Your Opinion; Universal or Seaworld

Tapp

Earning My Ears
I'll be in Orlando in October. I'm staying at Universal PBR and will have 2 full days outside of Disney (staying there for the remainder of the vacation). I have 3 boys (17, 8, and 5) first time at the parks. My choice is 2 days at Universal/IOA or 1 day Universal, 1 day Seaworld. Opinions??? Thanks!!!

If Harry Potter is your thing (As it is mine and millions of others) definitely do IOA. And even if you don't know anything about Harry Potter, you'll still have a magical time there. I visit the parks at least once monthly, and I always have a great time at the Universal parks.

If you like to watch aquatic life, and a whale jump in a pool, do Sea World for a day. Hahahaha.

My vote easily goes for Uni & IOA.

We are spending our vacation at Disney and Universal as well - if I were staying at PBR, I would spend the 2 days at Universal whilst I was up there, no question. Depends how many days you are doing in Disney - would spending a day at Seaworld work for you in the days you are staying down there? - that's what we are doing and Seaworld is pretty easy to get to from Disney, even without a car.

I asked my friends before I went last year and they all said Seaworld. WRONG ANSWER. My DS3 & I hated it (didn't help that that was when Shamu killed his trainer). We were kind of bored there even before everything shut down because of the accident. We loved Universal. We're going back again this year! :cool1: I think boys especially would love Universal more!

I would choose not to do Seaworld.

Have 2 full days for US/IOA and take advantage of the Unlimited Express Pass, and enjoy the resort itself.

You`ll have a great time :thumbsup2

I'd choose just Universal as well. It will be cheaper to do two days there instead of one day there and one day at SeaWorld as well.

Universal/IOA are very much boys' parks. Between the superheroes, dinosaurs, Simpsons, sharks, aliens, comic book characters, motorcycles, mummies, ogres, natural disasters and great rides...you really can't go wrong. Not a lot of princesses going on.

I'm so glad to hear your opinions! It helps me out a lot. My wife is the animal lover and I think she would like to do Seaworld but she is open to hearing about Universal so I may have to sell her a little. I'm really leaning toward the Universal 2 day pass myself. I've got 5 days in Disney and I'm not leaving; only to come home. Thanks all!

Personally, I like Seaworld but I'd go for Universal too. You can see lots of animals at Animal Kingdom and the Living Seas in Epcot.

Definitey Universal!!!!! You get early entry, express pass, and you don't have to drive anywhere. You can go back to the resort and rest if needed during the day since it is so close to the parks. Just like staying at Disney and not leaving is fun, so is staying at Universal. Especially with all the perks!
Seaworld is okay, but an easy park to skip as far as my family is concerned, kind of boring. The Shamu show and the Clyde and Seamore shows are really good, but otherwise ....
Stay at Universal and enjoy the closeness of the hotel to the parks and the early entry and express pass. That's my vote!

It depends on what you like, of course. Now me (I love SeaWorld and so does my whole family. It's our favorite Orlando park), so we'd do one day at SeaWorld and one at Universal. SeaWorld is such a beautiful park -- wonderful shows and animal exhibits, two great coasters for a nice diversion, just a great day.

So many great choices in Orlando -- It's always a matter of picking and choosing.

We really like Seaworld, but staying onsite at Universal is awesome! Take full advantage of the great location and all the perks. You can enjoy Citywalk as well as the 2 theme parks. The Blueman group as well.

Seaworld is one of my family's favorite parks, that and Discovery Cove are just awesome but with only 2 days it seems like you'd be cramming alot in and missing stuff at all the parks. Do Universal this time and save time for Seaworld next time...it really is a great park.

Seaworld is great. We try to do it every time, or every other trip at least. But you are comparing apples and oranges. I think with the scenario you laid out, I would definitely pick IOA. Seaworld is one of those things that is not a total must see, but is a lot of fun. Do it next time...

Thanks again everyone! Yeah, I broke the news to the wife last night that the forum consensus is Universal all the way. She was not happy but understands the reasoning. Now if I could just get Disney dinner reservations done I'll be on my way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter