Your opinion on current airfare prices?

karen1987

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are looking to book our first visit to DLR and we'll be travelling from Auckland to LAX for a 2-3 week DLR and West USA holiday in September/October 2016.

I see the current airfares for that period from AKL-LAX are ~ NZ$2400 for 2 adults/return. That rate is based on sale prices, with Qantas, or ~ NZ$2600 with Air NZ.

Should be hold out for a better sale? Or are these good prices?

Thanks for your help!

The best LAX deals I've usually seen (from SYD, don't know about AKL) have been $999ish with Virgin Australia. Therefore, $1200 each is probably a good deal. Often it also depends on dates and paying a little extra for the better times etc depending on whether you have choices of connections. Good luck deciding.

I'm not sure about NZ, but end of September in Australia is school holidays and that bumps the prices up a bit.

In saying that, we have flights book from Sept 15- Oct 6 from MEL-Toronto for $1300/person. That's the cheapest I've ever paid to get to Toronto.

The prices for the last few months have been very good. Can't really comment on airfares from New Zealand, but they sound good. :)

We got tickets last year for less than $1000 return with Qantas from Auckland (going Sept-Oct). We go via Brisbane. This was before the direct Auckland LAX flights were announced. I think the prices sound good and you will have a much quicker flight time than us!

Look at Qantas at the moment - $799 Auckland to LA - travel between 15 Oct and 15 December. Sale until 1 April. Apparently AirNZ is likely to follow! It is just after the school holidays in NZ.

Look at Qantas at the moment - $799 Auckland to LA - travel between 15 Oct and 15 December. Sale until 1 April. Apparently AirNZ is likely to follow! It is just after the school holidays in NZ.

Yeah, I saw that! We may end up booking in the next 24 hours :cool1: But even if we don't, the Air NZ monopoly for that route is going to be rocked!

Given that the end of Sept through the beginning of Oct is holidays in Australia, I would say that those are good prices. They generally only go up. My DD and I are traveling to the States then too. We managed $1500 each to travel from Canberra, Sydney, LAX, Portland and back (stopping in LA for a few days to do Disneyland, of course). Booked those two months ago..already the cost has increased by $250 each.

Just booked :thumbsup2 Flying with American Airlines on Sunday 16th October AKL-LAX and returning Wednesday 2nd November LAX-AKL (landing on Friday 4th November) for a total of NZ$1685 (NZ$842 each)! Very happy with that!

Now let the planning for Disneyland commence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter