You opinion on my Thanksgiving WL situation

zulaya

DIS Veteran
So I called today to check on my WL for Thanksgiving.

I had a 2BR lockoff at BCV for TG week, but was missing Nov 25 and 26. I had WL for those 2 days in the 2BR lockoff and then for the week of Nov 21-28 for the 2BR ded with 2Q as that is my ideal preference.

I've been calling to see if I can pick up one or the other of those days individually.

The rep didn't find those days available, BUT the 2BR ded with 2Q was available for those 2 days.

I took them, more so that I had a bed to sleep in. I really don't want to switch rooms TWICE in one week.

So here's what I have right now:

Nov 21-25: 2BR lockoff
Nov 25-27: 2BR ded w/2Q
Nov 27-28: 2BR lockoff

I also still have 2 active WL:
1. Nov 25-27: 2BR lockoff
2. Nov 21-28: 2 BR ded w/2Q

So what about the 2BR ded 2Q for the whole week?
I asked about that. Here's what availability for those nights was when I called:
Nov 21 - available
Nov 22 - not available
Nov 23 - not available
Nov 24 - not available
Nov 25 - available
Nov 26 - available
Nov 27 - not available

So here's my questions:
1. Should I keep my waitlists as is?
OR
2. Should I complete cancel the ones I have and WL for the 2 BR ded for Nov 22-24 and Nov 27
Or
3. Some other option I'm not seeing?

Ideally, I don't want to move at all. If I have to move once...ok. But moving twice in one week would be a royal pain and a time-sucker-upper.

I appreciate any advice you all have.

just curious are you booking at your home resort or some where else and how far out did you make the original request?

Is it that hard to get Thanksgiving week? That is when we plan to travel next year (11-19 thru 11-27) I'd be booking at our new home resort BLT and plan to call this December.

I just posted on another thread and we got BLT this morning at the 7 month mark for Nov 21st thru the 28th one bedroom bay view. The MS rep indicated that that 2 bedroom was vailable but I did not wnat to spend the points.

just curious are you booking at your home resort or some where else and how far out did you make the original request?

Is it that hard to get Thanksgiving week? That is when we plan to travel next year (11-19 thru 11-27) I'd be booking at our new home resort BLT and plan to call this December.

I booked at my home resort, but it was not at the 11 month window. We originally were going to go early December, but then in February changed to Thanksgiving week.

I think if you are calling at the 11 month window, you are fine. I was calling at more like the 8.5 month window. While it would have been better to get all the days, getting all but 2 on a holiday week wasn't too bad.

I booked at my home resort, but it was not at the 11 month window. We originally were going to go early December, but then in February changed to Thanksgiving week.

I think if you are calling at the 11 month window, you are fine. I was calling at more like the 8.5 month window. While it would have been better to get all the days, getting all but 2 on a holiday week wasn't too bad.

thanks...I'm very eager to make that first booking!

Hope you get your waiting list thing figured out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter