Your new neighbor has a name....

I have a bad feeling about this

I know most of us will agree with you!! Can't see anything on the positive side that will come to us FW campers. Over run with people invading the camping areas wondering how we lowly campers can possible afford Disney! :D More noise, more foot traffic, definitely probably needing ADRs for Trails End - which I have 'never' once had to do. At this time, can not see any pros to getting new neighbors. :sad:

Yep North of Mouse I agree, its like the new sidewalk thats being installed at the back entrance gate near the overflow lot from Golden Oak and the 4 Seasons into the Fort. It will be a gated sidewalk that lets the GO and 4S guests into the fort but not the Fort guests into GO and 4S. There will probably be something like that at the Settlement for the Reflections guests.

Halloween night just got more crowded. I can only imagine the folks using Reflections (stupid name) as launching point to trick or treat the campsites.

For the most part it shouldn't affect us as far as our campsites go. The restaurants on the other hand...probably gonna be much worse.

Yeah it looks like it will come into the eastern end of Big Pine Trail after it goes past 2100 then 2000. Which means it will cross the walking path to WL.

Bama Ed

Entering the resort from that direction would be good for the Fort. I wish Disney would go to structured parking to minimize their development footprint. I know they have ridiculous amounts of land and the cost is higher but it’s so much better for the environment, feelings of openness. There are beautiful parking garages (for garages :) ) nowadays.

I think it could be a nice addition to the area if they do it right. I enjoy resort hopping, and this could be a nice place to stroll through between Ft Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge. I also assume that it will have restaurants and lounges, which could provide some other nice dining options. I can picture some nice waterfront dining, or a covered bar area by the lake, where I would enjoy having an appetizer and a cocktail.

I just hope they will continue the mountain lodge aesthetic of Wilderness Lodge and not build a generic hotel tower (which seems to be their trend lately).

You Tube video taken during a fireworks cruise - bear with it to the point where the boat captain talks about the new resort - taking over most of the FW beach. About the 5:30 mark.

I forget. Where is boat pilot compared to bus driver on the credibility scale?

From what has been posted up to now, it looks like Reflections will be positioned around the small peninsula towards WL. This would leave the Fort beach as is. In the screen shot below, I marked the Fort beach and highlighted the shoreline where prior drawings and speculation have placed the new resort. That little bit of land that sticks out should hide the Fort beach from Reflections the same way it mostly hid River Country from the Fort.

Fort beach.jpg

j

Several reports have indicated that the "viewed" plans show it encroaching heavily on the beach at FW. Nothing I've seen personally.

Boat captains are located between the guy who carries the big bundle of balloons on Main Street and the girl bathing the horses at FW.

All speculation of course but you can't deny the survey stakes that the locals are seeing popping up all over the Settlement and the Marina/Beach like spring flowers. Tripped all over them last week-LOL!

Encroaching on the beach is really making a statement by Disney about FW. You can't deny it.

It's entirely possible that the stakes around the beach are being used as grade markers. If I'm not mistaken, the original press release said resort "would have view of MK and Fireworks.
If the resort was placed more towards Fort beach area, Discovery Island would block the view. Only time will tell, fingers crossed they don't screw up The Fort beach

It's entirely possible that the stakes around the beach are being used as grade markers. If I'm not mistaken, the original press release said resort "would have view of MK and Fireworks.
If the resort was placed more towards Fort beach area, Discovery Island would block the view. Only time will tell, fingers crossed they don't screw up The Fort beach

Lets see, a Deluxe Resort vs the campground....yep, beach infringement probably not high on the list of concerns. If we are lucky the boat will still stop at the Fort.

It's entirely possible that the stakes around the beach are being used as grade markers.
The photo below was from a permit filed about a year ago for core samples. The blue line at the top goes right to the edge of the Fort beach. The majority of the markers are towards the old RC site and along the shore past the peninsula I noted above.

I still haven't seen anything to indicate taking the existing Fort beach. There may be some temporary impact during construction, but I just don't see them positioning the resort so it would need to take anything from the Fort beach.

river-country-permit.jpg

j

The photo below was from a permit filed about a year ago for core samples. The blue line at the top goes right to the edge of the Fort beach. The majority of the markers are towards the old RC site and along the shore past the peninsula I noted above.

I still haven't seen anything to indicate taking the existing Fort beach. There may be some temporary impact during construction, but I just don't see them positioning the resort so it would need to take anything from the Fort beach.

View attachment 385741

j

That's what I got my fingers crossed for Jim. Time will tell.

Glad I got the picks in October behind TE and PH. I always liked that area, quiet.

Just to clarify (for future reference, of course) where on the hierarchy are Dis Board posters?
In all fairness, several of the Fort disboard posters do know the Fort better than even most Fort employees. Construction documents, eyewitness accounts, and thorough knowledge of the area lead to very informed conclusions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts