first place. Things that have queues attract people who want to see whatever is at the end of them, compounded with a slow moving show, equals a long wait. I think that if the Trike was placed somewhere in the JP midway, or the River Adventure queue, people would stop to check it out for a bit, be amused, and eventually move along, much like the Fountain.

I myself love the idea of the Trike Enc. and the theming of it's queue area, but hate having to wait in line to see it. To be able to just walk through JP and see a "living" dino on display would raise the theming level of the island and then they could turn the Trike queue into one of those secluted walkways that everybody loves so much (making it seem like the guest accidentially stumbled into a "Jurassic Park" off limits area).

-Kevin

These are really great ideas!

I've always loved the Trike exhibit and I've worried that the seemingly common opinion that's its "a waste of time" would mean that eventually they will just close it. But Doc Bosch's suggestion really makes sense.

I hope they go that route rather than close it altogether. (If it even comes to that.)

My only gripe about the attraction is that there's no animal odor. I think if they added one, it'd boost the realism considerably.

As for accuracy, who's to say what dino doo-doo smells like?

Apparently, they're going to use some Smell-o-Vision effects in Shrek, so what's the problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter