Your "Magic" Spot

Well I'm going to weigh in and one of my favorite spots is in Disneyland due to a couple of childhood family memories. One of my favorite childhood Disneyland pictures is of my sisters and I waiting for the Mark Twain Steamboat ride all in (matching short/shirt sets no less) taken in the early 70's. The Jungle Cruise at DL & WDW if you get a fun guide their is nothing like it, and of course New Orleans Square because of the Haunted Mansion :hmghost: and Pirates of the Caribbean pirate: . Two family favorites.

And finally when you check into your WDW resort and they say "Welcome Home," oh man am I home sick. :sad1:

What a refreshing thread....Thank you for the post!!!!

We also have many, but walking into the Magic Kingdom brings slight tears and goose bumps when I see Cinderella's castle for the first time on our trip. This happened to me the very first time we took the kids which was in 1985 and I still experience that "Magic" each and every trip. We have been there sooo many times and bought DVC in 1994 and the Magic is still there!!!!! Now that our kids are grown, WDW becomes our meeting place for all. Every one of us will be there this year for Mothers Day, and My 60th BD which is Thanksgiving week.....It is truly our home away from home. :rotfl: :love:

For me, the magic spot is Epcot at dusk, when the torches get lit.....and theres like 15 minutes til Illuminations and we've picked dessert and an after-dinner cocktail :woohoo: That is how I spend EVERY 1st night at WDW, because its my favorite magic spot and it really makes me feel like no other vacation has ever made me feel! :wizard:

It's Spaceship Earth for me... especially the part where you decend with the neon lights overhead. When DBF and I ride this (think it was probably more than 6 times on the last trip) we just become little kids again and get filled with the magic, we were both raised with Epcot loving parents. It's nice to be able to share the butterflies in my stomach feeling that ride gives me.

Mine is more like a ride. On splash Mountain when the boat first goes inside the mountain and during the laughin' place, it makes me feel like I don't have a job, or bills, or anything stressful going on in my life. There are so many magical places for me.

Also, I feel it in the morning, sitting on the balcony at our resort just soaking in all of the happiness.

sunset on the beach at the Polynesian
the boat launch at Ft. Wilderness
the entrance music at Epcot
right after the fireworks (both at Epcot and MK)
and-because we drive down every year- the first Disney billboards on I-95!

2004- CBR (we got engaged at the Poly!)
2005- AKL (honeymoon)
2006- WLV (anniversary)

When I was a child, WDW was basically the only place that we went just for fun. Most of our trips were somewhat educational or business in nature. (Washington DC, Williamsburg, Jamestown, Atlanta (the capitol), etc.) Though they really made every experience a learning one. My dad was a politician. I guess this is why I get this warm fuzzy feeling every time I'm in Liberty Square. There's a nice quite spot behind Ye Ol Christmas Shop that I love. Just the whole "land that I love" feeling gets me! :lovestruc

Standing along the fence (where we've been for a good hour), in EPCOT World Showcase...when the announcer for Illuminations "blows out" the torches. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH I get chills!

....just remembered another magic place for me....it is around the WS at EPCOT, but I cannot tell you exactly where, because the magical part of it is that I can sit there and see NOBODY, just watch the water in the lagoon. I did this on Dec 23, really crowded at EPCOT...but NOT A PERSON was in my quiet spot. I plopped myself down to sit, and called DH because I missed him.

When we approach the Contemporary Hotel with the view of Cinderella's Castle in the background, we know that we've arrived. We had actually honeymooned in 1981 at the Contemporary and it was the first time to Disney for both of us.

And, each trip is not complete if we don't spend some time at the Contemporary whether it's having dinner or just shopping there. It's so fun to watch the monorail zoom by while studying handpainted wall.

Hi again! We recently got back from a trip where I found another magic spot. I never realized I always spend some time in this spot in the AK (my favorite park). It's across from "Flights of Wonder", a sitting area with tables and chairs by the former boat landing. I love to spend some time there (it's shaded and relatively un-hot), sitting in a chair with my feet up, just gazring across the water, admiring the Tree of Life.

Cinderella Fountain behind the castle. I asked my wife to marry me at that exact spot, both us having made wishes for it about 3 years before. :love: :teeth:

PhillipV said:
Glad you like the topic!! I thought more people would respond. Guess we're the only ones who really feel the magic! :-)

We feel it! We feel it!

But, picking just one is tough for me... I definitely get it walking down Main Street for the first time on a trip. I also get it watching the Fountain of Nations dance to some pretty spectacular music in Epcot! And, in a very quiet, personal way, I really feel it early in the morning when I'm the first one up and I take that walk across the resort to fill my coffee mug - something very magical about the place when the day's just starting! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter