You never know what you've got until its gone.

Jhuff8181

Mousenut
Feeling a bit down today. Haven't been to WDW since January 2008. Sold my 380 DVC points one year ago today. Not sure if I will ever be able to go back. I never thought I would miss it so much. If you are blessed enough to be a DVC owner going to WDW yearly, or more, be very thankful.

I feel your pain we are struggling with whether or not we are going to be able to keep our DVC or not. We had just about decided to sell but we may give it another year and re-evaluate then. We went to Vero last year so we didn't have to purchase passes and were planning on doing so again this year but just changed our reservations to SSR a couple of weeks ago. This will be the first trip to the World since June of 2008.

I hope things turn around for you, I had a tremendous 2008, a forgettable 2009 and 2010 so far looks better than 09 but not as good as 08!

Feeling a bit down today. Haven't been to WDW since January 2008. Sold my 380 DVC points one year ago today. Not sure if I will ever be able to go back. I never thought I would miss it so much. If you are blessed enough to be a DVC owner going to WDW yearly, or more, be very thankful.
Take care of what you can control and hopefully things will work out for you and maybe you'll again be an owner in the future.

Saying a little prayer for you as I type, OP. DH suggested that we should sell a contract or 2 because health issues are making it harder for us to go right now. I felt sick to my stomach. I realized how emotionally attached I am to DVC, as pathetic as that sounds. We ended up renting/transferring some points for the time being, and I never thought that we would be doing that. Sending blessings to you at this tough time.

hey you do have your memories.

hopefully the economy will turn around. hope everything works for you.

I appreciate your post. It is good to be reminded of how fortunate we are. I truly hope that one day you will be a DVCer again. And if you get to the point where you can go to WDW again, remember to rent points! It will allow you to stay DVC and still save you money. :goodvibes Hang in there.

I also appreciate your post and I am grateful that we are able to go to Disney and that we are in good health and can enjoy it. I hope that you Are able to return soon and that your circumstances improve.

I am very thankful that Dh and I are able to go to 'our favorite place' every year, and that we can still manage the dues, and that our health allows us to enjoy it.
I hope your circumstances improve and that at some future date you are able to purchase points again.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter