Zip Lock Bags?

Shellbe76

Earning My Ears
Okay, so our trip isn't till next year - but I'm a sucker for being really organised. So this ziplock bag idea is really good, and have seen it crop up a few times with regards to Disney - I've found a USA website that ships to the UK, and want to know what size in inches a 2 gallong bag is - as the measurements are in inches only. Or, what size is best for storing a 5 year old's clothes in for each day - loved that tip!! So, any help would be really appreciated - thank you :)

my 1 gallon bags are 10-9/16 x 11 (26.82cm x 27.94 cm) I've heard the 2 gallons are best but I dont have those #'s

Looks like you've got your bag measurements but I wanted to comment on putting kids' clothes in a bag. We did this for DS3 and DS1 and it was great (we used a 1-gallon bag for each kid). I will say that you probably want to use the traditional ziploc bags and NOT the ones with the plastic tab that slides across to close; the sliding-tab ones were fun at first but after a couple of uses the tab tended to break off. By the time we left WDW most of our bags were broken. I guess if you take lots of extra bags that's not a problem. Next time I will use the regular ones, though.

Have fun!

Are the 1 gallon ones big enough for keeping a 5 year old's clothes in? Thanks for all the info, very helpful :)

Anyone in the UK that reads this, I've found a website which sells these ziplock bags (in quantities less that 1000!!!!)
here

Whether a 5-year-old's clothes will fit in a 1-gallon probably depends on the season; we went in July and easily fit our (big) 3-year-old son's T-shirt, shorts, undies, and socks in a 1-gallon bag. If you're going in cooler weather and are taking long pants or heavier shirts (or including an extra pair of shoes) you will probably need a 2-gallon.

We're going Oc 29 to Nov 12. We've been told the weather is still very warm - at least according to every brochure we've looked at, so I'm guessing we all just might need a light jacket or sweater for the evening? As for the bags, I've sent off for some samples, and I'll be able to see then what I need, thanks for all the help!:Pinkbounc

I have a 5 yr old son adn put his spare clothes for school in a 2 gallon bag, I could have fit two outfits in it. So I think the one gallons will be perfect!

THANKYOU Shellbe76 for posting the website. I also live in the UK and Ziplock bags are just what I need for our trip in Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter