Your favorite seats on the Universal roller coasters

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I'm working on a special project on the roller coasters of Central Florida and I need some help. What are your favorite seats on the USF and IOA roller coasters? I have my picks. What are yours?

We have:

IOA:
The Incredible Hulk Coaster
Dueling Dragons (Fire)
Dueling Dragons (Ice)
Pterandon Flyers
The Flying Unicorn

USF:
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster

Thanks!

Okay Barry my favorite seat for Dueling Dragons (Fire) and
Dueling Dragons (Ice) would have to be at the Alchemy Bar.

Hee hee
:teeth:
Sorry I couldnt be of more help....

If there's not much of a wait I like the back, but normally end up with the last car or the one in front of it, close enough.

This applies to all rollercoasters that I go on, but haven't ever been on the Unicorn or Woody Woodpecker.

Jenn

I'll be able to help you out more in June I hope. I've only been to IOA once and while I loved the Hulk - it made me sick as a dog when I got off! (Just ask the next person after me in my seat on Spiderman:o :( ) I'm hoping the weight loss since then will make me able to tolerate it better - like I used to. Otherwise I'm going to have to admit that I'm old!

I also LOVE the back seat of Hulk and the front seat of both Dragons. I just love those near misses in the front seat of Fire and Ice. However, I also like the air time in the last seat of Fire.

In the morning when lines are short, the front.
Otherwise, the back for all coasters.

You would probably get alot of responses by posting this question in the newsgroup
rec.roller-coaster

Hulk: Any!
DD: Fire and Ice: Front seat!
PF: any
FU: any

WWNC: DD would say the front! :Pinkbounc

HULK: front row outside right seat gives an interesting feeling when doing the 0-g roll.

DRAGONS: FIRE: front outside right for the initial drop.

DRAGONS: ICE: front outside right for the view of the water below on the initial drop.

for me the back row is highly over-rated. however it is easier to get a back row seat versus a front row seat:smooth:

Personally, riding in the front where I can see where I'm going (yes, I do open my eyes!!) gives less of a "queasy" feeling from the special effects - i.e. weightlessness, positive g-forces. But last visit hubby and I rode in the last row on Hulk. Because you sit higher than the front for most of the ride, you can still see out over everyone's head. It seems that this helps also if you are prone to some motion sickness on roller coaster-type rides. No matter what, though, we don't ride in the middle. This is the same for every coaster we ride.

Hulk: Front.

Fire Dragon: Front, for the near-miss perspective.

Ice Dragon: Front, more the near miss perspective, especially where you cobra roll away from the castle.

P-Flyers: ROTFLMAO. Either seat is fine.

Unicorn-Any

Woody's Coaster-Any

The Incredible Hulk Coaster -- any
Dueling Dragons (Fire) -- front
Dueling Dragons (Ice) -- front
Pterandon Flyers -- haven't tried yet
The Flying Unicorn -- any

USF:
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster - front

This last time at Universal I discovered something cool about one particular seat on Hulk.

The front row, the last seat on the right. After the initial launch, and the "twirl" (don't know the actual term) , there's that fall towads the ground, which quickly becomes the upward loop.

If your sitting in that seat, as you rush to the ground before the loop, for a couple of seconds, you see nothing but upside down ground. Because of the way the twirl turns the coaster, you see no track, or coaster, or person next to you, just the ground above you. For a few seconds, you feel like you're suspended in midair, by yourself.

Next time I'll be trying different seats on all the coasters to see if i get a similar effect else where.

-Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter