Your included adds contain Malware

Yeah, the ads on here are atrocious. I don't really understand it. I don't use AdBlock anymore because it makes me feel guilty, but oddly, the Blur extension blocks 99% of the ads on here.

Got this ransomware malware:

Using Windows XP SP3 and Firefox 52.9.0 32 bit

Went to Community Board
Just above the bold heading "Community Board" and before the threads, there were a few approx one inch square icons with captions. I clicked on this one:
"Chilling pictures taken moments before ..."
A malware page spoofing "from Microsoft" with an audio message came up (paraphrased here), "We are downloading addresses and contacts out of your computer, call us to fix things."

I saw a description of this ransomware greeting on another (non-Disney) forum mentioning someone who, after a few more mouse clicks, got his computer disabled and locked up until he paid some money.

My suggestion for the system administrator -- Expunge it post haste in a manner analogous to seeing a weed plant in your garden, walking over, grabbing it, and yanking.

My suggestion for the user -- Kill the browser as it sits. Do not click anything in this window or the "fix it" popup box or "download" popup box if any. Immediately get the task manager (typically using Control Alt Del once). In the task manager select Processes tab near the top. Find your browser in the left column, click on it, and at the bottom of the task manager click Abort or End Task. Do an "okay" or "yes" in the little confirmation popup "ending a task may cause your system to malfunction" if that appears next. Repeat if your browser was listed more than once.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter