Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Last August when we almost came home from this trip we never would have thought he would have had almost a year longer with him so we are very grateful for every minute ♥
Oh, Kari, I'm so so sorry to hear about Duval. But you have absolutely the right mindset about these last 11 months - they truly were an unexpected gift :hug:

I'm so sorry about Duval. We had to put our dog down right before Mother's Day so I can relate. So nice that you got to have that unexpected "bonus" time with him after last summer.

Glad you guys were able to get away for the 4th. Cute pics and it looks like you had beautiful weather!

oh, I'm sorry about Duval - we have a 12+ yr old, blind in one eye and about deaf who I wonder about every day and I'm also going to hate making that decision for her.

Good to see a TR - I'm missing those, and I feel it will be a while before everyone gets back to them!

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I can't imagine how hard that must be, especially with everything else going on right now. So nice that you got to have a little escape though!

I’m sorry to hear about your Duval. My one and only tattoo is from the loss of my sweet Annie Bean (the dog in my avatar). They really are family.

I wasn't sure if or when you were going to talk about Duval :hug: You know I understand how hard it is but like I said you did the right thing, the loving thing, and the hardest thing is to do right by our animals when it's what hurts us the most 💔

Wait. You have a cabin in West Virginia? It looks beautiful, but do they even serve Bone Marrow there??
Pretty sure they just eat their cousins bone marrow in West Virginia?

I kid, I kid! It's good to be back 😇

I am still here.... some times! playing catch up!

Like everyone else with a resort reservation I’ll be up and at um tomorrow morning to watch Disney IT crash and burn . I mean book my park reservations for October 😬 We completely lucked out because we didn’t have tickets to go with our reservation at Animal Kingdom Lodge but, just like with those ADRs, something told me I should get them. So on a lark a two weeks ago I was able to get military tickets through Shades of Green. This was after Disney stopped selling tickets and apparently the very last day Shades was selling them. All kinds of pixie dust there. Hopefully it continues tomorrow.

WOW talk about luck! Did you book your parks, did i miss that update?

Between the amazing company and drinks I don’t remember how could I give Jock’s anything other than five stab’s from forky right in his butt cheek.

haha! This update was so tipsy and i loved it!!

Hi Everyone! I've been pretty busy with work and life the last few weeks, but Happy Disney World reopening day. As I type this I'm watching a live stream that is currently inside Carousel of Progress and I'm having all the feels.

YAHOOO happy opening day!!

Speaking of feels since many of you had asked thought I would let everyone know that we said goodbye to our sweet Duval last week. It was a heartbreaking decision as his spirit never changed, but his body just couldn't go anymore. Last August when we almost came home from this trip we never would have thought he would have had almost a year longer with him so we are very grateful for every minute ♥

I am so sorry for your loss! Sending you hugs and love, but it is amazing to hear you got so much extra time with this gorgeous baby!

We hadn't been able to leave him since this trip last August so we were at least able to escape to our family cabin in West Virginia for the 4th of July. It felt so good to be outside of the walls of my house for every reason you can imagine.

So nice to get out i am sure! Are you still going into work at all?

Hope you are all staying safe and doing well!

We tried Shula’s for the first time last summer. We had two of our four boys with us and this was Liam’s choice. OMG we all still drool and speak in hushed tones about this diner. Everyone got steaks . I ordered bernaise sauce and horseradish sauce so the boys could try them. They enjoyed them. We got the spinach which was a big hit. We also got the scalloped potatoes that were amazing. Definitely try them next time delicious. The boys never had soufflés so we ordered them and OMG insanely good. We are DVC members so we had lots of leftovers for the next day. I have to tell you the leftovers were amazing and that’s heating them in a microwave. Can not wait to go again.

Oh, Kari, I'm so so sorry to hear about Duval. But you have absolutely the right mindset about these last 11 months - they truly were an unexpected gift :hug:
Thanks Tracy. We were hoping for the longest time that he'd just make it through the holidays but our old man managed to get not only Christmas in, but some Easter, Mothers/Fathers Day and his favorite holiday - Valentines Day - aka his birthday.

I'm so sorry about Duval. We had to put our dog down right before Mother's Day so I can relate. So nice that you got to have that unexpected "bonus" time with him after last summer.
Thank you. You definitely know how hard it is. We were grateful for more time with him - especially the last few months.

oh, I'm sorry about Duval - we have a 12+ yr old, blind in one eye and about deaf who I wonder about every day and I'm also going to hate making that decision for her.
Thank you. Its a horrible decision to have to make but in the end it is what was best for him.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet dog. I can't imagine how hard that must be, especially with everything else going on right now. So nice that you got to have a little escape though!
Thanks Kathy. Certainly a lot going on in the world but that also meant we got lots of extra time with him that we are so grateful for.

I’m sorry to hear about your Duval. My one and only tattoo is from the loss of my sweet Annie Bean (the dog in my avatar). They really are family.
They truly are. Annie Bean is beautiful. I've been contemplating getting a tattoo for him and our girl , Mallory, we lost two years ago but haven't made any decisions yet. They were both named after Key West so thinking about something with the KW flag and paw prints.

I wasn't sure if or when you were going to talk about Duval :hug: You know I understand how hard it is but like I said you did the right thing, the loving thing, and the hardest thing is to do right by our animals when it's what hurts us the most 💔
:hug: Perfectly said

Pretty sure they just eat their cousins bone marrow in West Virginia?
:rotfl:Only second cousins

WOW talk about luck! Did you book your parks, did i miss that update?
I don't think I ever posted anything about it but we did. Jason was able to get in fairly easily so we are set for October. Hopefully Florida gets its act together before then

I am so sorry for your loss! Sending you hugs and love, but it is amazing to hear you got so much extra time with this gorgeous baby!
♥ Thanks Lauren

So nice to get out i am sure! Are you still going into work at all?
Yeah I'm pretty much back in full time. We can still work from home but I've got lots of stuff to close on that requires me to be in. Hoping we can get away next month though for some beach time and R&R. How about you?

OMG we all still drool and speak in hushed tones about this diner. Everyone got steaks . I ordered bernaise sauce and horseradish sauce so the boys could try them. They enjoyed them. We got the spinach which was a big hit. We also got the scalloped potatoes that were amazing. Definitely try them next time delicious. The boys never had soufflés so we ordered them and OMG insanely good. We are DVC members so we had lots of leftovers for the next day. I have to tell you the leftovers were amazing and that’s heating them in a microwave. Can not wait to go again.
Shula's is definitely a winner. I honestly couldn't believe it when people said it was better than Yachtsman which is so good but sure enough it was. Jealous you got to have some leftovers too. We haven't stayed in a DVC for a while so sadly no leftovers for us.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great evening at Jock Lindsay's.

So sorry about Duval but I'm glad you were able to appreciate the extra time with him. 💙

Glad you got away for the holiday! It sounds like you all needed the escape and looks very peaceful.

Aww I'm so sorry about Duval. He looks like such a sweet happy dog. :hug:

Glad you were able to get away on the 4th! I have not really been anywhere. Am attempting the beach next week on a weekday. Fingers crossed it will actually be a good experience!

I'm so sorry about your pup, but so glad you guys got so much extra time with him.

Also, hi sometimes neighbor! I'm in Wheeling!

I have total cabin fever so debated getting an AirBnB downstate and visiting a park, but I'm pregnant again and on all sorts of restrictions so outdoorsy hiking type stuff isn't in the cards. Boo.

I’m so sorry about your loss of Duval, he looked like such a big sweetie. Hope everyone is doing well. What ADRs are you going to be making for October?

I'm so sorry about your pup, but so glad you guys got so much extra time with him.
Thanks so much!

Also, hi sometimes neighbor! I'm in Wheeling!

I have total cabin fever so debated getting an AirBnB downstate and visiting a park, but I'm pregnant again and on all sorts of restrictions so outdoorsy hiking type stuff isn't in the cards. Boo.
Hi there!!!! It is definitely nice to get away but I totally get not wanting to do it pregnant. We were actually in WV again last weekend. The cabin is in Canaan Valley which is a great little getaway and only about 2 1/2 hours from us in DC.

I’m so sorry about your loss of Duval, he looked like such a big sweetie. Hope everyone is doing well. What ADRs are you going to be making for October?
Thank you Heather ♥

Haven't thought too much about October reservations. We will definitely want to do the few signatures that are open so likely CG, Topolino's, and maybe Tiffins. I officially have 30 days from today to make our dining reservations so this will be a topic of much conversation in our house.

Kari! I am so sorry about Duval. I am going to text you right now...
Thanks for reaching out Jenny. Sucks we both have to go through this.

Last edited:
Come on Ride the (Morimoto Asia) Train

Hi everyone! Happy August or as it is known in our house: My birthday month. So in honor of it's Kari's Birthday Awareness Month and since its been almost a year to the day since we endeavored on this little trip of ours I thought I would finally write about our last Disney meal. I'll warn ya the pics are terrible, but the notes are tipsy, and a great night was had by all.

We'd last left off with drinks at Jock's Lindseys with the fabulous Ariella aka @StarWarsMomofGirls! and the artist formerly known as @ariane37. She's going by some strange symbol these days that I can't seem to find the characters for. We'd arranged dinner together at Morimoto Asia and I was so excited since our previous meals here had been fabulous. Spoiler alert that was not the case this time but the company was so forkin' good.
Love these ladies ♥

We were seated towards the back of the restaurant at a huge table with a massive lazy Susan (not to be confused with @suse66 who is decidedly awesome and not lazy) in the middle. 515118
In addition to being joined by the Hey Butt Cheek gang again that is my Kirin Beer front and center. I'm gonna go with this either cost $10 or I had 5 of them because my notes said "Kirin 10 each for 5"

Jason ordered a "Japanese whiskey Nokia cod grain" which clearly was either made from an old school flip phone or cod grain. Either way he had whiskey and was with our favorite sanitation worker so he was a happy boy.

While we waited for some food our budding cinematographers continued their theatric marvel otherwise known as Hey Butt Cheek.
Look out Spielberg!

Eventually our appetizers came and we started with the amazing Morimoto Asia ribs which are pork ribs, cilantro, and hoisin sweet chili glaze.

These are some of the best ribs I've ever had. Tender, crispy, sweet, and spicy these are everything you'd want your ribs to be.

Casey branched out on her own and went for the spider roll which is tempura soft shell crab, spicy mayo, cucumber, and asparagus.

IMG_0434.jpeg
Pretty sure she didn't let us try this but "Casey spider took typical hit she likes."

While we waited for entrees the lazy Susan took center stage as it collided with Brer Frog from the Hey Butt Cheek gang for a trip around our Morimoto world.

Mmm...Frog It's Whats for Dinner

And not to be undone Mrs. Hey Butt Cheek got into the lazy susan train mix too.

While clearly the party was heating up, sadly the food was about to do down hill. For entrees Jason and I decided to share two different items. I was in a seafood mood and noddle kinda mood so we ordered the Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles with jumbo shrimp, scallop, calamari, seasonal greens, garlic, and shio dare sauce.
IMG_0439.jpeg
This was bad from the jump as "Shanghai night noodle bit what I expected fried food not noodles mix with ick brownie sauce shrink good but calamari taste like cheap bufet and wouldn’t order again." Between the weird sauce, mushrooms, and bad calamari this was a definite fail.

We also ordered the Morimoto “Buri-Bop” - Korean style yellowtail rice bowl, served in a hot clay pot, finished with egg yolk, and prepared tableside. We'd had this before and it was one of the best things we'd ever had on property.

Sadly not today. This is supposed to be served in a 400 degree clay pot so the rice gets super crispy and the tuna cooks, but our pot was barely warm to the touch. We sent it back, which we never do, but even try #2 was not up to snuff.

While our apps were good I'm gonna have to give Mr. Morimoto just three forky's because "Grey meal for friends not dood but all fine I the end saved 34."

But of course the ever illusive 10 forky's for time with our wonderful friends.

Up next, Toto I don't think we're in Disney anymore...

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Happy August or as it is known in our house: My birthday month. So in honor of it's Kari's Birthday Awareness Month and since its been almost a year to the day since we endeavored on this little trip of ours I thought I would finally write about our last Disney meal. I'll warn ya the pics are terrible, but the notes are tipsy, and a great night was had by all.
Tipsy notes are the best notes!
We were seated towards the back of the restaurant at a huge table with a massive lazy Susan (not to be confused with @suse66 who is decidedly awesome and not lazy) in the middle.
Let's go with sometimes lazy but I try to be all round awesome, lol!
Eventually our appetizers came and we started with the amazing Morimoto Asia ribs which are pork ribs, cilantro, and hoisin sweet chili glaze.
Those look incredible!
Casey branched out on her own and went for the spider roll which is tempura soft shell crab, spicy mayo, cucumber, and asparagus.
I love those rolls too.
But of course the ever illusive 10 forky's for time with our wonderful friends.
Absolutely a 10 forky picture!

So, I have not been on the dis in FOREVER!!! And as fortune would have it, I jumped on tonight!

OMG! You are right! I need to crack down on my trip report and finish it up!

artist formerly known as @ariane37
Ha! I am suprised you can still tag her!

Spoiler alert that was not the case this time but the company was so forkin' good.
Boo to the food. It was still a great time.

While we waited for some food our budding cinematographers continued their theatric marvel otherwise known as Hey Butt Cheek.
Do they sound like they are trying to have a random accent?

IMG_0434.jpeg

Pretty sure she didn't let us try this but like any good stoner "Casey spider took typical hit she likes."
AHHHH! Yes, the sushi that Gwen had CLAIMED she was going to eat....

While we waited for entrees the lazy Susan took center stage as it collided with Brer Frog from the Hey Butt Cheek gang for a trip around our Morimoto world.
Perfect video!

"Burn boo big disappointment had make twice and lit not hot Enugu so rice doesn’t crunch ho disappointing." Ho disappointing indeed.
I want to go back and try it again! It was good in it'sn not crunchy-ness...

"Grey meal for friends not dood but all fine I the end saved 34."
It was a grey meal!

I love this picture of the two of them! They seriously look like life long buds. Gwen just asked me yesterday, if I thought we would be able to go to Disney at the same time as Casey again. I said I sure hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!