Your thoughts on WDW in October??

kid@heart-karen

Mouseketeer
It looks like my trip might be moved to around 15th to 22 ish of October. What are the crowds like?? Any codes or ap discounts or other discounts come up for that time?? Weather?? Any other tips you can think of ??TIA :wave:

Hi. We were there October 2003 (4th-11th). It was more crowded than I expected. However, the Mission Space opening, and Wishes fireworks started that week, so I'm sure that had someting to do with it. The Halloween party, is more and more popular every year, so that also adds to the crowds.

The weather was great. No sunburns, but plenty warm.

Have fun. :flower:

We were there during Columbus Day weekend this year and it wasn't that bad, crowd wise. I suppose its probably more crowded than it is during the first week that schools are back in session ... however, I'm quite certain it was far lighter than the crowds during spring break!

The weather was great, too. One day of rain and we managed the parks in the rain!

We were also there Columbus Day weekend and plan to be there again this year. It was great--warm weather, I thought the crowds were fine--and yes, we braved the one day of rain, too! (I think it was Monday?)

You will love going in October. If there is a Friday MNSSHP while you are there, it will be busy, but the rest should be very do-able. Enjoy!

we are also planning a trip for that week. Oct. 15-22. Just curious as to the temp, especially at night. How warm do I need to pack? Has anyone ever got a room only code for that time?

my3princes said:
we are also planning a trip for that week. Oct. 15-22. Just curious as to the temp, especially at night. How warm do I need to pack? Has anyone ever got a room only code for that time?

Weather can be cool, but not usually cold. We wore shorts during the day and jeans at night, and sometimes needed sweaters or sweatshirts at nights.

Room codes should be available for that time, but probably won't come out till early summer. Book the room now with no code, then call back when the codes come out and request the discount be added to your reservation.

Not trying to hijack the thread,
but can anyone familiar w/October
tell me how "Halloweenish" WDW is,
I guess specifically MK?
I mean, are there decorations up from
the 1st thru the 31st?
Are the characters dressed in their Halloween costumes?
(Like Tigger having vampire teeth, etc.)
Just wondering...

October is our favorite time of the year to go! :love: We love October at WDW. The weather is perfect, low to mid 80's during the day, low 70's at night, it is NOT a rainy month. Crowds are Moderate. Epcot has the food & wine festival going on & MK has certain nights where they have a Halloween party. I think it's called Mickey's very scary Halloween party or something like that. You have to buy tickets to attend. The park is totally converted into a halloween theme, scary music, costumes, trick or treating & of course the parade. It's awesome!! :cheer2:

Oct. 2004 SSR
Aug. 2003 BWV
Oct. 2002 All Star Sports/BCV
March 2001 All Star Sports

We were there in mid-October 2002. Loved the Halloween Party! Loved it so much, we did it twice! My daughter still talks about it. CMs told us there are more characters in the park during the party than at any other time. Boy, were they correct. The witch from Snow White handed my daughter an apple! The Headless Horseman rides down Main St. at the start of the parade. It was great!

We were there this past October 23-31st, and it turned out to be my favorite time to visit! The weather is nice, crowds not bad at all, and MNNSHP was wonderful! The parade, trick or treating, fireworks, and the whole atmosphere is not to be missed. At the same time, Epcot was having its Food and Wine Festival, with wonderful foods, and great entertaiment. I highly recommend WDW in October!

luvthatduke said:
Not trying to hijack the thread,
but can anyone familiar w/October
tell me how "Halloweenish" WDW is,
I guess specifically MK?
I mean, are there decorations up from
the 1st thru the 31st?
Are the characters dressed in their Halloween costumes?
(Like Tigger having vampire teeth, etc.)
Just wondering...

During the day the park has a fall theme in places, but not Halloween. I remember seeing corn stalks and stuff like that. At night, some of the characters are dressed up, like the Pooh chracters, but not all of them.

I have to highly recommend the MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party). DS had a blast! Even at age 8, he's still timid about things popping up and out at him, so this was perfect ... no scary hobgoblins to pop out at him!

He loved dancing w/the DJ near Space Mountain, trick or treating and seeing the characters, esp. those in the parade. Of course, riding all the rides was incredible!

As for daytime decorations ... there are hay bales, pumpkins and corn stalks located all over the place, inc. pumpkins and decor in the store windows. As you enter Toon Town, there are two huge Mickey carved fiberglass (I guess!) pumpkins that are darling to take photos against!

But, for as long as I live, I will never forget the MNSSHP! It was a great time for all of us!

And, wanting to second the Food & Wine Festival over at EPCOT! We all had a blast tasting and nibbling our way through EPCOT. Something I'd love to do again, too!

Chamonix - we were def. there the same time -- it was Mon. that it rained!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter