Your whine of the day...

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
I don’t know about y’all but sometimes I just feel like whining but don’t want to annoy my IRL friends and family. Well here’s your space to whine, the pettier the better.

I’ll start. I’m recovering from knee surgery and the cane I had to buy today to wean myself off my walker makes me feel old. I also am tired of sleeping on my back and want to sleep on my side again. Waaaah!!!!!! :sad2:

Let’s hear it. popcorn::

I have quite a few today so which one sounds the whineiest?

Ok- anytime "we" give my FIL a gift, he says, "thank you (DH's name)!"

Uh hello? I bought your gift AND wrapped it. It's from BOTH of us.

It will never change. He's a super nice man but this really irritates me. Even if both of our name's are on the card.

Edited to say: I hope your surgery recovery goes well:flower3:

Last edited:
That would piss me off too. I like getting a thank you for gifts. That’s why my dh and I give the best gifts on Christmas, not Santa. I want credit darn it for that huge Lego firehouse set I got DS6 for Christmas for more than half off. I never buy him such huge sets because they normally cost too much

I have quite a few today so which one sounds the whineiest?

Ok- anytime "we" give my FIL a gift, he says, "thank you (DH's name)!"

Uh hello? I bought your gift AND wrapped it. It's from BOTH of us.

It will never change. He's a super nice man but this really irritates me. Even if both of our name's are on the card.

Edited to say: I hope your surgery recovery goes well:flower3:

My dmil always did that. It use to tick me off. She would make a big deal thanking him, even though she knew he had no idea what we got her.

My whine is I am cold and not ready for winter.

It's my birthday and I am spending it waiting on repair guys to come fix my heat (warranty issue) and then trekking to the car dealer becuawe we got a flat last night and it turns out two of the winter tires they put on are defective.
Yesw, I would like some cheese with my whine. Thank you

I have 3 families that I'm obligated to entertain at holidays (we have the only granchild on all 3 sides). This year, two of them have scheduled their events only on Christmas Eve. Boxing Day is a work day for both DH and I, and I'm "on call" on Christmas Eve eve, so I can't even offer to host a separate event. So now I'm going to tick off one or the other of DH's families. And somehow, I'm the one who's going to get guilt tripped! DH could care less!

My petty whine of the morning - I've been sick on and off for over a month. My boss told me yesterday that I could work from home today if I wanted so I could get some extra rest to try and kick my cold, but I always feel back accepting as only her and the managers typically have access to work from home and I also only have like 30 minutes worth of work I could actually do from home. Now that I'm waking up and getting ready for work, I'm really wishing I would have brought my laptop home with me and didn't have to change out of my pjs.

It's my birthday and I am spending it waiting on repair guys to come fix my heat (warranty issue) and then trekking to the car dealer becuawe we got a flat last night and it turns out two of the winter tires they put on are defective.
Yesw, I would like some cheese with my whine. Thank you
Happy Birthday Hadley! :cake:

I am a teacher and generally our Christmas break is a full two weeks - we go to school through a Friday and then we go back on Monday two weeks later. This year, we are getting shorted by 3 days. We go to school through Tuesday the 19th and we go back on the 2nd. So, we are only off 9 week days and we are shorted a weekend attached.

I don’t know about y’all but sometimes I just feel like whining but don’t want to annoy my IRL friends and family. Well here’s your space to whine, the pettier the better.

I’ll start. I’m recovering from knee surgery and the cane I had to buy today to wean myself off my walker makes me feel old. I also am tired of sleeping on my back and want to sleep on my side again. Waaaah!!!!!! :sad2:

Let’s hear it. popcorn::
I'm a mom & teacher, & most districts (including my son's) in my area are having no school or late start for icy roads. My district is having normal hours.:sad:

I'm cold, I'm tired, I have to go to work.

My house is a wreck, my foot hurts (and no, despite what the podiatrist says I can't stay off of it).

We still have a week and 2 business days to go until christmas break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter