Your Country Needs You !!!!

jjcollins

DIS Veteran
As many of you already know, many of our friends on the boards have been paying their condolences in respect of the Queen Mum. I have to tell you - that one particular member has been making disparaging remarks about the Queen Mum and the Royal Family in general. I know we all have our own views on the Royal Family, but I think out of all of the Royal Family the Queen Mum was someone a little bit special.

At the minute there is a debate going on about our Royal Family on the Debate Board. If anyone would like to join in here's the link :

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=182593

Also, here's the link where the disparaging comments were made :

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=182373

So now the line has been drawn in the sand and a call to your keyboards is necessary.

jj...........:mad:

I have relied on the thread.

I'm sorry to all UK DISers but Bob is certainly not alone in his beliefs as I agree with him.I wouldn't dream of offending people who feel otherwise BUT I am allowed a different opinion to the concensus.And not agreeing with the monarchy does not mean I'm against my country.

Im not a great royalist but I am very sad that the Queen Mom has passed away & I think people should be more respectful. As vernon said on the other post
I'm no great monarchist, but I do know that she was a great lady, whose courage and sense of duty was probably without match in modern history.

Well, I take my hat off to Penny and Vernon - some voices of reasoning on a 'condolences' thread.

When all is said and done, whatever our personal beliefs in the monarchy she was a great old woman who was extremely well loved by the majority of the British population.

Astrid

I would agree with Astrid on this. I'm no monarchist mainly due to the current crop i.e. Charles and any younger than him being what they are. But I do believe that the Queen Mother was the last of a particular school , where grace , dignity and duty to one's country meant something.

The passing of an era has happened and I think we are poorer for it.

mike

I'd like to appologize for the statements of some of my fellow Americans. As you can see, there are fringe elements everywhere. Or as Monty Python would call them, loonies. I'm sure that there are logical reasons to disagree on the existence of the monarchy; seems to me people have been doing that there for 1000 years, but we (USA) have no business deciding what is best for you. Seems to me that half the trouble the US gets into around the world is that we try to decide what is best for others. And then we can't understand why we are not loved world round. Again, my appologizes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter