Your thoughts on switching at 7 month mark

Reddog1134

DIS Veteran
We're currently booked for 9 nights at AKV but want to switch to 10 nights at OKW. We are going in December so we can't change our reservation until May.

Since we DO NOT want to do a split stay, do you think our best option is to call 3 days after the 7 month mark?

That way we can book all 10 days at once and not have to worry about later days being unavailable after we've already switched the earlier days.

I think booking 3 days into your dates is a good idea. I wouldn't think you would have an issue though changing to OKW unless it is a Grand Villa. I'm not sure when your dates are in December are. The dates around Christmas and New Year's Eve are when the reservations get more difficult.

Yes, I did the exact same thing , switching from SSR to OKW at 7mnths and 3 days. There was plenty of availablity for my 2bdrm and they gave me the HH area but I'm in Jan. which is a bit slower time. Good luck.

As was said before, I doubt you'll have any problem doing that unless it's a GV (which you said it's not) and/or during the last 2 weeks of the year - Xmas week/ New Years Week.

I think your plan is sound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter