Your Favourite Guilty Please Ride

Shanbo

Mouseketeer
A lot of people seem to really dislike Stitch's Great Escape and I am in the minority of those that actually like that attraction.
I know it's bad, and I agree it should be changed completely.
I think the main reason I like it is because Alien Encounter was one the first rides I went on as a young kid and this is the closest to it to fuel my nostalgia.

Has anyone else got a ride that is universally hated but you like it even though you know it's bad?

It isn’t a ride, but Country Bear Jamboree. In my opinion, it’s funny. I have seen it many, many times and start laughing in anticipation of what’s coming. I hear that first out-of-tune note from Big Al’s guitar and I already have a smile on my face. Yes, it’s old and not politically correct, but I guess I’m just not sophisticated enough to dislike it.

Mission Space is actually my favorite ride at Disney World and I know most people loathe it. But its legitimately the ride I look forward to the most.

Its a combination of my love of space travel and my nostalgia. I went on it when I was kid, before I even know what a 'soft opening' was. Me and my family had no clue what we were walking into because it didn't officially open until a few days after we left.

We had an absolute blast! Its one of the few rides I've ever been completely blown away by because I had zero pre-conceived notions of what it was going to be like.

Mission Space is actually my favorite ride at Disney World and I know most people loathe it. But its legitimately the ride I look forward to the most.

Its a combination of my love of space travel and my nostalgia. I went on it when I was kid, before I even know what a 'soft opening' was. Me and my family had no clue what we were walking into because it didn't officially open until a few days after we left.

We had an absolute blast! Its one of the few rides I've ever been completely blown away by because I had zero pre-conceived notions of what it was going to be like.

I love this ride. Yes the overall concept is like a classic fairground ride on steroids, but the build up does make you feel like you are going into astronaut training.
I want more space themed things at EPCOT.

A lot of people seem to really dislike Stitch's Great Escape and I am in the minority of those that actually like that attraction.
I know it's bad, and I agree it should be changed completely.

I love Stitch. I don't think it's bad, nor do I agree it should be changed completely...updated, sure (the 90210 reference it old), but I still completely enjoy it.

I'm one who kinda likes everything, even Stitch. I mean, some stuff is better than others, but I've never hated anything. I can always find something to like.

I think my guilty pleasure might be Under the Sea: The Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studios. I love that show for some reason. I saw it as a kid, I think in the first year MGM was open (it was before ToT was online, built but not operating). I never want to miss that show, as dated and cheesy as it is.

I also love Mission: SPACE, mostly just to play with all the toggle switches and pretend I'm an astronaut.

The Enchanted Tiki Room and though it's not a ride....I love the buses! My sister and I both. I know, crazy!!

Tiki Room = No.

Buses = Yes!!!! I know its crazy, but I feel like a special guest when they're driving me to my favorite places, landing closer to the parks, than those that drive in ;)

Guilty Pleasure? Gran Fiesta was a good one - but I'm going to say - Muppets. Same darn movie, possibly falling apart - yet I laugh at all the inside jokes over and over again. Oh - might as well add the Frozen Sing Along to that too. :)

I do Country Bears and Tiki Room every trip, sometimes multiple times. I love the corniness of C Bears and the nostalgia of T Room, plus they are both sit downs and air conditioned.

Last edited:
In our six trips, I still haven't done Country Bears Jamboree, but I'll have to give it a try. My wife didn't like it at all.

I would say that the buses are something that don't bother me (even though I'm usually standing), but some people loathe them. They definitely seem to be a love/hate thing.

Dan

It's a Small World. When I was a kid, my mom made us go on it every trip. I thought it was sooooooo boring! She would take a million pictures every time we rode it and I thought she was crazy. Now I must be crazy, because I do the same thing! We have to go on it at least once a day on our trips, and I take a million pictures. I probably have at least one picture of every little thing on that ride. Luckily for me, DD15 still likes the ride.

Both Small World and Living with the Land. My DH and DS hate Small World, but humor us girls and agree to join us at least once every trip. On the other hand, I think the whole family humors my need to ride Living with the Land. I don't know why, but I just find that ride relaxing and find something new every time!

Buses = Yes!!!! I know its crazy, but I feel like a special guest when they're driving me to my favorite places, landing closer to the parks, than those that drive in ;)

We stay offsite, so I was only on a bus once...Christmas Day from TTC to MK. But if we're including things like that I'll add that I love the monorail. I'll ride the Epcot/MK monorail just for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts