You're going there AGAIN!?!

i got this question and nasty comments and stares when i just went on my first ever solo trip. i went to florida 3 times last year and though i got comments, no one said anything because i was taking the kids, or my sister, or my mom. the minute i decided to go alone, it was taboo. i got comments like "you are a single girl, what are you doing going there, go to an island or something more adult?" ---- "come on...why would you go there, don't you have a man or friends to travel with somewhere more fitting?" --- and my favorite was "with the kids okay, but by yourself, why, why, why?"

i want to go next month and get another trip in before my annual pass expires but i too have let family and co-workers get to me and am considering keeping it a secret until the last minute.

Did you put your dates in because we know you're going to disney AGAIN. I say "yes I am and my dates will be in tomorrow". They all wonder how I can afford it with 3 kids being a single mother. I have my ways and it motivates me to not buy dumb stuff and let my bill become things I need to catch up on with my tax refund. I pay for the majority of my trip with my taxes and do the spending money throughout the year. I manage and every year I squeeze out a little more. This year we are going for 30 days, no I can not afford to stay on-site that long :goodvibes ,I wish, but we get in our fun. Howard Johnsons MGE-6 nights, nick-3 nights, Pop Century-7nights and back to HoJo MGE for 11 nights. I hear "WOW YOUR SO LUCKY", Nope I don't think so, I'm thrifty because I love the Mouse and the magic. They ought to try it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :wizard:

Candice30 said:
i got this question and nasty comments and stares when i just went on my first ever solo trip. i went to florida 3 times last year and though i got comments, no one said anything because i was taking the kids, or my sister, or my mom. the minute i decided to go alone, it was taboo. i got comments like "you are a single girl, what are you doing going there, go to an island or something more adult?" ---- "come on...why would you go there, don't you have a man or friends to travel with somewhere more fitting?" --- and my favorite was "with the kids okay, but by yourself, why, why, why?"

i want to go next month and get another trip in before my annual pass expires but i too have let family and co-workers get to me and am considering keeping it a secret until the last minute.

It would seem that they would be happy that you are going to place where you can have fun that you really enjoy and it is still relatively safe for single people compared to "islands". :confused3

This trip I am telling them:

5 nights / 6 days
$120 per day per person includes
Parkhopper tickets
magic express service
resort stay
dining package
and Airfare!

That is why we are gong back after only 5 months, and during the august heat!

Mikeeee

We hear that all the time... My response is to :teeth: and say yes, we've tried other vacations but in MHO WDW is the best! :goodvibes :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I haven't told anyone except my boss that I am going back. I was just there in March with my two dd's. I had to leave DH at home. November is "our" trip for our 15th anniversary.

I have a friend who just laughs at me whenever I say I am doing a Disney Cruise or DW......she would rather be on an exotic island or in New York with her DH. To each their own, but don't try to make me feel bad for enjoying DW so much. It is so magical. My dh and I went 15 years ago for our honeymoon. We have taken our dd's a lot. This will be our first trip without them and I plan on having a magical time! :banana:

Unfortunately my biggest Disney opposition is my DBF. He cannot even begin to understand how much magic is packed into WDW for me, and refuses to try. I've been with him for 4 years and living with him for 3 and it is a constant slew of jibes and teasing even when he sees me on the DIS. I will never ever try to take him with me to WDW because I know he would spoil the magic for me. Its sad, but at least I have a fellow Disney nut in my mom!

My mom, who was the one who fed the Disney obsession by always telling us how she had a lifelong dream of seeing Disneyland after having watched the show growing up and how she felt that her life wouldn't be complete until she went, now will make comments like, "Those new kitchen cabinets cost the same as your trip to Disney World". Now, I don't know if she's been shopping lately, but there are no kitchen cabinets on earth that cost the same as our trip. Maybe one cabinet. She was the one who made sure we went to Disneyland three times growing up and who wanted to come with us on our DCL cruise last year. She's very practical, though, in her defense, and WDW is spendy.

We're lucky to have friends and co-workers who are just as obsessed as we are, though. I've told the story of our friends who were married on PotC on these boards before.

Princess Mindy said:
Unfortunately my biggest Disney opposition is my DBF. He cannot even begin to understand how much magic is packed into WDW for me, and refuses to try. I've been with him for 4 years and living with him for 3 and it is a constant slew of jibes and teasing even when he sees me on the DIS. I will never ever try to take him with me to WDW because I know he would spoil the magic for me. Its sad, but at least I have a fellow Disney nut in my mom!

You may be surprised. On our first trip, I really wasn't looking forward to it. I went because my DW really wanted to go. The minute we walked into the park i was hooked. I left saying, "if i can ever afford DVC, I'm gonna do it" Well we now can and we did the minute we could ;) . Now I drive my wife crazy about going back. There's just something about that place that brings out the kid in the toughest skinned people :)

I am 51 years young and my husband and I love Disney. We will be married 13 years this Sunday and have been going two-four times a year since our honeymoon ( I am having withdrawal cause we cannot go over our anniversary this year). We love the rides, the parks, the restaurants, sitting at the pool,the Disney cruise, Castaway Cay, Disneyland ,the resorts and just about everything else Disney. The best thing I love about Disney is being able to share it with friends and relatives who would otherwise might never have gone. We have taken almost all our neices and nephews (plan on bringing the last three when they are a little older), adult friends for adult weeks and other families who want to go but think they cannot afford it. Being DVC members we usually give our relatives and friends a room for 5 days or so. Sharing the Magic is the most magical thing I do for myself, watching a childs face the first time they see Cinderella, or Buzz or Winnie the Pooh, having an adult friend say Wow this is an adult playgriund too and realize it is Ok to be young at heart and a kid agiain. My DH and I always get told we need intervention but if happiness is an addiction I am glad I found the magic which my vacations to Disney bring. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter