Your Reviews on RECENT Mousekeeping

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
I'm in a few Disney groups on Facebook and of course frequent the Trip Reports board. I have been hearing some less than stellar reviews of mousekeeping services as of late.
Can anyone share how their service has been lately? And maybe if you're a frequent visitor, if you have noticed a decline in quality?

We certainly noticed it last summer. They were super late cleaning our room several days, they didn’t empty the trash for two days, and I don’t think they swept the bathroom floor the entire time we were there. :scared: Also, getting our toiletries was hit or miss. We’d get some, but not all, or none at all one day. It was weird.
We’re going again in a couple months, so we’ll see then.

We've been to WDW 6 times since December 2018 and I haven't noticed any decline (all deluxe hotels but a different one each trip).

The last three times we've stayed deluxe (August, November, and January at CR, AKL, BC) the mousekeeping has been great and I have zero complaints. The mousekeeping at the values and the moderates has been not-so-great the last two times we've stayed (POR and AS Movies). So much so, I'd rather forgo the mousekeeping and get the gift card so I don't have to bother with it.

We've been going every 4 to 6 weeks for 3, 4 years.
Our rooms are as clean today as they were on our first trip.
We stay a mixture of Mod and Deluxe, mostly Deluxe, CL
but not every time.
Quality of service does not vary based on level of resort.

That said, it's almost always misleading to read reviews. Almost everyone complains when something is bad but almost no one reports that all is well, that everything was as it should be. Skews results drastically

Last edited:

I put in a short stay most months and then a bigger family trip once a year. I usually stay at POR but sometimes we end up in a deluxe. It did seem like there was a sharp drop in the level of attention a few years back but in the last year or so I haven't seen anything to base a pattern on. Every now and again we'll have a stay and the MouseKeeping is less than stellar. Rarer still is it altogether bad. Maybe two or three times in the last two years or so?

Let management know, politely, that they aren't measuring up.

Stayed at poly last July no complaints. Year before that POR and AOA no complaints.

Stayed at WL over Thanksgiving with 2 connecting rooms and they kept leaving the pile of dirty towels on the floor each day. I never said anything about it because they had to fix the toilet on our first day and they were really fast about fixing that and left a handwritten note with a box of chocolates and fresh fruit in our room afterwards. So I would just put the towels in the hall each day and they would be gone later.

Well. Lately we use the gift card option to opt out. However. Last time we used mousekeeping was 2016. It was superb.

We stayed at all star music last August and had really poor mousekeeping. It was totally different to all our other stays. I had declined the gift card option and regretted it. I hope it’s a one off, it’s the only time it’s been bad in the last 11 stays usually it’s fine.

I've not noticed a decline. I have noticed that some housekeeping cast members just seem to go above and beyond. At one trip to BWI, Nena on the 4th floor CL area did an exceptional job, evening tidying up the charging cables with little twisty doodads. She was really, really good at her job. At a subsequent stay (another BWI CL stay), I had someone else. She did an acceptable job but wasn't as good as Nena.

What I have noticed over the years is a steady decline in amenities. They don't even leave a little notepad and pen anymore! I always have to ask for some so I can leave a note for housekeeping.

I've not noticed a decline. I have noticed that some housekeeping cast members just seem to go above and beyond. At one trip to BWI, Nena on the 4th floor CL area did an exceptional job, evening tidying up the charging cables with little twisty doodads. She was really, really good at her job. At a subsequent stay (another BWI CL stay), I had someone else. She did an acceptable job but wasn't as good as Nena.

What I have noticed over the years is a steady decline in amenities. They don't even leave a little notepad and pen anymore! I always have to ask for some so I can leave a note for housekeeping.
I still have all those twisty doo-dads she leaves! Just tied up the charging cable in my car with one yesterday. I love her too.

Had a meh experience at ASMo in Dec 2018. Same trip I declined at POR which I shouldn't have done (and the few times I saw the housekeeper in our area she seemed very attentive). I had a good experience at AOA this past December. The housekeeper used some decorations we'd brought (for our FW golf cart rental) and placed them around the room - the kids loved it. The only downside was that the cleaning products left a strong bleach scent behind. Luckily we're not sensitive to such a scent - it was just a bit unpleasant to walk into the room and be hit by bleach scent. I was happy to know things were getting well cleaned (cold and flu season) but it sure did linger.

We were at PORS last week, 4 nights. Had housekeeping each day, and they did a great job. Even got towel animals each day, and the they even made a bow out of the extra blanket we had on our bed!
We are a party of two, and we tip $5 per day for housekeeping.

We usually stay DVC, so it has actually been quite some time since we've had housekeeping. Was offered the ability to take the gift card in lieu of the housekeeping during online check in, but this was a rest & relaxation trip for us, and we appreciated having the housekeeping.

We were also at a Sapphire Falls for a few nights, for what it is worth, housekeeping fine over there as well.

I've opted out of Mousekeeping our last few trips but one night last year we returned to a room that had been cleaned, my dd's stuffed animals displayed and it was beautiful and clean! What a treat! Based on that experience (at Pop) and the state of our room when we checked in, I have nothing but high praise for the mousekeeping service.

I’ve had four trips in the past 15 months and have not had any issues... very clean rooms, nice notes from Mousekeepers, plenty of toiletries. I recommend not worrying about it too much; like a previous poster said, most reviews are complaints so they are on the whole skewed to the negative. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!