You've Gotta Try "Crocs"..they're Shoes!

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Crocs are a great summer shoe (heck, I 'll wear them all year long). They're styled like a European clog and made out of resin - they're so light that they float in water! The foot bed softens up with your body heat - I LOVE these things and think they'd be perfect for touring WDW. The colors are so cute (12 different ones to be exact) and they're inexpensive. You can look them up on Google under "Crocs Shoes." If you're like me and hate hot feet in the summer but can't walk all day in flip flops - these are great!! Hope someone else enjoys them - they have kids sizes too!!:earsboy:

Here's a link if interested:

http://www.crocs.com/crocstalk.asp

These look perfect for a canoeing adventure trip I have planned for later this summer. What style did you buy? Any problems with blistering?

the ones with the holes all over the top. I've had no blistering from day one - they're great. They're really catching on here in Colorado - kids seem to love them, now the adults are hooked as well! Please let me know if you get a pair!!

I'm very interested but wonder about the sizes. The womens small is (6-7) and medium is (8-9). What do you recommend for a someone who wears 7.5 in sneakers? Do they run small or large? Thanks!

What model do you have? I am torn
between the beach and the cayman. I
am wondering how much they differ.

You know - I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between to two. It may be worth a try to contact "Crocs" - I got the Beach model - really happy with them. Please let me know if you find out any additional info on them. :D

I would probally go for the size up. I think they run a bit smaller than actual shoe sizes do - and some folks like to wear these with a pair of fun socks, and the next size up would allow for that. They're a unisex shoe - so they won't fit like a tennis shoe - but more like a clog. And the strap around the back helps keep them in place without being uncomfortable. And i believe you can take the strap off if you prefer. Hope this helps :wave2:

I went to my local shoe store so I could try these on in person. I am a size 10 women's so the CROC I had to buy was a 10/11. It is a much looser fit than what I am used to (don't normally wear clogs).

They are incredibly light weight and I purchased the bright pink color in the beach style so they are a lot of fun. When I wear them with socks, they are quite comfortable however after walking for about an hour in them I notice that the shoe wants to "eat" my socks as they keep falling down.

When I wear them barefoot there are little "bumps" in the footbed that my feet are sensitive to. It's been about 4 days now of wearing them but my feet still get somewhat sore.

I think the bottom line for me is that they will be great for canoeing when I don't have to walk for long periods of time in them but I don't think they are going to be a good choice for me to walk around WDW all day in.

Again, due to the size of my feet they are a quite wide fit. I tried on the 8/9 size but that squished my toes too much.

Good luck to the rest of you, I am glad I heard about these to give them a try!

Brenda

I saw these all over Aspen the other week (in stores and on feet). Wish I had paid more attention to them now! Thanks for the post-I will be checking them out in Hilton Head this weekend!

alison:sunny:

and they DO break in and get even softer even though they are made of a resin material! Just an update - still lovin' these shoes! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter