Younger sibling

klo1335

DIS Veteran
My oldest dd will be 8 when we go to Universal this summer and is tall enough to ride all of the WWoHP rides. My youngest will be 5 and might be tall enough to ride Gringots. I am the ride fanatic in the family and will probably take my oldest dd on the rides. If DH decides to ride them I figure we can just do the child swap. But if he decides he doesn't want to ride, I am going to need to give him some recommendations for things to do with younger dd while I ride with older. We will also have a stroller at universal. Do they have stroller areas like Disney does?

TIA!

Everyone can go through the lines, so they can do that even if DH doesn't want to ride.

UO website gives height info, so check it out for the younger's height.

Once there it might be easier to work out what they might want to do.

They have stroller cutout areas on the curbs. The strollers are not nearly as out of control as they are at Disney, so no huge corrals, but they definitely have stroller parking. It was clearly labelled. As for sending them off for things to do, each park has an area geared for littles. In Universal there is a Woody Woodpecker mini coaster, a Fieval play area, and Curious George's house, among other things. My little girl spent a long, long time in the ball area in the back of George's house. It is super fun.

At ioa, there is Suessville. They will be able to find plenty to do in both parks if you split up.

We will also have a stroller at universal. Do they have stroller areas like Disney does?

They do have stroller parking near the entrance, and when you get off the ride your stroller is still parked there, unlike Disney where you have to try to find what they did with it. Took us 10 min. last year to find our stroller at Disney.

My seem like a odd question.....BUT
How strict are they at UO with the height restrictions?
Will they give an inch or so or are they super strict?

They are strict, but you can easily gain 1" - 1.5" with a stack of these wrapped with some electrical tape:

2830005L1.jpg

They fit perfectly under the heel. If they have high-tops on, you could probably push it to 2". ;)

Last edited:
There's tons to see in Diagon Alley if they don't want to go way across the park, especially if you buy an interactive wand.

After reading this thread last week, I measured both my kids. My 9 year old (just turned 9 last week) cleared the 54" mark, but her 7 year old brother was about 3/4" too short. I jokingly warned him that he needed to grow another 3/4" in 2 weeks. I told him that the 54" rides were probably scary rides that Momma probably didn't want to go on and we would sit it out together.

Last week, Costco had 2L chocolate milks on for $2. I bought about 10 of them. I think he's been drinking at least 2L of chocolate milk each day. He even asked for extra broccoli last night and has been going to bed early so his body grows while he sleeps. As I was hugging him this morning this morning, I realized my chin was stretching to cradle his head, so i measured him again. He is now 54 1/4 inches with no shoes either. This kid has grown 1 full inch in less than a week!!!!!

unbelievable!!!!! He is now the same height as his 16-month older sister.

I guess I'm riding the scary rides now :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter