"You'll find I'm full of surprises" - Marathon/Princess Half Marathon - 3/11 Raglan Road Brunch

Chef Mickey’s

For some reason, I woke up at 2AM and could not get back asleep. After 15 minutes of tossing and turning, I threw in the towel and got up. My husband didn’t wake up until 2:45 though. It was going to be cold so he bundled up more than usual as he had on running tights, shorts, compression socks, 3 layers of shirts, a jacket and a neck gaiter, gloves and a hat. Once he was ready, we headed to the Boardwalk Convention Center and got on the bus to the pre-race area.

j1POieD.jpg

All ready for the run

Glad we got on the bus when we did as apparently there were some traffic issues for people that left a little later. Rather get there early than have anxiety about being on time, especially after Dark Side Half Marathon 2016. Once at the pre-race area, we got me a hot chocolate as I was COLD and then headed to the merchandise tent to see if we could get my husband one of the pre-order only race weekend jackets as they sell extras the last race of the weekend. We got the very last large one which made him happy! Its a little bigger than he usually wears but not too bad! We hung out for a bit but as we were watching Sarge being well, Sarge, the corrals officially opened up and my husband left me to my own devices. I went back to the merchandise tent as it was warm and eventually took some creeper photos of the characters they had out.

kSomUVK.jpg

YHLVIAn.jpg

khsKikH.jpg

I started walking to the monorail station so that I could head to the TTC and see my husband near mile 4 of the course. Since he was starting in Corral C, I figured I should have enough time to watch him at Mile 4 and then make it on time for my 7AM reservation I made for Chef Mickey’s the night before. I had figured eating breakfast would be a good time killer while he ran 26.2 miles.

LyjEu3t.jpg

Start Line

VDeMhyo.jpg

Ensuring Course Is Clear

X4iBDjb.jpg

Elite Runners

I got to see the Motorcycles and Truck drive by twice, About 15 minutes after the wheelchair start time, we saw the first of the wheelchairs come by and about 5 minutes after that we saw the super elites beginning to pass.

About 40 minutes after my husband started, he passed me. He started his race around 10 minute miles since he was doing this race with his longest run happening over Wine & Dine Weekend with the half marathon back in early November 2017. 2 months since then, he’s only had runs that max out at 7 miles. Once he passed, I hopped onto the monorail and headed over to the Contemporary. I arrived a couple minutes before my 7AM reservation.

gQTQ1GI.jpg

Once the server visited me and took my drink order as I wanted hot tea (I was still so cold from cheering outside!) and a diet coke. That was pretty much the last I saw of the server until I tracked him down to give him my annual pass (I forgot my Tables in Wonderland in the room!) and my credit card. My drinks never got refilled once I drank the first round :(

Here are some pictures of the buffet:

M2M5Lyl.jpg

1n3ZJS2.jpg

J4TKwSI.jpg

UBDWN2s.jpg

cB8G5bu.jpg

nguIRrK.jpg

65EdqTk.jpg

dVUYzOW.jpg

9FcFS9s.jpg

yF3AfDH.jpg

VvqNG1B.jpg

nfKs4xT.jpg

I went with two plates for my first round up at the buffet as I didn’t want to have to run and get up quickly.

0MkDIeS.jpg

Ham w/ Mustard, Biscuit, Onions, Cheesy Potatoes, Tater Tots and Grits

PulUdDx.jpg

Mickey Waffle w/ Sprinkles and Caramel, Donut Holes, Rice Crispy Treat

After I finished my plates, it became time for the characters to start visiting. As I was alone, getting photos with the characters pretty much wasn’t going to happen. I resigned myself to take photos of them except for the one selfie I took with Minnie.

nr7Au34.jpg

F86F3eZ.jpg

CrJjMXb.jpg

nnJ37fa.jpg

N6Da7kJ.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, my server was non-existent. My plates were never cleared and my drinks never refilled. He visited his other tables though. Since I forgot my Tables in Wonderland and only could get a 10% Annual Pass Discount, with no mandatory tip, I was happy that I could reflect my annoyance appropriately. I won’t be going back here anytime soon. It felt way overpriced for the experience. It at least met its task of warming me up and passing time as my husband ran a marathon. I really should have just gone to Kona Cafe or Ohana instead since those were other options available when I was looking at breakfast options the evening before.

During my travels to Chef Mickey’s, my husband was running through the Castle and taking a photo with Mary Poppins’ Penguins!

AQn0pAe.jpg

NmWOjsY.jpg

r0CKO57.jpg

No one at the tables around you would take a picture for you? As a single diner, I am always willing to take pictures for others. And I have found that many people are happy to take a picture for me. Sorry about your server. This is one of the reasons I haven't tried Chef Mickey's yet.

Sounds like your server experience was fairly similar to ours at 1900 Park Fare. I have not been in a hurry to try Chef Mickey's since most people give it meh reviews. At least ut served your purpose of warming you up and occupying your time while your DH ran a marathon. Then again, soaking in the tub and sleeping in are also nice ways to spend time! :laughing:

I adore The Boathouse. I think it may be my favorite. Everything there is so yummy and I have always had great service, even at the bar. Funny, I find the opposite with parking and buses- I feel like the parking is much improved and the buses just always seem to be a cluster.

Side bar - somehow I’ve never had Publix meatballs. Will need to investigate. Are they frozen or in the prepared section?

You are a trooper to get up early with your husband! Ugh on waking even earlier than you had to. I would not be that supportive, haha. My one experience at Chef Mickey’s (well, excluding the old days when it was in the village - now Disney Springs) was not pleasant. But buffets gross me out regardless so that’s part of it. Fun to do a character meal though. Too bad your server was such a bum.

No one at the tables around you would take a picture for you? As a single diner, I am always willing to take pictures for others. And I have found that many people are happy to take a picture for me. Sorry about your server. This is one of the reasons I haven't tried Chef Mickey's yet.

I was in the table alcove over to the side. I was right next to a window. The nearest table was a grandmother with two boys who had her hands full (wonder if their parents were running) and then the other table was the most self absorbed group family I've ever met. I didn't post the story about them as I was being polite but that mother was so mean to her two girls. They had 'special' outfits for the meal but the girls were cold and she proceeded to yell at the kids that the jackets had to come off as they would make them dirty. I don't think I saw the mother say one thing nice and the father just looked defeated. The younger girl ended up breaking a table at the buffet and the response from the mother was just horrifying. No way was I going to talk to them.

Love your trip reports! I've been reading lots about marathon weekend, and not totally sure but I think that is @CherieFran in the castle photos.

Yay! Glad you are here! I didn't even notice that someone from the boards was with my husband in those photos! I tend to try not to figure out if I know the people.

Hey! That IS me! So crazy!! Now to catch up on this TR!

That is too funny! How were you not freezing? My husband was so cold until the sun came up. I think he tossed the hat leaving the Magic Kingdom since its gone in the Penguin photo but he still had the sweatband. Are you going to end up doing a race report?

Sounds like your server experience was fairly similar to ours at 1900 Park Fare. I have not been in a hurry to try Chef Mickey's since most people give it meh reviews. At least ut served your purpose of warming you up and occupying your time while your DH ran a marathon. Then again, soaking in the tub and sleeping in are also nice ways to spend time! :laughing:

1900 Park Fare is your favorite though! At least you've had good service other times but stinker servers are no fun. It did serve its purpose of warming me up! I wish I could have gotten a reservation at Trattoria at the Boardwalk though but there was nothing last minute :( If we do this again next year - I'll do Ohana as I do love my Stitch! Soaking in a tub and sleeping in are nice ways to spend time...I did that in November when he ran Wine & Dine half! He felt a little sad about that one though since I wasn't there to see him off. At Princess, I have to wake up with him as I need to help him get ready.

I adore The Boathouse. I think it may be my favorite. Everything there is so yummy and I have always had great service, even at the bar. Funny, I find the opposite with parking and buses- I feel like the parking is much improved and the buses just always seem to be a cluster.

Side bar - somehow I’ve never had Publix meatballs. Will need to investigate. Are they frozen or in the prepared section?

You are a trooper to get up early with your husband! Ugh on waking even earlier than you had to. I would not be that supportive, haha. My one experience at Chef Mickey’s (well, excluding the old days when it was in the village - now Disney Springs) was not pleasant. But buffets gross me out regardless so that’s part of it. Fun to do a character meal though. Too bad your server was such a bum.

Parking during the week at Disney Springs - I have no problems with. Parking on Friday or Saturday Nights - I do - especially on busy weekends. The buses with the new Town Center set up are such an improvement since the bus hot mess that was near the Marketplace. My statement changed once they opened up a much larger and organized spot along with the dedicated bus lanes as you drive to Disney Springs. I hated that Marketplace bus area. I'm just ready for all that construction in the area to be gone!

Boathouse does have some great servers! One of the reasons we keep coming back.

They are neither frozen or prepared. They are in the meat section where they have their ready to cook meals. My publix has really expanded their selection there - they have prepped slow cooker meals, roasters, various chicken dishes, meatballs, meatloaf, various flank steaks, pork. It's nice to be able to pick up food back there to cook at home and you save yourself the prep! During a busy work week - those options are nice to have to still eat a decent meal that isn't take out.

As far as buffets being gross - I'm with you. I will only go if I open them. I lower my risk then!

Last edited:

Nice pics! I thought I recognized CherieFran from the boards (haha it was)
Chef Mickey looks good but I’ve heard mixed reviews and my kids aren’t too excited about characters...well not as excited me anyways! Lol.
Omg I just read your comments about the self absorbed family! Ugh! Disney brings out the best and worst in people sometimes. So much money and sometimes misbehaving children I hope this was the case! No excuse though!

Wow I am impressed with you're getting up to cheer on your husband. Your server at CM sounds like one we had a few years ago at CP. We never done CM as I am not into the characters that much ( I know heresy ;) ) and have yet to read a review of the food to reconsider.

Nice pics! I thought I recognized CherieFran from the boards (haha it was)
Chef Mickey looks good but I’ve heard mixed reviews and my kids aren’t too excited about characters...well not as excited me anyways! Lol.
Omg I just read your comments about the self absorbed family! Ugh! Disney brings out the best and worst in people sometimes. So much money and sometimes misbehaving children I hope this was the case! No excuse though!

The more I go and look back at that photo - I'm shocked I didn't notice it either! She's in like 6 of his photos!

Disney does bring out the best and worst in people sometimes. I think the family issues stemmed from my mother wanting it to be 'picture' perfect and not getting it and thus the reactions from the kids. (Although part of me wouldn't be shocked if this family was on the boards hanging out in different sections than me about how to make a 'perfect' trip). Sometimes trips aren't perfect - it happens. I know I'm in a different place than most since I do go at least 5 times a year - sometimes more (7 times last year! Feb, twice in April, July, September, twice in November) so my opinions become more realistic on how things are. This year I'm on track for 5 - there may be at least 2 more weekends added but those will be last minute additions.

Sometimes I like meeting characters - sometimes no. I tend to meet more characters with my mother than I do my husband. She has more fun with it (she really loved baby Groot!).

No Chef Mickey's next year. Since we are going to stay at Animal Kingdom - I will either eat Boma, 'Ohana or Room Service for breakfast after dropping off my husband for the race. I may brave and drive from place to place. It also means post Marathon dining will be at Sanaa. Are you going to run again next year?

Wow I am impressed with you're getting up to cheer on your husband. Your server at CM sounds like one we had a few years ago at CP. We never done CM as I am not into the characters that much ( I know heresy ;) ) and have yet to read a review of the food to reconsider.

Yeah - I must really like him to be willing to freeze myself to cheer him on. It was freezing! 2019 - I will be better prepared for the cold. I will also be in a value 1 bedroom most likely so I can also wash said clothes and make blankets warm.

Its ok - I'm not sure why I keep doing character breakfasts. I may be a glutton for punishment. I did 1900 Park Fare in April while we were staying at Grand Floridian for Dark Side and also felt like it was just ok. The food was definitely better at 1900 than CM though!

Nice report!!

Glad you are enjoying!

Are you going to run again next year?
I am going to run next year! Definitely the marathon but considering Dopey! I know I could do it but the early mornings freak me out! Maybe I need to get over the mental aspect of that! Idk? Maybe I just need to be ok with one race? We shall see!

Super embarrassed to say I’ve never eaten at Boma or Sanaa and I know I must! I mean seriously! As many times as we’ve been to AKL and I just ate at Jiko this last trip! No excuse! Lol Mostly because at buffets my kids will eat nothing or very little for the price. Definitely going to try and get to Sanaa in April at least to the lounge for beer and bread service!

I am going to run next year! Definitely the marathon but considering Dopey! I know I could do it but the early mornings freak me out! Maybe I need to get over the mental aspect of that! Idk? Maybe I just need to be ok with one race? We shall see!

Super embarrassed to say I’ve never eaten at Boma or Sanaa and I know I must! I mean seriously! As many times as we’ve been to AKL and I just ate at Jiko this last trip! No excuse! Lol Mostly because at buffets my kids will eat nothing or very little for the price. Definitely going to try and get to Sanaa in April at least to the lounge for beer and bread service!

My husband may or may not do Dopey. For sure Marathon. I'm gonna do the 10K.

Boma for breakfast is great - Boma for dinner - eh. We don't like buffets much. Jiko is lovely! Yes! the bread at Sanaa is awesome!

Le Cellier

After my breakfast, I got back on the monorail and headed back to EPCOT. Inside the race area, I got myself a Cranberry Cider at 9AM in the morning. It was super refreshing but I had to chug it since I couldn’t get on the bus with it and I needed to get back to the room to get my husband a beer at Mile 24 in time. At least I got a new cup for home! I love those RunDisney Beer cups as they hold a decent amount of liquid and if my dog noses it off the table - it won’t break. (One of his favorite toys is anything we touch)

gNykA9H.jpg

Cranberry Cider

I made it back to the room before 10AM and dropped my stuff off and walked out of the Boardwalk towards the Hollywood Studios walkway with beer. Following my husband’s tracker, he should have been in the area in about 5/10 minutes so I poured him a glass and I drank the other half while I waited...and waited...and waited...when it got to the point where he should have passed me 30 minutes ago...I got worried. I sent him a text message (which he didn’t respond to)...I discussed this with @tankgirl47 who I was messaging all morning as both of us were tracking him. About 10 minutes after my panic started that he was hurt, I got a message that he crossed the finish line. Ok, yay! That means he just missed me and I missed him. I made some lady’s day when I yelled “who wants a beer?” She questioned me on it though but I said, I had it for my husband but he missed me and he finished the race. So lucky her!

PsQfIBZ.jpg

Beer!

Here are some more of his race photos:

LKr1fmv.jpg

JRUjpFI.jpg

hicaVgZ.jpg

adPsRAM.jpg

I walked back to the room and waited. I got a text message back from my husband finally. He was in a lot of pain but moving. (This is why you shouldn't run a marathon without training specifically for it. He can get away with bad training for 10Ks and Halfs but 26.2 miles is serious distance) He waddled back to the room and immediately took a nice soak in the bathtub. They gave the runners special ears for completing the 25th anniversary race.

TJT6Amw.jpg

When my husband got back to the room, he wasn’t moving well. He asked to see if we could change our lunch reservation to a later time. Luckily, I was able to modify it on Disney’s website to 1:55PM. After his bath and a short 30 minute nap, he was feeling a bit better and was ok to move a bit to get to Le Cellier for food. Since our reservation was later, we didn’t have to worry about the runners going around the lake and EPCOT since it was past the time the slower runners would be past Mile 25 (I would be among that group too but luckily I didn’t sign up for a marathon!) We didn’t have long to wait before we were sat at a two top in the middle of the Ontario section of the restaurant and we reviewed the menu.

xCqXBTq.jpg

Menu

Doesn’t he look exhausted? I would probably look much worse if I just ran 26.2 miles!

5tirbGA.jpg

Marathoner!

My husband ordered a beer while I went with a large sparking bottle of water. I knew there was a chance I would be driving home not long after the meal so I didn’t want to be too tired. He loves Unibroue so this worked out well.

1HSvoLv.jpg

Beer

We love their sourdough and pretzel bread. That poor multigrain always ends up all alone and uneaten among my husband and I. We always forget to tell the server to skip that one!

1ad9SIw.jpg

Bread

To start the meal, my husband and I didn’t order off the appetizer menu. As my husband and I decided against splitting the Porterhouse we had in November, I was going to miss out on my crispy onions. I fixed that problem and ordered them instead of my starter. I love crispy onions and these were no exception!

txNPzBN.jpg

Side of Crispy Onions

My husband got his usual selection to start the meal. Their signature poutine. Can you really go wrong with fresh cut fries and canadian cheddar? It keeps him happy and is one of the reasons we love this post for a post race meal!

tEiGUaP.jpg

Le Cellier Signature Poutine - Fresh Cut Fries, Canadian Cheddar, Truffles, Red Wine Reduction

My food does not look pretty at all. I even commented on that. I don’t think there is a way to make an oatmeal stout braised beef to look pretty though but the way it was presented reminded me of something that would come out of my dog. That said, it was really tasty! The stout gave decent flavor to the meat and it was super tender. I really enjoyed this!

ksMfPbY.jpg

Oatmeal Stout Braised Beef Short Rib - Sweet Potato Gratin, Natural Jus, Red Watercress, Minus 8 Beer Vinegar

My husband wanted the filet. It's actually why he didn’t want the porterhouse since he wanted filet and he knew I would steal most of the filet from the porterhouse. He ordered it medium which he regretted. He forgets I usually always order items medium rare but I’m to remind him not to make that mistake next time. He devoured this steak despite his mistake though.

uCx8NO7.jpg

Le Cellier Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Tenderloin, Mushroom Risotto, Asparagus-Tomato Relish, Truffle-Butter Sauce

Overall, a great lunch. We’ll be back come November!

After lunch, we headed back to the room. My husband watched the Jaguar versus Bill game and I took a nap as I was tired from being up since 2:00AM. There was going to be no way for me to drive home that tired. I woke up at 4:30PM fully refreshed. We debated staying the night but my husband wanted to sleep in his own bed so we finished packing up and got on the road home. We made it home before 8:00PM despite the traffic on I-4 and in Tampa. Even made it through 1 load of the 3 loads of laundry!

7waw9Eb.jpg

Sunset Past Tampa

Congrats MrDis_Yoda! I had zero pain once I stopped, but it sure crept in throughout the afternoon. Let’s just say leaving Jiko with those long AKL halls I was worried we’d have a scene out of Bridesmaids :rotfl2:I made it despite there being no bend in my knees! TMI sorry! When I woke up that was gone! Thank god! I was worried how I’d navigate MCO!!

Le Cellier is on my list! Looks so yummy!

Should’ve kept my eyes peeled on the boardwalk for you but likely you were gone.

Congratulations to your husband! What an amazing accomplishment! Hope his recovery wasn’t too rough. I couldn’t even contemplate a marathon WITH training! Le Cellier was the perfect pick for post race meal - steak, potatoes, beer and not too far a walk! Did you hear the news that they’re adding a signature seafood and steakhouse restaurant in Japan?

As I mentioned earlier, my server was non-existent. My plates were never cleared and my drinks never refilled. He visited his other tables though. Since I forgot my Tables in Wonderland and only could get a 10% Annual Pass Discount, with no mandatory tip, I was happy that I could reflect my annoyance appropriately. I won’t be going back here anytime soon. It felt way overpriced for the experience. It at least met its task of warming me up and passing time as my husband ran a marathon. I really should have just gone to Kona Cafe or Ohana instead since those were other options available when I was looking at breakfast options the evening before.
The service you received was terrible... yikes! And what a situation you witnessed with the tables around you. Kona definitely would have been the better option. I haven't been to Chef Mickey's since the boys were small. Now if I do a character meal I tend to go for the ones served family style. I am not the biggest fan of buffets either.

We love their sourdough and pretzel bread. That poor multigrain always ends up all alone and uneaten among my husband and I. We always forget to tell the server to skip that one!
The pretzel bread is awesome. Especially with the cheese soup!

My husband got his usual selection to start the meal. Their signature poutine. Can you really go wrong with fresh cut fries and canadian cheddar? It keeps him happy and is one of the reasons we love this post for a post race meal!
My DH would enjoy this too.

Le Cellier Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Tenderloin, Mushroom Risotto, Asparagus-Tomato Relish, Truffle-Butter Sauce
The fillet looks AMAZING!

I had this sake previously during the Hibachi Experience of Food & Wine Festival a couple years ago so I knew I liked it then. I liked it still now! It is slightly sweet and it has the bubbles which works! My mother stole a sip and thought it was ‘different.’

zGrHsX7.jpg
I've never heard of sparkling sake. I'll have to try this sometime.

ED0xhjx.jpg

The Bradford
Speaking of trying, I have no idea what this is but from the looks of it it would be right up Jason's alley

We were given the best bread in all of Disney which my husband and I quickly devoured. They did give us a 2nd order of bread. My mother avoided the bread because of her entrée. We told her she was crazy.

24Nprk9.jpg
We must have gotten a bad batch of this as yours is the second review in a row I've seen that is raving about this bread. Ours was good, but no where near the best we've had.

yY3D9dv.jpg

Lobster Mac N Cheese
Yum!!!! This looks and sounds awesome. Perfect pre-race meal.

J7uBkit.jpg

Double Order of Special Appetizer - Peel & Eat Louisiana Shrimp
Oh I so could have devalued these with you. I love, love, love shrimp and we eats tons of peel and eats with loads of old bay on them all summer long. Makes me which it was about 5 months from now!

It was going to be cold so he bundled up more than usual as he had on running tights, shorts, compression socks, 3 layers of shirts, a jacket and a neck gaiter, gloves and a hat. Once he was ready, we headed to the Boardwalk Convention Center and got on the bus to the pre-race area.

j1POieD.jpg
Yikes!!!!!! I can't believe it was that cold in Disney

I started walking to the monorail station so that I could head to the TTC and see my husband near mile 4 of the course. Since he was starting in Corral C, I figured I should have enough time to watch him at Mile 4 and then make it on time for my 7AM reservation I made for Chef Mickey’s the night before. I had figured eating breakfast would be a good time killer while he ran 26.2 miles.

LyjEu3t.jpg
You are quite the devoted wife. I've never done anything other than "wake up" and mildly wave with my eyes still closed.

I was surprised when I saw you choose Chef Mickey's. Good for you for not tipping him!!! Of course we all hear the nightmares that are chef mickeys, but I'm glad to see at least your food wasn't too bad.

About 10 minutes after my panic started that he was hurt, I got a message that he crossed the finish line. Ok, yay! That means he just missed me and I missed him. I made some lady’s day when I yelled “who wants a beer?” She questioned me on it though but I said, I had it for my husband but he missed me and he finished the race. So lucky her!
I'm sure you must have been worried!

adPsRAM.jpg

I walked back to the room and waited. I got a text message back from my husband finally. He was in a lot of pain but moving. (This is why you shouldn't run a marathon without training specifically for it. He can get away with bad training for 10Ks and Halfs but 26.2 miles is serious distance) He waddled back to the room and immediately took a nice soak in the bathtub. They gave the runners special ears for completing the 25th anniversary race.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Pretty amazing he could even be upright with no training. Jason says he wants to try a marathon this year, though I'm not sure I'm up for being a training widow.

tEiGUaP.jpg
No, you really can't go wrong with this!

My food does not look pretty at all. I even commented on that. I don’t think there is a way to make an oatmeal stout braised beef to look pretty though but the way it was presented reminded me of something that would come out of my dog. That said, it was really tasty! The stout gave decent flavor to the meat and it was super tender. I really enjoyed this!

ksMfPbY.jpg
You are way better tan me. If something lined in front of me that appeared to come from my dogs I'm not sure I could eat it!

Congrats MrDis_Yoda! I had zero pain once I stopped, but it sure crept in throughout the afternoon. Let’s just say leaving Jiko with those long AKL halls I was worried we’d have a scene out of Bridesmaids :rotfl2:I made it despite there being no bend in my knees! TMI sorry! When I woke up that was gone! Thank god! I was worried how I’d navigate MCO!!

Le Cellier is on my list! Looks so yummy!

Should’ve kept my eyes peeled on the boardwalk for you but likely you were gone.

That is great you had no pain once you stopped! I bet it crept in over the day. When we did get home (and started watching tv) he had a heat pad on his thighs. Glad you didn't create a Bridesmaid scene! I watched that over St Jude Half Marathon Weekend for the first time in ages!

I was probably out there for like 45 minutes. With your finish time - you probably did run by me. I was behind the tissue people in the chairs!

Congratulations to your husband! What an amazing accomplishment! Hope his recovery wasn’t too rough. I couldn’t even contemplate a marathon WITH training! Le Cellier was the perfect pick for post race meal - steak, potatoes, beer and not too far a walk! Did you hear the news that they’re adding a signature seafood and steakhouse restaurant in Japan?

Well - his recovery was rough because he caught the flu apparently. His temperature rose really high on Monday Night and Tuesday was miserable. He ended having to get a prescription for Tamiflu. He wasn't sure if his aches were flu or marathon related. I kept lysoling everywhere that week and somehow I managed to not catch it! So happy!

I do not recommend running a marathon without training. He was dumb. Really dumb. I'm glad he didn't end up injured.

We've done Le Cellier post race a couple times now - it is one of those great spots post race! You can't go wrong with lots of protein and yumminess!

I did see that they are adding a new Japanese Steakhouse/Seafood place! I wonder when its going to officially open. Part of me still misses the old tempura bar and sushi lounge - back when neither required reservations! Hopefully I get to try it in November if its open there!

The service you received was terrible... yikes! And what a situation you witnessed with the tables around you. Kona definitely would have been the better option. I haven't been to Chef Mickey's since the boys were small. Now if I do a character meal I tend to go for the ones served family style. I am not the biggest fan of buffets either.

Family style meals are definitely better than buffets. Now I know and Chef Mickey will be off the list for many years - until I forget about this experience and mistakingly do it again. I will only do buffets if I can get it near or at opening. Saves me germs!

The pretzel bread is awesome. Especially with the cheese soup!

My DH would enjoy this too.

The fillet looks AMAZING!

I know some people find "Le Cellier" overrated. Yes, I've had better steaks or steakhouse experiences but if we go in knowing the tables are crowded and you stick to their signature items - it is a really good meal. It is less of a monetary deal than it was years ago when it was just 1 TS but I really do enjoy it. I'm used to overpriced food anyway since I live in Naples where everything is overpriced. It is rare my husband and I can eat dinner for less than $75!

I've never heard of sparkling sake. I'll have to try this sometime.
It is good! I'm super jealous of Jeri right now who is in Disney World. She got Saki in a wooden box with her name handwritten on it!

Speaking of trying, I have no idea what this is but from the looks of it it would be right up Jason's alley
OH it would have been! It was Four Roses Whiskey with a Spicy Ginger Ale but not a ton of ginger ale so you really enjoyed the whiskey!

We must have gotten a bad batch of this as yours is the second review in a row I've seen that is raving about this bread. Ours was good, but no where near the best we've had.
We've gotten bad batches before. I'm sorry yours wasn't a life changing experience.

Yum!!!! This looks and sounds awesome. Perfect pre-race meal.
He thought so too!

Oh I so could have devalued these with you. I love, love, love shrimp and we eats tons of peel and eats with loads of old bay on them all summer long. Makes me which it was about 5 months from now!
One of the joys of living in Florida is that Shrimp is a year round food. My husband even makes fun of me for how much I love shrimp. Love Old Bay but around here we have "Everglades" Seasoning which is better than Old Bay plus its local to Everglades City, FL so I feel like I'm supporting my community or something. Its also better tasting than Old Bay so its also that. I'm probably going to do a Shrimp Boil next weekend since I think my husband has off on Sunday. I'm going to make him go with Gaston and I to the beach and then pick up fresh seafood on the way home.

Yikes!!!!!! I can't believe it was that cold in Disney

This was definitely one of the coldest weekends I've been at Disney. It was worst than Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2015. Glad we had stuff he could layer with!

You are quite the devoted wife. I've never done anything other than "wake up" and mildly wave with my eyes still closed.
Devoted? Maybe. Wanting to avoid whining behavior that I got post Wine & Dine? Yes.

I did tell him if its freezing Princess Weekend - I will help him get ready for his Slutty Snow White but I'm not freezing again.

I was surprised when I saw you choose Chef Mickey's. Good for you for not tipping him!!! Of course we all hear the nightmares that are chef mickeys, but I'm glad to see at least your food wasn't too bad.
Oh, I tipped - just enough so he knew I knew that I should tip but not more than that ($.25!). But we aren't supposed to talk about that tipping thing here on the boards.

My food wasn't bad but I also didn't have anything too exotic. 1900 Park Fare has better food for a buffet but other places are still much better options than those two.

At least I tried Chef Mickey for the first time in years and confirmed that I still don't need to eat there. Positive thinking.

I'm sure you must have been worried!
A bit! I knew he would be slowing down but that was beyond that!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Pretty amazing he could even be upright with no training. Jason says he wants to try a marathon this year, though I'm not sure I'm up for being a training widow.
I think the fact that he is on his feet for 10 to 12 hours a day at his job helps. If that was me that did that without training - I would have been in the medical tent.

Jason should do 2019 Marathon Weekend. I would encourage that ;).

You should really only be a training widow for 1 day every other week unless he goes super hardcore. At least the Pats/Jags game today meant my husband came straight home after work instead of going to the gym.

No, you really can't go wrong with this!
Nope you can't! Yay cheese!

You are way better tan me. If something lined in front of me that appeared to come from my dogs I'm not sure I could eat it!
Well - Short Ribs usually aren't pretty to begin with - add in an Oatmeal Stout - yeah - I got what I got. They could have plated it so it didn't look like dog poo. At least it gave me something to laugh about . They are lucky I wasn't drinking as I'm sure drinking Dis_Yoda probably would have not been appropriate.

Congrats to your husband, I'm positive I ran right up on him (especially now after seeing these pics) before/near the TTC & was right next to him running and was like look's just like Dis_Yoda's husband, but he looked very in the zone. Chef Mickey's is one that I've liked but not liked, we haven't been back in a few years. Great recaps of all your dining too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!