Your Opinion: Studio Vs 1 Bedroom

I'll agree with most everyone else. I LOVE a 1BR, but WILL stay in a studio, if need be. It just depends on who is going, length of trip, etc. That's the BLISS of DVC, the flexibility! :thumbsup2

It's just my husband and myself, and most of the time we stay in a studio. I often take my sister and nephew. About every 12-18 months. When he was 5 we did 8 nights in a studio plus at BWV, which was great, as he could sleep on the "daybed thing" and my sister and I had the queen, and we never had to open the sofa. When it's just me and husband we, of course, don't need to open the sofa. If you don't need the sofabed, the studio feels pretty large. Last year was a big family trip and we had 6 of us in a 2BR at VWL. That was great. :cheer2:

We just got back last week, myself, sister and nephew, now age 8, from a studio at BCV. This time we needed to open up that sofabed. Uh, the room got small really quick! Now that nephew is older, we might be doing 1BRs for the 3 of us, and just studios when it's just hubby and me.

I don't find it HARD to go back to a studio, but don't think I'd do it anymore for more than 2 people. Guess I'm spoiled. :rolleyes:

I am very spoiled by the 1 bedrooms. It's just my dh and I and we love having all the space and a large fridge for snicky snacks and drinks. :thumbsup2

You'll find the change from a BWV studio to a BWV 1-B/R like night and day.

Also, definitely plan a trip sometime in the future to stay at an OKW 1-B/R. Those 1-B/R units, when compared to the other DVC resorts' 1-B/R units, are again, like night and day. :sunny:

Then, when you're really ready to be spoiled, try out any of the GV's at OKW, SSR, or BWV. They're all great. The GV's at BWV that are on a single floor have an enormous open air room.

For us now we stay in studios. We get to go more with our 200 points. The more I can go the better for me.

NJOYURLIFE said:
I agree that once you upgrade that it can be difficult to go back. I also think that "downgrading" can be easy when you want to save on points.

I agree. Its your personal discipline and budget you need to know - not other peoples. If you LOVE it and won't go back, your choices will be to go less often or for shorter stays, go at a less expensive time of year, or buy more points. If these aren't options for you, you'll go back to a studio.

We love our DVC one bedrooms, but we stayed in a regular hotel room last weekend (not at Disney) and it was fine. DVC living hasn't spoiled us for all experiences - thank God! I wouldn't be able to afford to cruise if we needed the kids in a different room.

I can't say that we would not go back to a studio, but the 1 bedrooms are just that much nicer. As you would imagine, they are more comfortable, obviously bigger, and feel more like home. The studio's are fine, especially if it is just my wife and I. Now that we have a daughter, we want the extra space that a 1 bedroom has to offer.

Eric

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter