Your favorite area to stay at SSR and why

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
What is your favorite area to stay at SSR and why. I'm trying to decide what to request for our stay Dec 11-18 (we're booked in a grand villa), but I find myself wavering back and forth......mainly between Congress Park and The Grandstand, but for different reasons.

Sometimes I lean towards staying in The Grandstand because I know my family would like a view of the golf course (my family is comprised of excellent golfers who live and breath the game), and also because it's the first bus pick-up and drop-off. But then I find myself leaning towards staying in Congress park for the view of the Lake and DTD (and maybe the view is nicer during the holidays?).

One thing I do know I want to request is to be in a building close to a pool, but as far as what area to request, I waver.

So, what would you request and why?

if you are not walking to DD alot - then go with Grandstand. you can get a very nice water view at Grandstand - my nephew certainly did.

now if you plan on visiting DD alot and walking to it - Congress Park can't be beat.

WE LIKE CONGRESS PARK, NICE QUIET POOL AREA WITH HOT TUB OVERLOOKING DTD. SHORT WALK TO DTD. USUalLy LAST BUS STOP BEFORE LEAVING SSR

We love the springs location.. close to main pool, fitness center.. main build.. etc.. and we love the springs!!!

Remember, there is a walkway to Westside from Grandstand that is not too far of a walk either. We stayed at THV in December and walked to DTD several times. The Grandstand is also close to the SSR boat dock and that will drop you in PI deadcenter.

I would request both areas as either/or. The DTD view is awesome anytime of the year:lovestruc and the Congress Park pool area is exceptional:wizard: Be sure to request DTD view as there are a few villas that face the parking lot in CP. I think I counted 16 balconies once.

My biggest issue with SSR is not being able to reserve area locations, but with all the additions and improvements they are making to the resort and DTD, it is really becoming my "no stress" booking resort. I am not obsessing about the 11 month window, walking reservations, or what requests I need to place at SSR like I do with my other homes.

We have stayed 3 time at SSR. Our first trip was Congress Park and that was in Aug. we enjoyed the closeness to DTD but our fave is the Grandstand. We stayed there our next two stays. Both were Nov. trips. We liked being the first stop for the bus on pickup and the first stop on the way back from the parks. It was a short walk to the carriage house/main pool. :thumbsup2

We have stayed 3 time at SSR. Our first trip was Congress Park and that was in Aug. we enjoyed the closeness to DTD but our fave is the Grandstand. We stayed there our next two stays. Both were Nov. trips. We liked being the first stop for the bus on pickup and the first stop on the way back from the parks. It was a short walk to the carriage house/main pool. :thumbsup2

What were your views like from the Grandstand?

We're going to be in a grand villa, probably spending a little more time in the room than usual, so a nice view would be, well, nice.:goodvibes

What were your views like from the Grandstand?

We're going to be in a grand villa, probably spending a little more time in the room than usual, so a nice view would be, well, nice.:goodvibes

LOL I think golf course view once and maybe the themed pool the other time. I really can't remember.....we are not VIEW people...we like to walk around the grounds more. I would have to look back and pictures probably to be 100% sure. :goodvibes

What is your favorite area to stay at SSR and why. I'm trying to decide what to request for our stay Dec 11-18 (we're booked in a grand villa), but I find myself wavering back and forth......mainly between Congress Park and The Grandstand, but for different reasons.

Sometimes I lean towards staying in The Grandstand because I know my family would like a view of the golf course (my family is comprised of excellent golfers who live and breath the game), and also because it's the first bus pick-up and drop-off. But then I find myself leaning towards staying in Congress park for the view of the Lake and DTD (and maybe the view is nicer during the holidays?).

One thing I do know I want to request is to be in a building close to a pool, but as far as what area to request, I waver.

So, what would you request and why?

I stayed in Congress Park and loved it. We were the last bus stop, so we didn't have to go and pick people up on the way to the parks. On the way back, of course you are last, but I didn't care because I was so tired. We walked to DTD, DH would walk down and get a margarita and come back after the kids were in bed. It was really nice. I thought we were far away from the main building, but when we actually learned our way around, it was a short walk. Granted, if it wasreally hot it would've seemed alot farther :)

We are staying at SSR for 2 weeks from the end of October, realy hope we can get Grandstand, anyone know what the occupancy of this resort is like in late Oct- Nov??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter