Your thoughts on May 5-12 or 12-19,2007???

hilaryjudsong

Mouseketeer
I am looking for some feedback on weather, crowd level, and waiting times. I had heard conflicting reports on the 2 weeks. Mother's Day is May 13. Any information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. WE are surprising our DD's ages 8,3. Happy Holidays!

:goodvibes

We are going May 2-9, 2007. The crowd levels look pretty good. We were there two years ago at the same time and we had very little waiting to do. The weather was great but it did rain a bit. I would suggest you check out ***************** and have a look at his crowd levels, also which park which day guides. I've found the info there to be very useful. Good luck!

Two very different times of the year. May will have higher temperatures (hot) that makes swimming possible. December may be warm during the day and will get quite cool at night. Temps are very difficult to predict. One week in February we were blessed with 80 degree temps. The average monthly rainfall is slightly higher in May than December. May 12 is also right in the middle of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival if that is of interest to you. This may bring the crowd levels up a bit, but not to the levels you will see in December as you get closer and closer to Christmas. Just prior to Christmas and throughout the school break, the park hours are usually extended. Christmas is a very magical time to be at Disney. You will not be disappointed. However, if you are looking for less people and summer like weather, I would suggest a May visit. :sunny:

Thank you all for your input. I think we will stick with May 12-19. I would love to see the Flower and Garden show!

hilaryjudsong said:
Thank you all for your input. I think we will stick with May 12-19. I would love to see the Flower and Garden show!

That's right around the time of year when we are heading there. I'm very excited to see the Flower & Garden show :)

Home Boss loves the Flower & Garden Show
We will see you there May 6th to the 17th

We usually go in May now that we have kids (use to go beginning of Nov).
May the parks are not as crowded and the weather is great. This will be the last year I can get away with taking my oldest out of school. I will have to start going in August after that.

We went over Mother's Day this past May. Mother's Day was our 2nd day of 7. We did not find it to be very crowded. We roughly followed the UG touring plans and really didn't have any long waits. Later in the days, some rides did have long wait times posted, but we would just go on something different and come back and generally didn't wait longer than 15 minutes for everything (other than Soarin', we did fast pass for this one and at times waited 20 min in the fast pass line!). In fact, our DS's favorite was IASW which we were (fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you feel about the song!) able to literally walk on to over and over on multiple different days.
The flower festival was nice but not quite what I thought it would be - I thought there would be more to see. We also just caught Star Wars weekends and were able to see the Star Wars parade and some of the other features at MGM for this. This was awesome for us as we are huge SW fans. :darth:
The weather was quite nice. We had one day during which it rained the whole morning and afternoon - we went to AK that day and it was totally empty - we walked right up to the characters at Camp MinnieMickey. Our very last day it was really hot - probably low 90's, but all the other days the temperatures were reasonable (80's) and the sun was shining. :sunny:

We went the first week in May, this past May. The weather was very nice, and the crowds were a little more than the week after Thanksgiving, but not bad at all. It was so nice to be out on the boardwalk at night.

We did 5/5 to 5/14 last year (2006). Weather and crowds were just right, warm, little rain and short or no waits.

We booked the same for this coming year!

Well it looks like there is going to be a Pirates event 5/21-23 now just prior to memorial day. You may want to keep that in mind should that be something of interest to you.

ottawamom said:
We are going May 2-9, 2007. The crowd levels look pretty good. We were there two years ago at the same time and we had very little waiting to do. The weather was great but it did rain a bit. I would suggest you check out ***************** and have a look at his crowd levels, also which park which day guides. I've found the info there to be very useful. Good luck!
The UG website no longer gives crowd level prediction info for free. It's only available on the website for the coming 30 days, and access to crowd prediction info beyond that is limited to website paid subscribers and owners of the 2007 UG.

Stinks for us, but I can completely understand the decision to go that way.

thank you all for your thoughts and ideas. We have decided on May 12-19. The DD's are very excited, they found out on Christmas. We did a scavenger hunt. Now, we can all plan together. Best wishes in the New Year!

We were there 05/05-05/09/05 which was over MD weekend. All went well and my children were thrilled to give me MD pins for my lanyard (I bought them and slipped them to DH!).:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter