Your 3 best Field trips from Grade School

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
3. Old Stone school - It was supposed to be Akron's first School-The Minute we wlaked in, we were transported back to 1850, and spent 4 hours with the Head Master teaching us
https://www.summithistory.org/old-stone-school
2. John Browns Home - He was a Abolitionist in the late 1800, his house was the last stop for many on the underground railroad , taking slaves and freeing them up north, , they kepy many of the plases where the slaves would hid and sleep until they moved them to a place to get started
https://www.summithistory.org/john-brown
1. Stan Hywet - This old Mansion is still used today for partys of the elite , to take a tour of it, its amaazing even for today, its so much fun, the owner was Siberling family, the founder of Good Year Tire at that time there wealth was as much as anyone in the world, they donated to the city of Akron in 1950
https://www.stanhywet.org/history

1. Disneyland! If you were a Student of the Month in 8th grade you got a "luxury" school bus trip from Scottsdale, AZ to Anaheim, lol. I can't remember the hotel we stayed at, but the rest I remember very well. I bought baby Donald & Daisy stuffed animals. Wish I still had them.

2. Boblo Island. I was irritated my 6th grade field trip switched from Cedar Point to Boblo Island. Not nearly as fun, but it was my one and only trip to Boblo Island and I can say I went there since it is now closed. (still love CP though)

3. Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum. I really enjoyed Greenfield Village. Went back to Henry Ford Museum about 15 years ago, but it was bitterly cold so I skipped GV. I need to go back.

1. Disneyland! If you were a Student of the Month in 8th grade you got a "luxury" school bus trip from Scottsdale, AZ to Anaheim, lol. I can't remember the hotel we stayed at, but the rest I remember very well. I bought baby Donald & Daisy stuffed animals. Wish I still had them.

2. Boblo Island. I was irritated my 6th grade field trip switched from Cedar Point to Boblo Island. Not nearly as fun, but it was my one and only trip to Boblo Island and I can say I went there since it is now closed. (still love CP though)

3. Greenfield Village and Henry Ford Museum. I really enjoyed Greenfield Village. Went back to Henry Ford Museum about 15 years ago, but it was bitterly cold so I skipped GV. I need to go back.

what the heck Fly, you must of lived all over the place

In elementary school our annual trips to the long closed Willow Grove Park (amusement park) about a week before school let out in June.

NYC-United Nations and top of Rockefeller Center

New Jersey State Capitol and State Planetarium-got to meet the then-current governor Brendan Byrne.

You must have moved to MI! We also went to Boblo in 6th...Cedar Point after that! Greenfield Village is awesome! I chaperoned all of my children’s trips there :) even better to go back as an adult!

3) California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I'd been there many times with my parents, but that was really special as a class trip.

2) Marine World Africa USA in Redwood City. Been there before - again with my parents. However, I liked the place. I guess that was before orcas doing shows was controversial. They eventually moved the entire operation (which was a nonprofit at the time) to Vallejo, California. It's now more of a coaster park than a marine life park, although they still have that component (sans any orcas).

1) Naval Air Station Alameda. I'm wonder if the Petty Officer 2nd Class who led our tour drew the short straw or something. That was primarily a maintenance facility and a home port for several aircraft carriers over the years. I you ever saw Star Trek IV, that's where the had the "nuclear wessels". I asked if we might see plane take off or land and our guide said they might land a couple of planes per day. We did manage to see one plane landing. I remember we were told we could take all the photos we wanted, but not if the radar (which I don't think was classified) was exposed. Our teacher did tell us that the base snack bar was pretty good (and really cheap), but they weren't open. That happened to be our normal hot dog day at school so we were able to eat when we got back.

HM: I do remember once we had a class trip to the Oakland Museum. That was rather uneventful except we all took public transportation. We sat in the lead car and we were kids. I don't recall anything all that disruptive (we were certainly talking but frankly not any louder than I've seen over the years), but the operator literally came out of the cab and told us to shut up. And at that point we had a class assignment to write to the transit agency to express our disappointment at how we were treated. We all got letters (I'm guessing probably the same one) signed by the General Manager.

HM2: The Chevron Rod & Gun Club in Richmond, California. This was more a class reward where any group visiting has to be sponsored by an employee of Chevron. They had a pool, bowling, tennis, a gym, etc. Also an arcade with the typical mix of pinball and video games. The food was also really inexpensive. For the most part employees rarely used it during weekdays because they're (you know) working although I guess there might be some employees on a late shift who might come there during a weekday.

I was in sixth grade when Sesame Place first opened. For some reason the school took the 12 year olds to see Big Bird and the gang. We thought we were too old and cool for it, but it wasn’t a school day so it was fun.

The Philadelphia Zoo and The Franklin Institute were always a hit no matter the age.

our eighth grade graduation trip was to Great Adventure theme park in NJ.

I pretty much liked them all equally.

Mystic Seaport, CT

CBS to view new shows and give opinions for the market research department. They gave us a mechanical pencil and pen set every year. Still have one set.

Stratford on the Hudson for Shakespearean plays. It burnt to the ground in the early 90s. Sniffles.

1. I remember going to the zoo distinctly because I fell and broke my wrist. :rolleyes1
2. I remember the fire station also because my mom chaperoned and got to dress up in firefighter gear.
3. Walking to the city library and getting ice cream after.

I'm also still upset that I missed the end of the year trip to the Olive Garden when my grandpa died in 3rd grade.

1. The Wonder Bread local baking center in Washington, DC. I was in 2nd grade and, oh the heavenly smells in that place. At the end, we all got our own personal mini-loaf of fresh baked Wonder Bread.

2. The National Zoo - Kindergarten.

3. Smithsonian Natural History Museum - 1st grade.

While I lived right outside of Washington, DC, my parents hadn't yet taken me to those places. Such fun!!!

Ours were pretty lame considering our location, Museum of Natural History more than once. I still remember going to see Evita with the Spanish department, they let us loose for lunch, a bunch of kids got beer from Beefsteak Charlie’s, some boys hit up some peep shows (including my husband). Times Square in the 80’s, good times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter